corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Single carriageway + funeral procession
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I really would love to see people sit behind a funeral procession when they're in a rush, no matter what they say on the internet.

Unless its a "matter of life or death" I dont see what could be so important in your life to be-little those who are grieving??

Unless of course you are some kind of saint?
Graham88

22nd Aug 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all, I would never portray myself as a saint not even on an internet site where people pretend they never do anything wrong.

As a few people have mentioned, alot don't see it as be-littleing, it just depends on the manner and situation that it was in.

So going by what the OP said, slow funeral procession, plenty of room to overtake, what would I do? I'd overtake.
Adster

22nd Aug 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been in one before and again didn't bother me that people were over taking. All I concentrated on was the state my family was in.

End of the day, different people have different opinions. I honestly would overtake (if my sportex wasnt so F**king loud)
But whatever suits you lot really.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Aug 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me persoaly i would hold back but tbh it is personal oppinion some people may see it as being rude or inconsidiret to over take but others may see it as if you over take atlease leave plenty of room and be polite (bit hard with my opinion of a moded car)

other things you could do is if u know the area then you could hold back to the next avalable turn off or junction and take a different direction
All Torque

22nd Aug 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Graham, if I was in one of the procession cars going to a friend's funeral I doubt I'd give two fucks if someone overtook....

If simply overtaking pissed off anyone in the funeral cars then imagine if it rained at the funeral too They'd go ballistic
Graham88

22nd Aug 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine if a fox ran in their path? Jesus, someone would have a heart attack and they'd have another death on their hands. I bet the fox would feel bad.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Graham88]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're all entitled to opinions. I could call Graham, Pete etc inconsiderate pricks but I choose not to as it's your opinion
John

22nd Aug 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd wait behind it because I'm not a twat.
Graham88

22nd Aug 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Eck, I never said otherwise, the OP asked for opinions and I gave mine
adiohead

22nd Aug 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would overtake because I'm not a twat
Dave

22nd Aug 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately wait, what's the rush really?
Generation

22nd Aug 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If hang back, overtaking isn't wrong in this situation technically, although as said I'd show respect first. Although half the country no longer has thy anyway
sc0ott

22nd Aug 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would happen if you overtook and then sat in front doing 10mph?
Twiggy

22nd Aug 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if i knew them
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably hang on, not often I'm in a rush these days.

Edit - in fact even if I was I still wouldn't pass unless it would clearly take the mick not do to so like on the motorway example.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Ian]
Liam-Wilko

22nd Aug 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is geting qouite argumentative haha
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's not
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is nothing for Corsa Sport
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would wait. If it was a dual carriageway or motorway etc I'd pass. I always nod my head and turn the stereo off if I pass funeral cars coming towards me.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd always wait. Always. It's a sign of respect for the deceased and for those grieving the death. Each to their own, but I just think the fact folk would even consider this just shows what a self centred nation we'be become where our time is so precious and must not be wasted by anything or anyone. Long gone are the days when people would stop in the streets etc if a procession passed.

I know from personal experience of my grans funeral when the hearse and family funeral car tried to come out a junction into a road, but not at the speed a driver would have liked, who obviously had yo break slightly, he started peeping and waving his arms around. I know from every one who witnessed its perspective that it just made an already shitty day that little bit worse. Never mind the car full of people mourning the death of their mother, this asshole had just had to use his brakes. That was the real fucking tragedy of the day!
Jambo

22nd Aug 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was in a funeral procession and a car overtook I would not think they are disrespecting the dead.

This is because I am a sane rational human being who understands I inhabit a small island with too many people n it.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Jambo]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does it make you insane to have a different opinion Jambo?
AlexW

22nd Aug 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the road was a long one and I didn't think they would be turning off I'd overtake.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by AW06]
mattk

22nd Aug 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id overtake, the smoke would be un avoidable though Im afraid
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus fucking christ the way some of you are going on, if you are that concerned just follow them to the fucking funeral and join in

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession 23 database queries in 0.1953011 seconds