corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
SeanXE

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you selling off the black one then? Lol, get a new thread up of ya new Corsa then.

And nice wheel and braces Curtis
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice update mate!

Strut braces look really well,get em fitted!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
12valver

11th Jan 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments everyone! Strut braces will go on when the coilovers do

Whats happened stephen, black one has a good shell as far as i remember! Whats wrong with it? Let me know before you scrap it, may be interested! Shame about the metro but what k series dont blow a head gasket or two, or a few
barney1.6sport

12th Jan 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probz gonna sell it as a whole shell. unless i get a few offers for a couple of bits. its standartd neway wiv a gsi bumper.
hmmmm the shell was gd but it was a lot of money that needed 2 be thrown at it, plus i didnt hav a garage 2 work in no more so i thought id sell it. will be up 4 sale in a few weeks once i get the 2.0l brakes off it.
u want a gsi bumper 4 cheap curtis ? haha
n yh the rover was a mess, still managed 2 get £100 for it tho. only paid £200 for it so not much of a loss rele
n have u got ur coilovers already ?
12valver

12th Jan 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool, well i should hopefully see you at the weekend to look at it anyway. Thats cool, least you got something for it. Im hoping to get some Spax RSX's off of lil_g, but still gotta sort that out with him yet .
SeanXE

12th Jan 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just text you mate Ahh thought Gregg was rebuilding his XE
12valver

12th Jan 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Text back ... Dont think he can be he u2u'd me earlier about looking at sorting money for the RSX's so looks set for the crusher or someone else to rebuild.
SeanXE

12th Jan 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh thats a shame, ah well you get a nice set of coilys
12valver

12th Jan 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All being well yeah, also looking at an x16xe in hatfield, so should hopefully have alot of updates soon Just money thats holding me back atm
SeanXE

12th Jan 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oo sounds sweet and yeah that's what's making me struggle with progress atm, bloody saving for insurance after this week probably won't be many big updates till June. Unless I sell my bmx

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by SeanXE]
12valver

12th Jan 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah money, money, money ! If only life was free, then again noone would drive corsas then lol... Ah i take it thats how you know ben with the red nova loon?
SeanXE

12th Jan 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I suppose, and yeah known him for quite a few years now
barney1.6sport

13th Jan 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
Ah cool, well i should hopefully see you at the weekend to look at it anyway. Thats cool, least you got something for it. Im hoping to get some Spax RSX's off of lil_g, but still gotta sort that out with him yet .

yeah no worries, il give u a txt if i go 2 the garage.
n ah wikid, ur def goin 4 coilys then!?
i wanted 2 but ended up gettin 100mm rear springs
n ur a brave man buying an x16xe with no history of it... u wont no anything about it or if it runs =\ thats the only thing that puts me off doing a conversion 2 the new corsa im sure il still end up doin it tho
SeanXE

14th Jan 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this running now? Or you got a run around
12valver

14th Jan 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run-around, or should i say my gf's xmas present that i stole back. But she cant complain, it needs an mot next month and ive spent £150 on it so far to get it road worthy, with still more needing to be spent, before i book it in at work. So with having that to commute in i can spend some time on mine getting what i want done. So hopefully the engine conversion and suspension/brake rebuild will commence soon.
SeanXE

14th Jan 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Run-around, or should i say my gf's xmas present that i stole back. But she cant complain, it needs an mot next month and ive spent £150 on it so far to get it road worthy, with still more needing to be spent, before i book it in at work. So with having that to commute in i can spend some time on mine getting what i want done. So hopefully the engine conversion and suspension/brake rebuild will commence soon.

Sounds good When you say stole back, is it your old ginger 12v?
12valver

14th Jan 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah the ginger one got crushed, as it was well and truely battered, shame as the engine went really well, got thrashed within an inch of its life and kept coming back for more. Hers is an N reg blurple 1.2 ls, got it cheap. Thought itd be a good xmas present, seeing as she wants to start driving soon. But she got it xmas day, and i stole it back by the following wednesday cause of the belt going slack on mine. Only to find it needed a fair bit of work when i started driving it ... So ive been throwing my hard earned at that for a while... Then when she gets it back itll be a perfect first car and she wont have spent a penny
SeanXE

14th Jan 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nah the ginger one got crushed, as it was well and truely battered, shame as the engine went really well, got thrashed within an inch of its life and kept coming back for more. Hers is an N reg blurple 1.2 ls, got it cheap. Thought itd be a good xmas present, seeing as she wants to start driving soon. But she got it xmas day, and i stole it back by the following wednesday cause of the belt going slack on mine. Only to find it needed a fair bit of work when i started driving it ... So ive been throwing my hard earned at that for a while... Then when she gets it back itll be a perfect first car and she wont have spent a penny

Fair enough haha..
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washed it this morning, got the salt off and made it look a little less sad sitting awaiting its engine swap. Bloody salts got to it around the rear wiper arm and has attacked the stonechips... and the plastic is looking a little faded was hoping to give it a well deserved polish and treat the plastic to some Auto glym plastic treatment, but the air is damp and spits with rain every now and again. May have a go a little later on. But it should be in the garage next week with any luck, keep it away from the shitty weather we've been having.

Also this is the run-around, going back to an 8 valve 1.2 is torture !

SeanXE

15th Jan 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice Really need to clean mine That N reg looks really clean tbh
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah wheels let it down, think the stickers gotta go too ! But will all happen in time... Yeah its not too bad for how much it cost, usual early car rot issues, and few issues gotta be sorted for mot, but its ok as a run-around. Just gotta get it all sorted so i can concerntrate on mine! As i just cant cope with the dreadful amount of power it has.
SeanXE

15th Jan 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah wheels let it down, think the stickers gotta go too ! But will all happen in time... Yeah its not too bad for how much it cost, usual early car rot issues, and few issues gotta be sorted for mot, but its ok as a run-around. Just gotta get it all sorted so i can concerntrate on mine! As i just cant cope with the dreadful amount of power it has.

I kinda like the wheels tbh, could go really low with them too And atleast you've got something to run around in, now you can take your time on yours.
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, ok as a temporary i spose, but gsis will look better. Thats the idea wanna take my time but make sure its atleast road worthy for PVS and billing... Not like it all has to be finished anyhow, as itll be back off the road in November, before the salt gets spread again. Im hoping ill be able to go down the strip against ben this summer though, as i wanna see just how quick his car is against mine.
SeanXE

15th Jan 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate sounds good, and I think Bens selling his Nova now, hes insured his Lupo again and told me its to much for him. Also my dad wanted me to ask you if you asked your dad about the wheels? lol, hes trying to sell em before i get my wheels back so he can get them to take his and refurb them
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cause he blew the diff, it was whineing since he got it . Wants me to fit a new f15 i think, but news to me he's selling it... Would be stupid to flog it, its rapid. As for the wheels mate, dont think my old man can come up with the money quick enough for your dad cause got alot going on atm, but if he still has them when moneys ok, my dad will snap them up. Providing they're as you say they are and they havent gone... Shame cause if i werent tight for cash too i would have bought them for him, as its got nasty cdx facelift wheels on it atm! Sorry mate, dont wanna seem like im pissing you about atall! Managed to get it polished and get the autoglym bumper treatment on, looks far better now. Although cant really see it in the dark

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 24 database queries in 0.1961858 seconds