corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

It's to do with comfort as well. It's a daily driver and the roads are shite and I'm fed up of destroying my spine lol. So standard suspension and a set of steelies is the solution.

MX5 Project Thread
Christopher

3rd May 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
Bakes

3rd May 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like this car. Surely the standard suspension alone will help?? Without puttin steelies on?? Or are you thinking 15" steels??
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.

Bakes - you're right that just the suspension would be enough. However a non lowered Corsa on 15s just looks shite in my opinion. Hence why I'm selling up and getting some steelies. The money generated from the Softstars will be helpful as I'm a student, plus the tyres on the steelies will be cheaper. Another benefit is they are lighter on the steering (as I don't have power steering) plus when it snows the steelies cut through it really well whereas the 6J Softstars were completely rubbish and just span on everything.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suspension and wheels changed over.

I took it for a quick spin round the block and the steering is much lighter due to the narrower wheels. My house is surrounded by speed bumps and I hardly had to slow down for any of them

Here's how it is currently sat:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Softstars and suspension setup now sold

Still have the Rondells and M3 mirrors available if anyone's interested?

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th May 11 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted the steelies

Quick before and after:

Much better me thinks

Here's a few more photos. You can see in the close up picture how bad a job I've done but like I said, I'm not bothered lol

Oh and I haven't driven it since putting the wheels back on hence why the suspension looks particularly high in the 3rd pic, it just hasn't settled properly yet.

Next plan is to give the tyres a good going over with a brush and some tyre cleaner to get them looking nice and black again They're a bit brown and murky at the moment.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th May 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing too interesting, just gave the tyres a good scrub down. Washed them, foamed them up and sprayed on some tyre shine. Just shitty Wilko's £2 stuff. Complete shite but they look better than before lol. I need to get some proper tyre gel I think.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update. Got my tweeters in the post yesterday from a guy off another forum.

The door handle covers needed some modification to allow them to fit but with a patient process involving a stanley knife I finally managed to get both of the holes large enough to house the tweeters.

Bit of a bodge but they don't look too bad

Pretty happy with my interior now to be honest. Some real leathers would be nice but I can't really afford them and I tried undoing the bolts on my front seats before and they definitely weren't going anywhere

Anyway, some pics:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear bumper should be getting delivered on tuesday and hopefully getting blue LED headlight control, adjustment and rear foglight switches sorted out too Chrome bonnet lifters after that I reckon.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found quite a good photo spot at an industrial estate nearby but it would appear as though my camera is shit at night, my photography skills are limited when I'm pushed for time and the car is dirty and in dire need of a polish lol...

Should have my blue LED rear foglight and headlight switches at the end of next week.

Also ordered some Bonnet Struts yesterday.

Just a quick pic taken a couple of days ago...

Got a replacement rear bumper delivered today. Not in amazing condition but better than what I currently have. Heat gunned it, then gave it a real quick wipe down with some baby wipes.

Will wash, clay, polish and wax it properly at some point when I do the rest of the car.

Before:

After:

Much better Brings it all together and makes the car look much tidier as opposed to all of that dodgy colour coding and flakey paint in my opinion.

Plans now look something like this:

• Fit bonnet struts
  • Fit LED switches
  • Black hammerite the heatshield
  • Black hammerite the battery tray
  • Blue hammerite the calipers
  • Give wheels another coat of white
  • Wash, clay, polish and wax

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
  • nibnob21
    Premium Member

17th Jun 11 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo what have we here???

All interior lights are now Blue or White LEDs. Finally have an LED rear foglight switch, headlight switch and beam adjustment switch

Chrome bonnet gas struts came yesterday too but I accidentally ordered Nova ones. They're much shorter than Corsa ones so don't fit. Going to exchange them for the right ones though

[Edited on 17-06-2011 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

5th Jul 11 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few small things done a couple of days ago, nothing major.

The rubber tube that runs from the screenwash bottle to the front washer jets had split where it connected to the screenwash bottle. So I had to remove the windscreen wipers, scuttle panel and various other parts to get access to that. Removed the screenwash bottle and gave it a quick clean and sorted out the split.

Don't have any before or during pictures.

Gave the pollen filter a quick clean whilst I had access to it. Also while everything was off I gave the underneath all a clean, had to get the Henry involved due to all of the leaves and crap that get stuck in there!

Also gave the scuttle panel a quick clean and then heat gunned it.

As you can see from the bonnet in that last pic, the car was an absolute state. Absolutely caked in dust as the road I live on has just been resurfaced plus a house nearby is having some major building work done on it.

So I gave the car a good wash and polish yesterday...

