corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Konigsport Coilover help!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Konigsport Coilover help!!!!
Kerry

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stil get onto bat they should of advised u of this before selling u the kit shouldnt they
stuyw

3rd Nov 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got some 10mm ones if ur interested m8
Fear

3rd Nov 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry: I know i should but i dont think it will do any good il get my dad to phone them hes better at angry talk

I just e-mailed the guy back:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

The answer was what i was expecting but not what i was hopeing for!!!

May i suggest that it might be a good idea to inform your stockists of this problem and so they can warn buyers so they dont buy the kit like i did to find it wouldnt be compatable!!!

Thanks,

Sam.

stuyw: I might take you up on that but im gonna go and see if i can get somew smaller ones tomorrow as i wanna use the smallest ones possible
Kerry

3rd Nov 03 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuyw

3rd Nov 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ok m8 - no probs, let me know
how u get on
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Nov 03 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got them on mine with plenty of room, even with camber wound right in although my wheels are thinner.

I'd also ask that you consider how the car is going to handle if you'd prefer G-Max to a proper coilover designed to run that low. Was the G-Max also this low?

You'd solve this with an eccentric top-mount which of course would keep the camber.

I'll speak to Dave myself and see if he has a solution.
Scott

3rd Nov 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just seems to be certain cars that are having this problem. i have never had a problem with this kit at all. on of my staff has them on his 2.0 corsa and he has no problems he is running a 7x17 wheel in a 45 offset
Fear

4th Nov 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I've got them on mine with plenty of room, even with camber wound right in although my wheels are thinner.

I'd also ask that you consider how the car is going to handle if you'd prefer G-Max to a proper coilover designed to run that low. Was the G-Max also this low?

You'd solve this with an eccentric top-mount which of course would keep the camber.

I'll speak to Dave myself and see if he has a solution.

I have rung BAT back and they just say they havt had any probs with them and thats all

Yes the G-max was as low as the coilovers, i would even say the gmax backs were maybe very slightly lower

Im gonna ring BAT back today and see what they say, although im not very hopeful

And id put up with the g-max's poorer handling because id have a better ride height
Kerry

4th Nov 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so they havnt had any problems up until now and its unfortunate u are their first customer to have them but surely as a supplier of these goods and in the name of customer services surely they should pay some interest in this situation. afterall they may come across it again in the future and u would think they would want to learn from it. they have sold u somethin and u are havin problems with it, then in my opinion they should see it through until ure problems are sorted.
Fear

4th Nov 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
ok so they havnt had any problems up until now and its unfortunate u are their first customer to have them but surely as a supplier of these goods and in the name of customer services surely they should pay some interest in this situation. afterall they may come across it again in the future and u would think they would want to learn from it. they have sold u somethin and u are havin problems with it, then in my opinion they should see it through until ure problems are sorted.

He sings " You are my one and only"

Thanks Kerry your my only support on this situation
Im just gonna go ring them now
Nismo

4th Nov 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would help mate but i know as much about coilovers as you do broadband suppliers
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 03 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry can I just make the point that you're buying parts to modify a car and I'm very keen that this shouldnt turn in to a 'sort it or else' sort of post. If we're fair then they weren't to know that Sam had wheels wider than the ones used by FK in development, especially in light of the fact that a new top mount may help.

Its on a par with same lowering your car and having chaffage on the arch, the wheel size is as much to blame.

Sam - let us know how you get on.

[Edited on 04-11-2003 by Ian]
Kerry

4th Nov 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot i meant was they could be more helpful than just sayin its not our problem sorry mate. obviously there is a lesson to be learned all round and im sure bat will want to advise future customers of any possible problems that may come with wider wheel
Fear

4th Nov 03 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right first of all id like to say sorry if i have come across that i am angry or unsatisfied a great deal by any company i have dealt with, im just pissed off and venting my anger some way

Right i have just got back from South West Tyres(so i did go to a place that knows what they are doing) and they were really helpful and jacked my car up and put a 5mm spacer on and put my wheel back on and what was the verdict...............

errrrrrrrrrrrrr that aint gonna work in a million years, i am seriously gonna need a 10mm+ spacer for me to set the suspension where i want it

So i have just sent an e-mail to FK stating the above and i am gonna ring BAT tomorrow to see what they have to say

i really just wanna send them back and just be done with it

ts a real shame because it is a fantastic kit
Fear

5th Nov 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

Just phoned BAT to see what they can do and they cant do anything till i hear or they hear back from FK

So i have e-mailed FK AGAIN as i e-mailed them yesterday aswell, so just waiting on a reply, when or if i will get one is still unknow

So it may look like a case of selling the FK's second hand losing about £200+ then buying some more G-max springs and then get some good shocks
Kerry

5th Nov 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont BAT take them back and refund u ?
Fear

5th Nov 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
wont BAT take them back and refund u ?

They are waiting to hear from FK, funny aint it when i had problems earlier in the week the guy e-mailed me back near enough straight away

now that ive asked for my money back i aint heard a word even though ive sent 2 e-mails one yesterday one today

Il give FK till tomorrow when i get home from work(10am) if i aint heard owt il get on the blower to BAT again and say i wont my money and they can take it up with them
Kerry

5th Nov 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 03 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very difficult one this. If you're going to ask BAT to take the suspension back then you may as well ask your wheel supplier to take them back as well. The two parts are mutually to blame.

Out of interest, did you think about changing your wheels for narrower ones and keeping the suspension?

[Edited on 29-03-2004 by Ian]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Konigsport Coilover help!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0157239 seconds