corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
17th May 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some atlantis blue paint. Post your mirrors to me and I'll paint them at work
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha thanks, but no thanks. Will probably cost more sending them to Ireland and back than just taking them to the bodyshop lol.

Only reason I'm not doing them myself is because most rattle can Atlantis blue is a god awful colour match. I'm hoping the bodyshop will be much closer

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like it's not going to be done until Monday now Got an exam on Tuesday morning so wanted this fitted today so it wouldn't get in the way of revision too badly.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sucks

BTW I sent some bits to Jamie and it didn't cost much at all

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
That sucks

BTW I sent some bits to Jamie and it didn't cost much at all

Yeah pretty annoying as they said it would be done yesterday, and if not today.

I'll bear it mind, may drop him a PM at some point.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bodyshops for you

nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't anyone just do the job in the specified time frame eh? Grrr.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted the aerial issue. Had a closer look at the instructions and realised what to do. Basically turned the whole base around 180deg and then the little adaptor that came with the spoiler screws into the base and then you screw the aerial into the adaptor. The adaptor is shaped so that the aerial won't point forward but straight up whilst also providing enough clearance so that when the boot lid is open the spoiler won't hit the aerial

MX5 Project Thread
dannyboy17

18th May 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Haha thanks, but no thanks. Will probably cost more sending them to Ireland and back than just taking them to the bodyshop lol.

Only reason I'm not doing them myself is because most rattle can Atlantis blue is a god awful colour match. I'm hoping the bodyshop will be much closer

the rattle cans i got were spot on, it was my spraying that let it down
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, once you've added up the time it takes, the sand paper, primer, decent paint, lacquer...you may as well just go to a bodyshop as it doesn't cost an awful lot more and you're guaranteed to get a good quality finish.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's how the aerial looks now. Not the best but it's better than damaging the spoiler once it's fitted.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might get away with it just how it was with that adapter, it's how the vectras were that had spoilers

nibnob21
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you mean with the base the normal way round? Hopefully.

This is how the instructions said to do it and obviously I didn't have the spoiler on me to trial it as it's at the bodyshop. Once it's fitted I'll see what the clearance is like and if it's ok I can rotate the base back round

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fair enough

Jamie-C

19th May 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bodyshops for you
Not all bodyshops are the same
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the diff plate gasket, egr valve gasket and exhaust hanging hook clips today. Very impressed with Autovaux, first time I've used them. Cheap, hassle free and very well packaged.

Diff plate gasket is literally like paper though. Thought there'd be a bit more to it than there is.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autovaux are great

nibnob21
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Autovaux are great

Yeah really impressed with them. Ordered on Thursday last week but they had to order some of the parts in especially for me, and they still managed to get to me today!

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, a little later than expected but I went to get my spoiler from the bodyshop today

As I was getting it for a good price (friend of a friend job) it was delayed by about a week as I obviously wasn't a priority customer, and then I was right in the middle of my Uni exams.

But I went down today and we got it fitted Had to drill a small hole in the boot for the brake light cabling, then just sikaflexed it on. Got the brake light wired up and working. Small bit of orange peel on the spoiler but they said to pop back once the sikaflex has set and they'll polish it up for free to get a proper finish on it.

Sorry for the crappy night pics:

Really happy with it. Makes a big difference

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate They should be able to get it looking very shiny after a polish

Still need to get my boot polished

nibnob21
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my car really needs a polish and wax so the spoiler currently is a slightly deeper colour but once everything's been buffed up it'll all be good

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry these photos aren't much better due to an awkward parking space, but at least it's day light. You can see the orange peel in the close up, but as I said they're going to give it a polish for free to smooth it out.

MX5 Project Thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well that mate
nibnob21
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well? Is that some Northern thing? I take it you mean it looks good...as opposed to it looks healthy?!

Cheers for the comment

MX5 Project Thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is makes it look better now whats next ?

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.0205290 seconds