corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ****Blue LED Problems!! HELP!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ****Blue LED Problems!! HELP!!
digitalbanana

User status: Offline
   12th Apr 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok...just tried fitting a set of alan's blue LED's! first off my heater controls do not light up...and didn't before...and i just thought blown bulbs, but that is not the case! I put the LED's in and the LED's do not light up at all even swapping terminals!! Why could this be??

secondly, now, each time i turn my ignition to 2nd or 3rd stage (3rd when car running!) my Hazard lights flash....even when the hazard button is off and on...they wont stop...so i cant drive it!!!!! HELP!!!

3rd....my MFD only shows when the headlights are on! before it showed whenver...can i fix this?

any help at all would be appreciated!! Im stuck.....would resetting ECU fix this or is my car totally fooked??

cheers
cobra148

12th Apr 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just hate car electrics
Your obviously not getting power to the bulbs/leds. Maybe a fuse, or possibly you pulled a wire while removing stuff?
p4ult

12th Apr 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a seperate fuse for the hazard lights, so you can take it out and be ok to drive the car.
Sorry I dont know about fixing it!
Dan
Premium Member

12th Apr 03 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
would resetting ECU fix this or is my car totally fooked??

its totally fooked mate..u aint gonna b able 2 drive it ever again....sorry bud

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's not funny!

Cheers guys.

So can i replace the fuse for the ligts?? do i just reset it or replace it?
cheers again...ill go try it
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...i think i actually blew the whole circuit!!! aahhhhh.

I replaced the fuse...and put the LED's in and it blew that fuse again....and now when i replace it it does not come on and neither does my MFD!!!
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...just poped down to maplins...and got new fuses...a different fuse had blown....

The LED's seem to be the problem! one blew when i put it in circuit with the fuse (10a) as normal.

What do i do???
some1 help as im lost in electronics!
Mav 3000

12th Apr 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the right resistors on them and no crossed/touching wires etc etc?
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got them off corsa nut...so yeah!....ive sorted it now...ive blown about 20 red 10a fuses today!

i just need to find my soldering iron.
John_C

12th Apr 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only put in the 1's in osram holders, coz the resitors 4 the other 1's were 2 big & i got sum nice short circuit smoke
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got that!...but it seems ok now
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...200 cuts later, and a lot of verbal abuse....i have done it. took me a record breaking 6 hours to fit 4 LED's (mainly due to dashes to Maplin for more fuses...of which i need more again! and also due to me losing one of the heater control cables.)

This is a day i never wanna relive! the tension is too much
cobra148

12th Apr 03 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you've fitted them behind the heater control panel? Did you remove the original bulb or just slide a leg of the led down each side of it?
digitalbanana

12th Apr 03 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...another problem....

went to work tonight...came back and thought ill check what my cool led's look like in the dark....the look fecking awesome....(cheers corsa nut for the supply!)...not the point tho...

Came to the car...my MFD was on!!! i thought 'have i left a light on?' nope...so did a quick diagnostic with the car....

the mfd glows when the ignition is off! turn the ignition to 2 or 3 pos. and it turns the MFD off....there are a few 10a fuses missing...the important 1 being the forth along from left on botttom row....i know it controls some lights...just cant remember which....

when the ingition is on the MFD only glows when headlights are on.....it should be on all the time?
obviously not when the car is parked up tho...wierd.
a.t.m. i have taken out the top yellow fuse on the left...controlling the MFD and Courtesy light...but i dont want to have to do that each time...!

what have i done and how can i fix?

cheers for all of ur help before guys.
Richie

13th Apr 03 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some wires are fucked up there, or there is summut totally wrong with the MFD.

A load of mad shit happened with my mates 206, everything blown, no indicators, horn, sidelights, windows, central locking, radio, and all the fuses were fine! Also you could turn the wipers on not off! Took it to a peugot dealer, apparently a common problem!!

Digital it seems to be getting a bit grrr for you atm, my advice is to pick up a MFD from a scrappy for a fiver, and try that, if it still does the same, something has happened to your wiring harness.
Richie

13th Apr 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the MFD glows when you turn the headlights on then i think you got a switched live messed up there somewhere.
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but all that i have done with the looms is unplug and replug them! Havent fiddled or anything.

I need a scrappy near chelt...any1 know of 1?
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 help?
cobra148

13th Apr 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those pins on the mfd loom are very fine, is it possible that one has bent and is shorting out or something? Not much help, but if the problems started after you unplugged a loom I would look there.
Good luck.
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked them....their dead straight! I have now replaced all the missing fuses.

The MFD still glows, but at a fraction of the brightness of when fully on. But last night it seemed bright enuff as if it was fully on. This is worrying as it may get peeps thinking its my headunit....and with no alarm it becomes a great risk....i know...a good alarm is next on my list as my ICE is getting a bit too far!
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any??
digitalbanana

13th Apr 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main heater control lights aren't very bright are they? the extremeties are not colourde blue, but are dark....how many bulbs go in there? i could only find 2 slots for them!
cobra148

14th Apr 03 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are only two, three if you have an air con switch.
The led had a narrow beamwidth, rather like a torch, this is why it illuminates areas immideately in front of it, but as you move away it gets darker.
If you rub the led lens with a fine wet and dry paper it acts as a kind of diffusor and spreads the light rather than concentrating it.
KITcorsa

14th Apr 03 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you must of eather pulled a wire or got something in the wrong way or a fuse has gone! ive just fitting some of alans leds to mine i got the MFD and dials fitted with no problem, and answer to your question is that the leds dont dim like the original bulbsso at night when you turn your lights on the mfd does not dim like originally did, also the bright spot where the buld is is normal! you can try bending the led on its wires so instead of pointing straight forard thay point to the side this would sprad the light more over the entire display! i foun the dials way dimmer than normal lights and really hard to read but i only had them in a week or so and now im used to it and its sweet!

i was unable to see where the heater control bulds are! has any one got a pic to show me where these bulbs are! i had a little trouble seeing them due to the fact that my mid console will only pull out about 1 foot and is very hard to twist ya body to see behind! and no im not pulling all the wires off!

[Edited on 14-04-2003 by KITcorsa]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll