corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dash board Fault

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dash board Fault
britishrallying

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Ive got a Y reg Corsa 1.4 SRi, for some reason the instrument panel keeps giving up the ghost! rev counter, speedo, basically everything stops working, even the fuel pump if you try to restart the car. A simple tap on the dashboard seems to get it going again!!

Ive had it back to Vauxhall twice, and the've said its a fault with some module at the back of the dash! and fixed it under warranty.

Thing is my warranty runs out in March, and im not convienced that they have fixed the problem.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem or heard of anyone who has? I've unofficially been told its a problem on most new Corsa SRi's.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Gaz
Adam-D

2nd Feb 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it would be a loose connection on the multi plug
or as u say the fuel pump stop so it could be ecu related
i say take it back to whoever to fix it and make sure they do
danregs

2nd Feb 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i know on the corsa c, as well as an ecu there is a "central control unit" which controls most things electrical including the dash, central locking and most likely has some sort of say in the running of the fuel pump?

worth considering maybe

dan

New Poll