corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Airbag warning light, HELP!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Airbag warning light, HELP!!!!!!
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
   8th Apr 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, today i tried replacing my std steering wheel in my 1.2 breeze(with airbag) for a momo race wheel.
Disconected the battery, left for 2hrs, took air bag out and managed to get wheel off, then the wee box thing behind the wheel opened and loads of white tape with orange stripes came out (similar to a measuring tape when it breakes open) (It seemed to be the wiring for the horn and airbag)

I coiled it back up, there was instructions on it saying to wind it up till its tight,(anti clock wise i think) then about 2.5 turns clockwise till 2 arrows on it match up.
Done that, seemed ok, the boss i had was for a non airbag corsa, so it didnt work (went on steering spline fine, but connection for horn etc was diff so it didnt work)
put std wheel back on, everyfin conected, but the airbag warning light wont go off, wot will i do(apart from go to a vaux garage)? whats gone wrong??
Please help!!!
Mikorsa16v

8th Apr 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to bridge a couple of wires up mate to stop this, lookin the max haynes manual, this shows u wat ones
moddedcorsa

8th Apr 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this reset the light and put it out? or is this a way of over-riding the light??
moddedcorsa

9th Apr 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on can nobody else help me??? no one had an aftermarket wheel on then replaced to std airbag when selling and had this prob???????
Richie

9th Apr 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a sensor for the airbag obviously to tell you there is a fault. Because there is no airbag there, it thinks there is a fault. The only thing i cud do was take out the bulb for the light in the dash.
kenny2many

10th Apr 03 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL u dont want to be driving along and have the thing go off!

not realy that funny now i think about it!Wasnt sure if ud have probs with the airbag.

mind and post pics up of all the mods u do so i can see them! cheers
moddedcorsa

10th Apr 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem solved, std wheel back on and got a garage to reset the sensors and light has gone out. I am still going to put on an aftermarket wheel but not at the moment as i need a new mounting boss (as one i have is for non-airbag corsas)
Thanks everyone

Yeah kenny, ill post sum pic up wen i get a loan of a digi cam

New Poll