corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water System Problem *99% solved*

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water System Problem *99% solved*
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a new vid of the radiator blowing bubbles.

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RWxqdVkRo
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any way i can remove the rad and pressure test the system so see if there are any leaks other than the radiator?

3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, imagine that with boiling water under pressure.

is that the original rad? how many miles had it done?
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thats the uprated rad, its done about 20,000 miles
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
is there any way i can remove the rad and pressure test the system so see if there are any leaks other than the radiator?

i went through my whole cooling system as something leaked then something else, so ended up replacing everything. But my engine bay suffers from heat and all the plastic stuff turns brittle and breaks. And lots of people knew about that

you might be alright just replacing the rad, unless there are other common problems other owners know about.

i'd just do the rad if it was me
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im going to replace the two connecting hoses cos i think its only about £85 for the pair, one is looking quite tatty atm..

but other than them it means looking at the ones in the sills and i dont want to do that as you cant get them out as the sills are boneded to the car.

chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Oct 10 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered the uprated (twin core) rad and the connecting hoses with an apparently better bleed nippe on the hose.

should be here tomorrow so i can get the can buld back up and get it running byt he weekend
sand-eel

5th Oct 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
this 4ltrs of missing water, could it be that that was just replacing lost water, water you may of lost over time and not noticed?

i check oil and water every week. You might of had a shitload of air in the system and barely enough water.

TBH he says he KEEPS putting more water in it, it won't be holding 50L+ of water.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem solved..

it was the water pipe feeding the oil cooler which had rested on the chassis and rubbed through.

i cut the end of the pipe off and re-attached it.

job done.

this is the pic of it leaking.

and this is the difference in the two radiators

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only noticed the water pipe leaking after fitting the new rad.
Ojc

7th Oct 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry.

Nice boots.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate, good to see.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least it wasnt the head gasket!
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Sorry.

Nice boots.

glad you approve, i can now sleep soundly.

yea, im glad it wasnt the head gasket or the head.. but ill only know for definate once i get the car back together and get it on the road..
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where was all this water leaking? I'd be a bit concerned if you've got bodywork that's able to have 4L of water sitting in a part of it. Not that you'd get that but where was all the leaking water going?

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by alan-g-w]
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea at all

i think it was just evaporating as it was only coming out slow, its only when i started moving pipes about after fitting the new rad did it start to piss out.

sand-eel

7th Oct 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, can we take the piss out of the people that said it was the HG?
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Good, can we take the piss out of the people that said it was the HG?

im saying nothing..

any help is appreciated.. but i wont know 100% it was this till its all back up and running.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water System Problem *99% solved* 22 database queries in 0.0141258 seconds