corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Single carriageway + funeral procession
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i genuinely dont see the issue, if overtaking in anyway shape or form could be deemed rude or if i actually thought anyone could take offense then maybe so,

i think most of you have this picture in your head of some twat dropping it down a cog and nailing it past.

a slight extra application of throttle in a high gear is all thats needed to roll past and noone not even in the cars will batter an eye lid

can see why all you scots are a labour loving bunch of hippies
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must be a troll.

Edit: Jedy, not Steve.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Eck]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so gypsies are the same as a funeral car now?
Ben G

22nd Aug 11 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't imagine overtaking a funeral procession myself but if there is enough room to do so without having your big bored 5 sounding like your doing 150mph then i don't see the problem.

what if police had to come past to get to someone who was dieing in a car accident?
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Aug 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I'm talking about the debate wether 80 was acceptable on the motorway most Scots said it wasn't, now this

But it isn't acceptable

Would you pass a fixed speed camera doing 80mph, then protest when you got a ticket through the door??
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i genuinely dont see the issue, if overtaking in anyway shape or form could be deemed rude or if i actually thought anyone could take offense then maybe so,

i think most of you have this picture in your head of some twat dropping it down a cog and nailing it past.

a slight extra application of throttle in a high gear is all thats needed to roll past and noone not even in the cars will batter an eye lid

It's not the noise ffs. Why can't you grasp that? It's called respecting the dead. If I saw the cortège being lead by the funeral director, I would actually stop and let them by if they were coming up the other side of a road. Different people think otherwise obviously, but that doesn't make me a hippy
Ben G

22nd Aug 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i keep reading this thread and instantly think of inbetweeners.
Adam_B

22nd Aug 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overtake, mostly because if it was the other way round it wouldn't bother me at all.

I think I know the road Ric is on about, it goes on for ages.
Hammer

22nd Aug 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
what if police had to come past to get to someone who was dieing in a car accident?

Yeah, that would be the same as impatient Steve hooning by in his Ford shitbox.
Dave

22nd Aug 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can't imagine overtaking a funeral procession myself but if there is enough room to do so without having your big bored 5 sounding like your doing 150mph then i don't see the problem.

Entirely different scenario, also I'm pretty sure ambulances/paramedics deal with dying people.
mattant

22nd Aug 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i keep reading this thread and instantly think of inbetweeners.

Me too, I tried to find the clip but couldn't
BarnshaW

22nd Aug 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

Yeah, that would be the same as impatient Steve hooning by in his Ford shitbox.

ford shitbox
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

It's not the noise ffs. Why can't you grasp that? It's called respecting the dead. If I saw the cortège being lead by the funeral director, I would actually stop and let them by if they were coming up the other side of a road. Different people think otherwise obviously, but that doesn't make me a hippy
the same way you can't grasp its not disrepecting the dead hammers comment proves my point about the mindset you are thinking an overtake would happen.
ianofbhills

22nd Aug 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember posting a similar thread a few months back.
Mine was slightly different i did overtake the funeral procession and had loads of drivers flashing their lights and generally being mad at me.
I'd waited behind the procession on a nsl single lane carriageway for some distance, when the road became dual carriageway i moved out slowly and overtook like you would with any other slow moving traffic.

It must be a Scottish thing because i honestly cant understand the problem with that.
Dave

22nd Aug 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the angry drivers didn't give you a hint then?
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

the same way you can't grasp its not disrepecting the dead hammers comment proves my point about the mindset you are thinking an overtake would happen.

I'm surprised actually. You're near enough a middle aged man, I imagined you'd be more inclined to respect previous traditions than the younger people on here. Then again, you are trying your damndest to stay young, hip and cool.
Neo

22nd Aug 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I die, I give you all permission to overtake my funeral procession. In fact I encourage it.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
All the angry drivers didn't give you a hint then?

Guess not Tbh, no matter how much back and forth there is in this thread, it won't change anyones minds so it's pointless. You either have that bit of class, or you don't.
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Aug 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truth is, Steve was overtaken at the Ring by a hearse, and now he's just waiting for the day to get his own back.
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a tractor you would all overtake it. I honestly do not see the difference. Just because its a funeral it means everyone has to stop for them?

Life goes on.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so 29 is middle aged now. Anyway can someone explain how its disrepecting the dead. The dead certainly wont care nor will anyone in the car, so who's actually disrespected
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
If it was a tractor you would all overtake it. I honestly do not see the difference. Just because its a funeral it means everyone has to stop for them?

Life goes on.

Again, it's clearly not something you can teach. Gone are the days of having a modicum of class.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right so 29 is middle aged now. Anyway can someone explain how its disrepecting the dead. The dead certainly wont care nor will anyone in the car, so who's actually disrespected

I said near enough middle aged. You're a lot older than most of the people who are debating in this thread anyway! How do you know nobody in the car would care? Unless you are referring to your own car?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll happily overtake someone doing 10 mph under the limit but when it's the deceased and their mourners I'll happily wait behind, they're on their last journey to their resting place, I've never come across an event that is so important I can't show a little respect and slow down for a short while.

What Ben said about emergency services heading for a life and death situation, that's quite clearly completely different, it's life and death, being a couple of minutes late work or an appointment is somewhat less of an issue
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you overtake a Gypsy though? That is more important.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession 22 database queries in 2.5979760 seconds