corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jul 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terrible excuse lol.

MX5 Project Thread
gidged500
Premium Member

17th Jul 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best I've got I'm afraid
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breaking for parts now.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=658231

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Aug 13 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few bits done on the car. Just had the MOT which it needed a bit of welding for :S When the MOT was done, the mechanic accidentally broke the glass on the driver's sun visor. When driving over the rollers to get the car on the ramps he head-butted it due to the stiff suspension bouncing him New one fitted now though.

Here's the underside after the welding.

All flocked parts removed. I must admit, I think I actually prefer it. I'd been toying with the idea for a while anyway. I never thought the black flocked parts suited the interior with the grey dash and grey leathers; there was too much going on and it all looked a bit confused.

Got a standard grille put on.

A problem I'd had with the front passenger side was the window scissor mechanism had broken. One of the little ball and socket joints had popped out, so with the help of a mini G-Clamp I managed to pop it back in. One of the in-door window guides had bizarrely come off too, so I rebolted that on. Window works properly now and is all aligned nicely

Another problem is ever since I've had the car the front passenger door hasn't worked with the central locking. Decided to investigate and my guess is that the lock mechanism has been replaced at some point in the car's life, only problem being that it was replaced with a non central locking one.

Had to go to the scrappy for a few bits anyway so picked up a new mechanism with solenoid whilst I was there. Got home and got it all swapped over.

Works properly with the rest of the car now. The small victories are the sweetest

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Aug 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work

Is it being broken completely or are yyou just returning it to a more generic selling state?
BenC1985

21st Aug 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes trying to return it to a more sellable state. Make some money on parts and then make it more attractive to a wider range of people. Exactly what i will be doing with mine when i come to sell it unless i get what i want for it as a whole.
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Aug 13 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Good work

Is it being broken completely or are yyou just returning it to a more generic selling state?

Cheers. Yeah it felt like a real victory when I sorted the central locking out lol.

What Ben said. Returning it to near enough standard, selling a load of the 'modified' parts then in a couple of months sell the car. With it near standard it should be easier to shift it. The only main things staying when I sell it will be the leathers and spoiler.

Luckily my local scrappy sells things dirt cheap. I've got a good two carrier bags full of stuff for about £10. He knows there's no money in plastics so charges virtually nothing for them.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ad up on Gumtree:

Vauxhall Corsa B 1.4 8v 12 MOT 6 Tax | Derbyshire | Gumtree

Had only been listed for about 10 minutes when I got a call, got someone coming to view it tomorrow!

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold

Took a £50 deposit from the uncle of a woman I work with. He'll be picking it up at some point this week.

Got full asking price for it so musn't grumble.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not bad going! What you getting next?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I paid £600 for it at the start of 2010 and have just got all of that back. Sure it has a couple of extras now, but it also has an extra 27000 miles too.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for the time being I'm just going to be using Soph's 1.3 cdti ltd edition. She's not using it at the moment so it didn't make sense having two cars. When she starts to need it again I'll get a bike for work or maybe another car like a Yaris T-Sport.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.0222321 seconds