Also gave the inside a good clean and hoover...

Weather dependent, I'm planning on giving the engine bay a bit of a tidy tomorrow and I aim to give the heat shield and battery tray a lick of black hammerite while I'm at it.

MX5 Project Thread
    Jamie-C

5th Jul 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twit twoo, looks nice and clean. Any plans for wheels?
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

5th Jul 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels are staying as they are. They could do with another coat or two of hammerite but that's the only plan for them.

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

15th Jul 11 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted some chrome bonnet struts yesterday and removed the old bonnet holder. Still haven't got round to cleaning the engine bay though!

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a couple of small things recently. Heat gunned the front bumper as it was no longer matching the blackness of the arches and rear! Also removed the front door hinge pins and replaced with nuts washers and a nyloc so no more creaking Also my Stebel Nautilus horn just completely randomly stopped working Had a good crack at trying to get it to work again but it seems a bit dead for some unknown reason. So a trip to the scrappys for an original horn loom and the standard horn is now wired back in. Also gave the car a real quick wash the other day. Country lanes and wet whether had really got to it quickly!

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't updated in a while. Not loads has happened.

Gave the heat shield and battery tray a quick lick of hammerite.

Got some new number plates.

Car passed its MOT for the 2nd year running with no advisories Had the Cambelt and Water Pump changed though as the Water Pump was on its way out. A friend's Dad did the MOT and other work, only cost £120 Runs much quieter now.

Replaced the front wiper arms as the old ones were a bit loose and would slap about against the scuttle panel and the edge of the windscreen.

I also noticed I have a small leak coming from the top rad hose. It only leaks ever so slightly when the engine gets hot in traffic but the pink residue was enough for me to just get a new hose for the sake of a tenner.

Got a free horn to replace the Stebel Nautilus that broke within its warranty period. Stebel have stopped trading so I've been sent a Wolo BadBoy instead, basically exactly the same.

Will get it wired up sometime this week, will also be getting a post 97 bumper tomorrow and a slatted debadged grille is on the cards. Other plans for the week include changing the hose, oil and oil filter.

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed the new horn the other day. When I had the Stebel Nautilus I just wired it directly to the old horn wiring, not the way you're supposed to do it! So I thought with this one I'd do everything properly.

I started with mounting a bracket to the horn:

With the Stebel Nautilus I attached it behind the bumper near to where the normal horn goes and the elements got to it pretty quickly and it broke after only about 6 months! So this time around I found somewhere nice and dry and sheltered to install it...behind the battery

Here's the setup I used for wiring it in:

So firstly I setup up the earth:

Then the horn +ve to the relay:

Then I removed the old horn and connected the wiring to the relay:

I added a 20amp fuse in the wire going from the relay to the +ve terminal on the car battery:

And then it was all complete, albeit very messy:

Very sheltered and hidden:

Quick tidy up with some cable ties and job done :

Got a new post 97 front bumper from karisma_corsa. Old one off:

New one ready to go on:

Also did an oil and oil filter change:

Place to drain the old oil into :

Removed the old leaky hose:

State of the pipe was horrendous. Very gunky and generally shit:

Gave it a good going over with a wire brush and some wet and dry to clean it up. Flushed the water system with the hose pipe until everything ran through clear, then fitted new hose:

Have since added 2 litres of Halfords advanced antifreeze. Here are a few pictures with the new bumper on. Car is in dire need of a wash, hasn't been done in a few months! Obviously it is also in need of a grille, on order sometime this week :

Also, here's the girlfriend's new car. Vauxhall Corsa 1.3cdti Ltd. Edition:

I want it

MX5 Project Thread
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

10th Oct 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grille turned up very quickly, only a day or so and it was here

Much better now. Just needs that wash I've been meaning to give it!

MX5 Project Thread
    vx-scottw
    Premium Member

10th Oct 11 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do with a spoiler and some alloys and lowered then it will set it off well
    Generation

10th Oct 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS every couple of comments, alloys.

HE DOES NOT WANT ALLOYS
    Sean

10th Oct 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by vx-scottw
    could do with a spoiler and some alloys and lowered then it will set it off well

it used to have most of them he then de-modded it sort of, gfs car is
    vx-scottw
    Premium Member

10th Oct 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agrh right got ya
    nibnob21
    Premium Member

10th Oct 11 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark calm down lol

But yeah Scott if you have a quick look back through the thread you'll see how it once was. Just wasn't practical unfortunately hence why I removed the alloys and lowering shocks and springs.

Suits me better like this although it definitely doesn't look as good as it once did, in my opinion.

Thanks for the comments though guys.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.2013409 seconds