corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to wire in a cooling fan override switch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to wire in a cooling fan override switch
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jul 11 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just after finding out how to wire in a override switch for my cooling fan on my Corsa b , and what parts I need thanks in advance G
Jed D

1st Jul 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got another fog switch and put it were gsi's have the front fog switch. wired it all up under the scuttle panel, fused it etc...
mines wasn't working as the fan wasn't getting enough volts for some reason.
wasted money changing all sorts
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put a switch in-line with the wire labeld 'switched live'

This way you'll always get enough current. Thats why yours wont have worked Jeddy.
dale87

3rd Jul 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best way for a fan override switch imo is to just splice the brown and white wire (iirc) at the fan switch sensor (botton of rad drivers side). Then run a wire from this to a switch then from the switch to earth.

The sensor in the side of the radiator is just a switch that once a certain temp is reached it earths the circuit out and turns the fan on so all you are doing is bypassing the route to earth for the cars fan relay.

This way all wiring is still protected by the cars factory fuses and relays and the big current is kept out of the cabin so no need for heavy duty cables and 30amp switches like I've seen before lol. Also this way the switch is only ever 'armed' when the ignition is turned on. That's the way I've done it anyway.

[Edited on 03-07-2011 by dale87]
gidged500
Premium Member

3rd Jul 11 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's really good and detailed info guys thank you very much for that really helps I'm thinking of wiring the switch into the dud button next to the fog light switch ?
Jed D

3rd Jul 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah just get another fog light switch out a scrapper its not hard to run the wires to it. i had to cut a little chunk out the bulk head lyk, only about 2cm. fused it under the scuttle panel too
Gary
Premium Member

4th Jul 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your not gonna use a 30amp switch as Dale suggested then you'll have to go the relay route.

New Poll