corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Override Fan Switch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Override Fan Switch
.Matt

User status: Offline
19th Jul 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, i am looking at tryin to add a swicth into my fan so that when i want i can turn the car's fan on to cool the engine, but i want to be able to let the car also turn it on if i dont notice the temperature; anyone know if this can be done and how?
jibjob

19th Jul 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye it should be able to be done mate you would just have to set up your own live wire with a switch in it. run a wire from your battery to wherever you want a switch and then run another wire from the switch to the live on the fan. in theory that should work. you could also put an inline fuse in it somewhere just to be extra safe. that should leave you with an on/off switch for your fan whilst still having the auto fan
Dan
Premium Member

19th Jul 09 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you use an ignition live, not a battery live, as when u leave the car and forget you switched it on, you will come back to a flat battery

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

New Poll