corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ****Blue LED Problems!! HELP!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ****Blue LED Problems!! HELP!!
KITcorsa

User status: Offline
14th Apr 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has any one actally bought the leds of alan (corsa nut) and got them all fitted?? digitalbanana didyou fit the cig lighter buld ok??
cobra148

14th Apr 03 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The heater control bulbs are either at the back or front of the unit depending on the year of your car. I've got a few units here, I'll take a pic for you in a while.
The cigarrete lighter bulb is pretty easy to do, much easier than the heater controls.
cobra148

14th Apr 03 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a pre '97/98 model, your bulbs will probably be on a black bulb rail on the rear of the unit. If you pull the complete unit out a little and remove the black air vent you will see them.
Later models (as in the pic) have the bulbs integrated with the heated rear window switch. To get access to them it is easiest to remove the front fascia trim panel.
KITcorsa

14th Apr 03 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mine is a 99 sxi i had a go at getting the front off but i was unable to get the switches off! the heated rear window switch has a relse click which i could not seem to oporate and the other i just could no pull off!! must be superglued or something! think ill just leave it for now! looks like the leds will ned soldering in etc!

[Edited on 14-04-2003 by KITcorsa]
cobra148

14th Apr 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The knobs on the front can be a bit tight and it might appear as though they won't come off. The heated rear window knob has a hole in the bottom, push a small screwdriver into this hole while pulling on the knob. This should release the clip and the knob will come off.
The leds aren't the plug and play type for the heater controls, but you can bend the legs back on themselves and push the led in similar to a bayonet type bulb.
CORSA NUT

14th Apr 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's a good job i look in here on the odd occasion then eh?

First of all DB if you had any problems you should U2U me.I have never fitted them to a corsa before and rely soley on peoples responses who i sell them too to tell me what they are like and if they are having any problems.

KITcorsa what do you mean by that comment above??
KITcorsa

14th Apr 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which comment??

"yeah mine is a 99 sxi i had a go at getting the front off but i was unable to get the switches off! the heated rear window switch has a relse click which i could not seem to oporate and the other i just could no pull off!! must be superglued or something! think ill just leave it for now! looks like the leds will ned soldering in etc!" this one means that buy the looks of it and the fact i cant get the switches to come off means that ill just leave the heater disply for now! leave it till i take it to garage to get the interior carbon fibered and do it then

or this one
"has any one actally bought the leds of alan (corsa nut) and got them all fitted?? digitalbanana didyou fit the cig lighter buld ok?? " this was just to see who else had bought them to see if any one else could give advise about this and to see if they had tryed that wet and dry trick cobra said, also to see if DB had any trouble fitting the ciggy light coz i not try that yet but ment to be simple!! that explain it mate???

also nice ass my girls is better though
digitalbanana

15th Apr 03 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i have fitted cig lighter LED...easy.

CORSA NUT

16th Apr 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KITcorsa
which comment??

"yeah mine is a 99 sxi i had a go at getting the front off but i was unable to get the switches off! the heated rear window switch has a relse click which i could not seem to oporate and the other i just could no pull off!! must be superglued or something! think ill just leave it for now! looks like the leds will ned soldering in etc!" this one means that buy the looks of it and the fact i cant get the switches to come off means that ill just leave the heater disply for now! leave it till i take it to garage to get the interior carbon fibered and do it then

or this one
"has any one actally bought the leds of alan (corsa nut) and got them all fitted?? digitalbanana didyou fit the cig lighter buld ok?? " this was just to see who else had bought them to see if any one else could give advise about this and to see if they had tryed that wet and dry trick cobra said, also to see if DB had any trouble fitting the ciggy light coz i not try that yet but ment to be simple!! that explain it mate???

also nice ass my girls is better though

Just the second one mate.Thought you might have had trouble fitting them or somthin

Nah worries
CRB 553

16th Apr 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha its a shame i didnt c this post when u first put it up...

The led's shud b 5mm l.3cd, 30 degree.

They need to b wired in series with a 200 ohm resistor.( red black black black brown)

Took me a while to sort out ma first conversion but av done a few for mates now and the whole dash can b done fairly easily.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll