corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
barney1.6sport

User status: Offline
16th Jan 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow didnt think the exhaust was that old n its already tht rusty lol.
shame about the cambelt, wen was it last changed ?
if u dnt want the race tube then il buy it
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
You should get it under if not, drive onto a couple wooden blocks and do it that way . Yeah im sure ill be able to sort a cheap run-around next winter as the girlfriend will want hers before then i imagine. Just far better than getting your pride and joy plastered in salt and prevents you worrying about slideing in the ice or someone slideing into you Usual valve damage no doubt, but ill end up probably nicking most of the needed parts and weighing in the engine with a tigra im breaking anyway, so no big deal. Hopefully i can find a smashed up Sport or Tigra with a low mileage engine in that i can use for mine, have to see once money has settled down abit.

[Edited on 16-01-2011 by 12valver]

Yeah thats what i'll be hoping to do aswell, and yeah need my money to be sorted so I know where I am with everything. Should be able to find one if you keep looking Might even be able to find one with no tax and mot going cheap sold my old sport for £300 because of that

Yeah, me and my old man buy and sell corsas astras and tigras so no doubt i will. Think ill be looking for a later one with eps like a 1.2 16v or a 1.4 16v like mine but dont matter what it looks like. Just cant deal with the lack of power the 8 valve has or the lack of PAS lol. So we'll see, its just a winter hack at the end of the day to save our pride and joys

As for the exhaust Stephen, 3 months and its like that Bloody salt! I may well do ill let you know, could always swap for your standard wheels . Are they the CDX type or SXi type? Cause i know the .Coms had both. Get a thread up also, and show me your car lol
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats what i was thinking, aslong as its a corsa ill be happy, could do a couple of light mods like wheels and lowering so it still looks good, dont want my main shell rotting! and x2 on Barney getting a thread up!
barney1.6sport

16th Jan 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i didnt no it'd get tht bad in winter!! and yh im def up 4 tht. theyre the cdx 1s i fink :S lol we'l do a swap once i resprayed the speedlines if u want mate. and yh il get a few pics this week so il get 1 started
12valver

17th Jan 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool, cdx ones have loads of little spokes, sxi are 5 spoke, sometimes seen on sports. Ok mate no problem , let us know when you've sorted them and when i can have a look at the black shell
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope Generation dont mind me using his engine bay as a pic to show, the latest purchase or should i say the latest deposit ive made to Mark.W . Paying the rest next week... Hopefully will help make the jump in engine size more worthwhile! Heard that Lexmaul, improve torque lower down compared to powerboxs etc. So ive been looking for one for a while and this poped up, so i had to have it!

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by 12valver]
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, you'll feel an even bigger improvement in power when you get the c16/x16 , lucky. I'll still be in my 1.2
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im hoping for a big leap , as i plan to get the head ported/polished etc. Just depends on funds as might be something for later on, as times already going quick and if im going to the extent of having that done ill want a set of cams too... But i want it back on the road sooner rather than later . And i still dont have an engine
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah im hoping for a big leap , as i plan to get the head ported/polished etc. Just depends on funds as might be something for later on, as times already going quick and if im going to the extent of having that done ill want a set of cams too... But i want it back on the road sooner rather than later . And i still dont have an engine

All sounds really good, just make sure its ready for show season Btw what shows do you go too?

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by SeanXE]
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the aim, PVS is the deadline! Erm pretty much as many as i can afford, PVS and VBOA Billing are my main events to go to usually. But wanna try and get to TRAX this year as ive never been.
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats the aim, PVS is the deadline! Erm pretty much as many as i can afford, PVS and VBOA Billing are my main events to go to usually. But wanna try and get to TRAX this year as ive never been.

Good, and i see. I normally go to VBOA Coventry in march, then PVS and Billing Not sure on trax, I normally just like Vauxhall show/events
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah id like to go VBOA Coventry this year, see if i can get some bargains... But ill be stuck in the blue one, god that'll be a long drive. But then again i went to Malvern in my Nova 1.2, so should be ok. Yeah unsure, just thought TRAX possibly an excuse to take it out on the track, but Combe sounds more tempting ...
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah id like to go VBOA Coventry this year, see if i can get some bargains... But ill be stuck in the blue one, god that'll be a long drive. But then again i went to Malvern in my Nova 1.2, so should be ok. Yeah unsure, just thought TRAX possibly an excuse to take it out on the track, but Combe sounds more tempting ...

Lol wouldn't take that long, we went averaging 70 last year, took just under or over an hour iirc. Ahh i see then I can see why that would appeal to you but not so much for me in my 1.2
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, never gone track side before. And the purpose of the car is to be able to do that, but we shall see maybe next year. Yeah maybe give it a go. Went to Reading and back in it ok, just very boring lol... Just have to make sure i have the funds to make it worth going!
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, never gone track side before. And the purpose of the car is to be able to do that, but we shall see maybe next year. Yeah maybe give it a go. Went to Reading and back in it ok, just very boring lol... Just have to make sure i have the funds to make it worth going!

Yeah and the engine haha. All jokes aside though, I hope you find a gooden!
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hopefully shall be on the engine hunt in march once all the shizz to do with the run-around is sorted. Just hope i get a good one, as i really dont want to start it and find its smokes like a trooper! Going back to the lexmaul, im tempted to take the paint off the lettering, back to metal. Sort of like it would have been originally, other than the difference in colour. Dunno what other people reckon
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah hopefully shall be on the engine hunt in march once all the shizz to do with the run-around is sorted. Just hope i get a good one, as i really dont want to start it and find its smokes like a trooper! Going back to the lexmaul, im tempted to take the paint off the lettering, back to metal. Sort of like it would have been originally, other than the difference in colour. Dunno what other people reckon

Yeah, would be good if you could get one from a car thats running or an engine with history.. And with the Lexmaul I agree on the lettering part
12valver

19th Jan 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting a running tigra, normally go for pennies on ebay. Then just swap them over, but will have to see what happens
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thinking of getting a running tigra, normally go for pennies on ebay. Then just swap them over, but will have to see what happens

Didn't think of looking at Tigras. Well look forward to the updates mate.
barney1.6sport

21st Jan 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does that inlet manifold help u gain power ? it looks like exactly the same manifold tht was on the car but just smaller ???
i no it does improve it and theyre rather expensive but never understood how it gives u any gains :S
AlexW

21st Jan 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just Slightly more direct, Proven gains, Just not as much top end BHP than powerboxes. I'd rather have a powerbox and couple it with a 4-2-1.
12valver

21st Jan 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As AW06 says its more direct, ill see how it goes tbh. If i want more power from it i may try and track down a mantzel, or dbilas. But just thought id give it try
barney1.6sport

22nd Jan 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see, i see. any luck on find a x16xe yet ??
surely ur uncle would know where 2 look ?
12valver

22nd Jan 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not yet, but the time will come... Need the money first ! Yeah im sure between us we can find one, thinking of getting a running car, so i know its all good. Then can swap the whole lot over
12valver

22nd Jan 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Abit of news i got a quote for insurance and it dont go up much and decided to up it to fully comp too

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 23 database queries in 0.1922371 seconds