corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CDA Air Filter from the company BMC, is it the BEST air filter?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CDA Air Filter from the company BMC, is it the BEST air filter?
corsajoy

User status: Offline
   31st Mar 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have a HKS "mushroom type" air filter, it works OK (much better than my previous K&N), but I still have some problems with the "hot" air that it sucks when the engine has been much time in traffic, so obviously, performance decreases.

A friend of mine told me that the new BEST air filter around is the CDA (Carbon Dynamic Airbox) which is based on F1 technology. Its size, body and price are very different than any other air filter I've ever seen. It isolates the hot temperature within the engine with a close filter and an extension tube, which sucks cold air from under the car.

Check it out here:
http://www.bmcairfilter.com/VisDetail.asp?ID=199

Has anyone put this in his Corsa B? I need reviews!! CHEERS!!

[Edited on 31-03-2003 by corsajoy]

[Edited on 31-03-2003 by corsajoy]
chrisfitton

31st Mar 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know some one whos made a complete heat shield and insulated it goes from wing around back of filter and to front grille, and rubber seal on top of the metal sheet to prvide a seal against the bonnet and this does not let any hot air in at all and directs all air into filter.
this works just as well if not better as its getting more cold air.
Tam the diesel man

31st Mar 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

akeemking has one on his td corsa looks the doggs

New Poll