corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Problem!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Problem!!!!
kev_corsa

User status: Offline
13th Nov 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a few of you guys have had the problem of something squeeking when driving your corsa c (think its something to do with the brakes). Well this has just started happening to mine, just wondered what everyone done to overcome it????
neiliosxi

13th Nov 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took mine to vaux and got a new set of pads, providing its within 1st year. They said i had managed to wear them out in 8k! They are obviously too soft for the disks.
corsa-sxi

13th Nov 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm i had a squeaky clutch and took it to vauxhall 3 times, they eventually found the mechanism was rubbing against summat, so they romved it, and applied loadsa grease
CorsaLad16v

13th Nov 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, i had worn down my brake pads, they have a little metal clip on them that when the brake pad reaches it they scrape along the brake disc to tell u they need changing.
combatprojex

13th Nov 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ahd this problem just when i turned right slightly, new pads done the trick
kev_corsa

13th Nov 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and that was a squeeking noise right?
SLSXi

13th Nov 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my car has suffered from this for the past 4 or 5 months. It squeaked constantly while driving. it kind of stopped when I applied the brake gently, but the harder I pressed it just squeaked again!
Took it back to vaux twice. 1st time they said the pads were fine. They said they would re-glaze them. It was fine for a few days, then it come back again. The 2nd time they said they it’s a common problem due to general brake dust and couldn’t do anything about it under warranty. So I just gave up and left it.

Last week when I fitted my new wheels, I took a small brush and cleaned all the dust off around the callipers and pads. Made sure I got into every tiny gap lol and its been fine all week, no squeaking

PainZ

13th Nov 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine also done this

i took it to vaux twice and they took the whole brake system aprt, they asured me there was no problem, after the second time it was still sqeeking so i took it to garage localy which fitted my suspension for me and he said i had a cracked pad on the inside off my drivers side.

Went to vaux said that that was prob and they changed pads for me under warrenty
Robbo

13th Nov 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the clutch
Paul H

13th Nov 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does it as well.but seems to stop for a bit when i jetwash all the brake dust of the calipers.only seems to come from the drivers side as well
Fraudster

13th Nov 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have done 16000 miles in 18 months and am on my 3rd set off pads from vauxhall. they tried telling me about this dust and shit, said they can clean it for £91 quid. i said hold on, i have just spent £8500 cash with ya, u taking the piss. they sorted but said it was the last time, i know have a problem with the steering, being tight in spots, so at some point its going back in. jokers believe.
paul_spurrell

14th Nov 03 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had lots of things replaced on mine in the last two years (23,000 miles) under warenty. I will find my post regarding it
paul_spurrell

14th Nov 03 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First year

1st Trip: Wippers needed replacing after 2 months

2nd trip: squeeky clutch. clutch pedal assembly had to be rebuilt and greased

3rd Trip: Brakes squeled. new rear wheel cylinder needed. original leeking

Second Year

4th Trip: Heater only worked on speed four. Coil was broken so new was ordered. had to wait for part. fixed eventually

5th trip: Steering coloum rattles. New lower cloum needed

6th Trip: Central locking started unlocking itself. Needed new drivers door solinoid. old one had broke

7th Trip: Main beem stopped working on passenger side headlight. Fuse fine. Bulb fine. wiring at fault.

things i havent taken it back for cause i cant be bothered: Fog lights show damp, and rear pasanger light holds water.
paul_spurrell

14th Nov 03 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah and i had a new steering rack at the second service
Paul H

14th Nov 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines going in for it's second service soon it's done 17000 miles probs to tell them about are squeaky brakes,drivers seatbelt sticks and won't pull out sometimes,clutch slips when going up steep hills,wipers are fcuked and steering knocks when turning and don't forget door seals leak.
Red_SXi

14th Nov 03 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are all common problems, my Dad is a driving instructor and has had 2 Sxi's and they have both had all of the problems listed above plus more problems too. He waits til service time to get them fixed tho cos if he takes his car in during the week he'll be loosing money where he could have been teaching
Fraudster

14th Nov 03 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuckin hell, think i need a new rack. thats what they said they were gonna do strup it down.
Sjdickso

14th Nov 03 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too have had most of these problems

New clutch assembly and master clinder After 2 months,
both door seals after 9 weeks and they still leak!
Squeking pads and still sqeak!
No been able to go into 3rd gear.

Been trouble free motoring really for a brand new car
Paul H

14th Nov 03 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would love to get about 30 people off here and take all the cars to vaux and say here you go 30 cars with same prob get fixing
RS6

10th Jun 05 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate chris having this very same problem been back to vauxhall twice, still no joy, the other day i was on sitting in heavy traffic blazing sunshine moving very slowly mines doing it really high pitch, and also in car parks driving round sometimes it moans, apply brakes it stops only to repeat again

i clean the car when ever i can, and the callipers and alloys are always clean so don't think it dirt build up

[Edited on 10-06-2005 by fastevoboy]
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jun 05 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
erm i had a squeaky clutch and took it to vauxhall 3 times, they eventually found the mechanism was rubbing against summat, so they romved it, and applied loadsa grease

Did they not put it back?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James_DT

11th Jun 05 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake dust causes brakes to squeek more often than not, it has a certain resonant frequency and when the road/braking vibration makes it reach that, then it squeeks. Or something. Mine just stopped squeeking, they're not worn down as I checked them and they have a break wear light on the dash anyway.

New Poll