corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help me quick

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help me quick
corsa_sport_white

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took my car in for a new clutch yesterday to vauxhall dealers. Drove it home fine, then this morning my speedomoter needle has stopped moving. It don't move at all. THe other dials eg- rev counter are fine, just my speedo. I'm thinking it must be something they've done when fixing my clutch, but it did work fine yesterday straight after they've had the car. Any advice please, cos its suprisingly hard to drive wivout knowing how quick you're going.
stuyw

2nd Apr 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they've probably disturbed the speedo cable, have a look under the bonnet to see if cable has come off
sledge

2nd Apr 03 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back and dont let them bullshit you. They must have disconnected the cable to seperate the gearbox from the clutch housing.......some numpty hasnt refitted it properly
Gambit

2nd Apr 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look yourself, before you go shouting your mouth off at vauxhall
Andy_J

2nd Apr 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont touch it!!!!!!

Take it back and get them to look at it.

If they think you have been fiddeling with it, they'll tell you where to get off......
corsa_sport_white

2nd Apr 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll shout my mouth off at vauxhall, fcuking mongs. It couldn't possibly be a coincidence that the speedo suddenly stops working after its been with them. So to get my facts straight here - they would have disconnected the speedo cable to change the clutch? correct? i wanna sound like i know what im talking bout and take no bullshit from the rude twats there
corsa_sport_white

2nd Apr 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
DaveC

2nd Apr 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, to change the clutch they should have in most cases disconnected the speedo cable.... get it sorted asap as its needed for the engine management system as well as telling you how fast your going!

Don't go in shouting tho, not needed they will sort it for you
corsa_sport_white

2nd Apr 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's needed for the engine management is it? wot does that mean plz?
DaveC

2nd Apr 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a speed sensor which feeds information from the gearbox sender unit to the ecu telling it how fast the car is traveling. The car will run okay without it in principle, but after time you may notice it cutting out when slowing down, and ecu light comming on now and again.

Its possible you may not get any problems, im just talking from experience with an astra, and another corsa that the spedo sender packed up and caused the above problems.
corsa_sport_white

2nd Apr 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i guess this explains why i've got a light coming on. It's the 'Engine control indicator' which is coming on, never done this before. I'm guessing that this is linked to the engine management system is it? Is that what the ECU is? by the way thanks for all the help ppl
leeshez

2nd Apr 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back and tell them to check it out Gizzmo (the rabbit) Lee
DaveC

2nd Apr 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_sport_white
ah i guess this explains why i've got a light coming on. It's the 'Engine control indicator' which is coming on, never done this before. I'm guessing that this is linked to the engine management system is it? Is that what the ECU is? by the way thanks for all the help ppl

Yeah, thats exactly why the lights comming on! take it back and they'll sort it, if its an electronic speedo it will be something as simple as them forgetting to plug it back it... don't worry about it just take it into them
corsa_sport_white

2nd Apr 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they couldn't possibly have the cheek to try and charge me for fixing it could they? oh and it's not an electronic speedo, its a dial one.
DaveC

3rd Apr 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na, they shouldn't charge you. Not your fault afterall... it may have an electronic sender unit on the gearbox, some were mechanical, some were electronic... not for us to question why! both did the same thing on dash board end.

New Poll