corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jan 12 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this hasn't been updated in a while! Added these to my small collection the other day:

Tyre stuff works well.

Also picked up an Omega wiper stalk that has the variable intermittent wiper wheel and features rear wiper control too. This only came on some estate models as the saloon didn't have a rear wiper. Gave it a really good clean with a baby wipe. Pretty manky really lol.

Then got it wired in. Thanks to Haimsey for the tutorial, very helpful!

Fan belt had been a bit squeaky lately so I put it on my list of things to change...then before I had the chance it snapped :faceplam: Got it replaced the next day though.

Last night I took my centre console and MFD apart ready for an update in a week or two I went further than I needed to in terms of dismantling, but I get carried away sometimes in wanting to find out how all the little bits work and go together lol. All I needed to get was the MFD cover and Centre Console cover lol.

I fancy changing something with the heater dial insert but can't really think of what to do.Anyone got any suggestions or ideas? I need some inspiration!

I also noticed when removing everything that the MFD loom had been getting squashed behind the centre console where it connects with the fan vent funnel bit. So I wrapped it up in some insulation tape where the foam had got shagged, and then redirected it around the funnel.

Put everything back together, this is how it will stay for a couple of weeks now.

Turned the ignition on and got blinded lol. Didn't realise the LEDs were quite this bright. I've now temporarily removed them for obvious reasons.

Comments welcome as always

Robin.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work mate heater console lights are bright!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Good work mate heater console lights are bright!

Cheers

Yeah the lights kind of took me by surprise when I turned the key. I completely forgot they would be exposed, they're just butterfly 3LED bulbs so nothing particularly special like SMDs. Normally the camera exaggerates the brightness of lights in photos, but not this time!

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to Uni tomorrow so no more driving around the country lanes. Therefore a good excuse to wash the car Sorry for some of the bad photos, the first few were taken when it was getting dark last night.

A couple of before and afters:

A few more taken today in better light

A new air freshener I got for Christmas lol.

And I noticed that coincidentally these photos are identical...apart from different mods obviously. A lot of changes in 17 months!

MX5 Project Thread
vaux.dan

7th Jan 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks better with the soft stars
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
Looks better with the soft stars

Read the rest of the thread.

MX5 Project Thread
vaux.dan

7th Jan 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already have
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I already have

Ahh right I just assumed you weren't aware of why I don't have them now lol. I've had plenty of people ask why isn't it lowered on alloys etc because they haven't looked back through properly.

MX5 Project Thread
vaux.dan

7th Jan 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know why just think it looks a lot better with softstars lol
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I know why just think it looks a lot better with softstars lol

Yeah it does. Shame really, I'd love to have it lowered again on alloys, would really finish it off.

MX5 Project Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have fixed buckets and spax coilies in coventry, 80 miles round trips every saturday to work plus overtime days,
its not that bad

edit my gf has a yellow LE aswell

[Edited on 08-01-2012 by tom130691]
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
i have fixed buckets and spax coilies in coventry, 80 miles round trips every saturday to work plus overtime days,
its not that bad

edit my gf has a yellow LE aswell

[Edited on 08-01-2012 by tom130691]

The roads around my home in Devon are awful and driving when I was lowered was very uncomfortable. Try driving 20 miles a day on narrow country lanes in a lowered car - it's not fun!

My old house in Leamington was surrounded by massive speed bumps which obviously weren't comfortable to go over either! Place I live in in Leamington now would be fine, but I'm still in Devon half of the year so it's just not practical.

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

9th Jan 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the omega wiper stalk easy to wire in and was there much extra wiring to be done thanks
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D0NN3R
was the omega wiper stalk easy to wire in and was there much extra wiring to be done thanks

Yeah really easy to wire in. No extra wire needed, just a snip of a couple of wires and joining them up.

Here's a tutorial I whipped up for it: http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/fit-omega-variable-46003.html

There's also a tutorial Haimsey made on this site.

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

9th Jan 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
quote:

Yeah really easy to wire in. No extra wire needed, just a snip of a couple of wires and joining them up.

Here's a tutorial I whipped up for it: http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/fit-omega-variable-46003.html

There's also a tutorial Haimsey made on this site.

cheers
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update. When I fitted the tweeters to the door handle covers I only bodged them and held them in with velcro as it was only meant to be temporary...well that was back in June last year :laugh:

I've finally got round to installing them properly though. Picked up a dremel from work for free as they were going to throw it out. Not sure why as it works perfectly!

Here's how the holes were left last time, a bit hacked with a Stanley knife and not big enough for the front part of the tweeter cover.

Here it is after having a go at it with the dremel, much better finish.

Covers on:

Fitting to the car:

Before and after:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE

Got some flocked bits

Couldn't recommend the guy who did them enough, top work, top service and great price. I want more bits done now!

Oh and excuse the mashed up dash around the CD player, a retard who owned the car before me obviously didn't know how to remove the stereo properly alm:

I've also got some SMD bulbs for my rear lights and reverse lights. Much better now but don't have any pics of them fitted, will try to remember to get some tonight.

Comments welcome

Robin.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick couple of pics of the old standard bulb vs. the SMD bulb:

They were taken in slightly different light and so the difference is actually greater than it shows. Bit more reassuring now that I know people should see me properly in the dark!

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

16th Jan 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice flocked parts ive got those wing mirror trim parts aswel
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
very nice flocked parts ive got those wing mirror trim parts aswel

Cheers Yeah I'm happy with them, only thing is I don't have a black interior to match them but I still think it's an improvement compared to standard!

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a little play around with some vinyl scraps. Thoughts? I really like the yellow/orange/red temperature bit, but just slightly unsure whether it would look better if the purple was blue like the top and bottom sections.

Opinions please!!!

MX5 Project Thread
D0NN3R

18th Jan 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quite like that proper stands out
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i quite like that proper stands out

Cheers, yeah looks pretty good I think. Just went out and refitted it, too dark to get any pictures though.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Jan 12 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Acoustic cloth, spray adhesive, SMDs and new tweeters:

Left one SMD right one LED:

Both SMD:

Before with backlit LEDs:

Now with backlit SMDs (Don't overpower the plasma dials as much as the picture makes them out to):

White SMDs behind the heater/fan controls (light is actually white, picture shows it more yellow):

Map lights with SMDs:

Only got the driver's door wrapped in acoustic cloth so far, looks much better than standard though:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th Mar 12 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap pictures but they're better than none. Standard heater dials in:

Some new aero front wiper blades:

New headlights, went for Philips Bluevision. Also replaced the headlight bushings.

Few other bits and pieces arrived over the last week:

Bought the following too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270789941608?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3502wt_1185

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180777320572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2444wt_1185

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380407852458?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1654wt_1199

Changed the spark plugs on Saturday, old ones were a state:

Cylinder 1:

Cylinder 2:

Cylinder 3:

Cylinder 4:

Old vs. New:

Gently loosened old ones:

Hand removed old ones and hand tightened new ones:

Torqued up to 25Nm:

[Edited on 12-03-2012 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.2016959 seconds