corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd May 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work. I need a cav/whiteline arb!

I'd have made the shelf a stealth shelf but looks like you've done a good job anyway

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd May 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Good work. I need a cav/whiteline arb!

I'd have made the shelf a stealth shelf but looks like you've done a good job anyway

Yeah they're definitely worth it. I've heard there's relatively no difference between the two so I'd definitely recommend getting the Cav one and save yourself a few pennies so you can afford to colour code your wing mirrors and door handles

That did cross my mind but I don't live in a rough area and have never had any security problems with the car so didn't fancy covering the speakers and potentially muffling the sound.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

2nd May 12 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough

nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went and picked up an OMP front strut brace this morning off FAZ. Unfortunately it won't fit though due to this plug:

Nevermind. I'm not going to bother fiddling about with relocating things just for the sake of a bit of engine bay eye candy. Not worth it in my opinion. Was never overly fussed with a strut brace, it just came up at a reasonable price so thought I'd try it.

Got a few more pics of the Cav RARB. Still need to get some proper bushes sorted out for either end of it but after covering several miles it doesn't seem to be budging at all with just washers and a nyloc nut holding it. The handbrake cable just rests on the clamps so it rubs ever so slightly but there's no real force or pressure between them.

Here's a picture of the parcel shelf in better light:

Took my aerial off so I could get to the rubber gasket. Temporary cover lol:

Base:

Does anyone have a part number or know where/how much I can get a new rubber seal? As you can see it is absolutely b*ggered:

Also ground down the threaded connector bar between my new aerial and the base so they sit more flush now

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work Vauxhall might do that seal for the aerial.

Was it easy getting to the aerial?

nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
good work Vauxhall might do that seal for the aerial.

Was it easy getting to the aerial?

Yeah I was thinking they probably would. No doubt being Vauxhall they're lilely to charge me some ridiculous price for it though lol.

Umm it's a bit fiddly and awkward but not too hard really. Not sure if it's different between a 5 door and 3 door but on the 5 door there's a little plastic cover on the roof lining that you pop off and you can get access to it from there. You have to disconnect a couple of wires and then the nut isn't done up very tightly so you can pretty much just loosen it off by hand.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh nice cheers

Vauxhall aren't always ridiculous on small parts If not try Autovaux, they're pretty cheap and deliver next day

nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh nice cheers

Vauxhall aren't always ridiculous on small parts If not try Autovaux, they're pretty cheap and deliver next day

Yeah I'll email my local Vaux and I'll drop one to Kieron@Autovaux as well to see if they stock that part.

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

3rd May 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the rarb make a big difference with the handling
Mark.W

3rd May 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replaced the rubber on the base of my aerial too.

I managed to just loosen the nut on the base enough to lift it up and pulled the old perished rubber off and slid the new one over the top into place.

Looks much better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400112150054?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

[Edited on 03-05-2012 by Mark.W]
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D0NN3R

Yeah it genuinely does make a big difference. I'd heard good things but wasn't expecting too much, especially as my car isn't even lowered. But it really does improve the handling, far less body roll and understeer. Makes the car seem much more confident at taking corners.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Just replaced the rubber on the base of my aerial too.

I managed to just loosen the nut on the base enough to lift it up and pulled the old perished rubber off and slid the new one over the top into place.

Looks much better.

Where did you get a replacement seal from?

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

3rd May 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
quote:

Yeah it genuinely does make a big difference. I'd heard good things but wasn't expecting too much, especially as my car isn't even lowered. But it really does improve the handling, far less body roll and understeer. Makes the car seem much more confident at taking corners.

awesome
do you have a front arb aswel
Mark.W

3rd May 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put the link up mate ^^^^^
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

awesome
do you have a front arb aswel

Yeah just a standard Corsa one. I've heard removing it helps to reduce understeer but will increase body roll a bit. I hate body roll so I think I'll leave it on. The Cav RARB has reduced understeer enough for me to be happy lol. I tend to drive the car hard anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Just put the link up mate ^^^^^

Ahh I did see that but didn't think it was the right one as my one has a different internal design. I've already emailed my local Vaux and Autovaux anyway so I'll wait for them to reply to see if they do it for a better price. Cheers.

MX5 Project Thread
Mark.W

3rd May 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was exactly the same as yours mate and that one on ebay fits fine.
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an email back from Vauxhall. They don't sell the gasket separately but I can buy the whole base for a mere £40.09 Think I'll pass thanks lol.

Think I'll wait to hear back from Autovaux but will probably end up getting that one from eBay.

MX5 Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along well Cav RARB was a big difference with mine too, so much better in the corners. Do i spy leather door cards? or have i missed an update

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Coming along well Cav RARB was a big difference with mine too, so much better in the corners. Do i spy leather door cards? or have i missed an update

Yeah I'm very impressed with it.

No you haven't missed any updates. I've got a few things I'm keeping under wraps for PVS but a few people have noticed the door cards I still have some other things planned though

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autovaux came back with basically the same reply as Vauxhall; you can only buy the whole base and not the gasket separately so I've got that one off eBay.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tried refitting the strut brace by moving the plug but no joy.

Air/fuel box is in the way. Nevermind

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

4th May 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a custom inlet top hat if you no what i mean lol
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
make a custom inlet top hat if you no what i mean lol

Not that bothered to start fiddling with custom things. Already sold the strut brace on anyway

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

4th May 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough mate
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New aerial seal arrived this morning. I only ordered it yesterday! Very fast delivery Big improvement compared to the old one.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When comparing the last two pictures you can see how much better the aerial sits after grinding down the connector bar too

MX5 Project Thread

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.1094990 seconds