corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Single carriageway + funeral procession
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 11 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or... not Like I said, it's personal opinion. To say I'm not sane, or say that I should join in the funeral just because I would wait behind it is daft.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Eck]
Edd

22nd Aug 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a quick look, all the Scottish folk have said they would hang back, me included

Shows class
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you lot are saying that you would sit behind it doing 10mph instead of overtaking? Bollox.

I bet you all moan if a car is doing 10mph below the speed limit when your behind them.
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont even know why going slow shows respect in the first place.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also don't do 80 on the motorway apparently
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I dont even know why going slow shows respect in the first place.

It's not the going slow that shows respect Were you dragged up? They very rarely do 10mph along a 60mph road anyway
Dave

22nd Aug 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
So you lot are saying that you would sit behind it doing 10mph instead of overtaking? Bollox.

I bet you all moan if a car is doing 10mph below the speed limit when your behind them.

The OP said it was doing about 20 but yes I would, I'm not saying everyone else should, that's their call to make.
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massive divide here. The southerners all said they will overtake, whereas the northerners/scottish all said they wont overtake.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Eddx14xe]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be siding with my home nation. You know... The one that isn't fighting itself.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scots are either the most law abiding drivers on the road or there is some bullshit been spoke
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do get pissed off with people going slow but i wouldnt overtake a funeral car, there will be at least 4 cars going to the funeral so it would take a decent bit of acceleration to get past all 4 of them
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no law against overtaking? So I'm not sure what law we are meant to be abiding here Steve?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm talking about the debate wether 80 was acceptable on the motorway most Scots said it wasn't, now this
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it isnt acceptable, speeding is never acceptable.

doesnt mean i dont do it
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That has fuckall to do with this thread? I didn't say 80 was unacceptable, because I regularly exceed it But what you were saying is it's basically legal. Whereas the highway code states otherwise. But again, dig that thread up if you wish to debate the point.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they said they wouldn't do it also
Nath

22nd Aug 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd beep and give wanker signs as I overtook.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They? Saying ALL Scots said it is quite a bold statement. An incorrect one at that.
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not gonna bother to read all the comments but anyone who said overtake is a cunt. End of.

What's ten min out of your day? How would you like if it happened to you?

Hate cunts that pull out, overtake funeral processions.
Hammer

22nd Aug 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overtaking a funeral procession would be the height of ignorance.

Nothing is that important you can't show literally seconds of respect for other people.
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seriously is a trend here that the Scottish and northeners aren't a gang of tits (well in this instance anyway). I must figure out why this is...
BarnshaW

22nd Aug 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am southern and would not overtake, shameful to even think of it.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing that's because your moral compass doesn't allow you to go with kids either?
John

22nd Aug 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I'm talking about the debate wether 80 was acceptable on the motorway most Scots said it wasn't, now this

I think the Scotch said they wouldn't overtake a cop doing 80. I don't sit under 70 on the motorway.
Jed D

22nd Aug 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id overtake. just like i did to a load of gypsy's with their horses today. wasnt being shy on the rev's eather, although i didnt take the piss.

just think of it this way though, for all you know that car could be carrying the dead body of the thieving, raping, bighead! plus he's in no hurry

no disrespect to the nice dead people

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single carriageway + funeral procession 22 database queries in 0.0143690 seconds