corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
SeanXE

User status: Offline
15th Jan 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fineee mate no bother Car looks nice and shiny, might give mine a polish tomorrow if weather holds out. Makes me want to go back to standard bumpers
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah, standard bumpers are a pain in the arse though. Only look good when the plastics black lol... and with our climate they last five minutes before they're grey again ... Hopefully the weather holds off i wanna get the inside vacuumed out and cleaned. Wanna have a go at stripping the bay out abit too, might pull the exhaust off and decide if im keeping the racetube or not. So hopefully we're lucky
SeanXE

15th Jan 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
Lol yeah, standard bumpers are a pain in the arse though. Only look good when the plastics black lol... and with our climate they last five minutes before they're grey again ... Hopefully the weather holds off i wanna get the inside vacuumed out and cleaned. Wanna have a go at stripping the bay out abit too, might pull the exhaust off and decide if im keeping the racetube or not. So hopefully we're lucky

But they look good with out needing skirts, my sideskirts are a pain in the arse, can't jack it up on the seals. And when i use the bottom of the car my dad moans because he thinks it will go through? Lol. And yeah really really need to clean mine! Honestly i think you should keep the tube, think it sounds just right.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

15th Jan 11 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm same mate,haven't cleaned inside of car for ages,it's doing me heading,might hive it a go tomorrow

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
12valver

15th Jan 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:

But they look good with out needing skirts, my sideskirts are a pain in the arse, can't jack it up on the seals. And when i use the bottom of the car my dad moans because he thinks it will go through? Lol. And yeah really really need to clean mine! Honestly i think you should keep the tube, think it sounds just right.

Yeah thats the lucky thing about no side skirts ... Best places to jack it without damaging anything ive found is, box sections on floor pan/chassis legs at front under front footwells. Box sections/chassis legs that lead onto the mountings for the rear axle, and front cross member and axle stands sit perfect on the eyes where the tie bars mount up, behind the front bumper. Just depends where you wanna lie under or work around it for what job you need to do tbh. I always use a thin block of wood to save scoring the underseal stuff off when jacking up too.

Yeah Dan i hope all three of us are lucky then ... Gotta get the mud off the carpet on mine, should really do a few more bits on the run-around too
SeanXE

15th Jan 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have a look around when im next working under the car for a good spot then, cheers mate And i basically have no front seal where the jacking covers meant to go.. its f*cked lol, its all squashed up, (how i got it) And yes, the weather best hold out!!

Should of seen what happened today haha, when fitting my rear springs the bit of wood snapped that was on top of the jack, and i had no springs on it, then it bottomed out and we couldn't get the jack out lucky we had another

Also I just realised you said your dads got an estate Vectra GSi, and remembered how bloody rare they are! You should defo get some pics up

[Edited on 15-01-2011 by SeanXE]
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they're the best places i know of when working underneath. Oh shit, yeah not good! Lucky you weren't under it. Take it, it didnt cause any damage, as for the sill i never take it up on the sill, only if im using a two poster at work, cause i can only get it on them lol... They're far too weak to put all the weight on i find, im lucky my orange one was the one that got tested out for that lol, just kept going round finding a good place to jack it up until i found some strong points needless to say got dented in a few places lol... Ah nah the vectras only a hatch mate, one of the last x25xe's before they put the 2.6's in. Its a common one tbh... Just thought we'd save it from getting scrapped, but its getting in my bloody way now
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, ill be sure to look around and try not to dent anything lol, and ohhh i thought you said before it was an estate, my bad But still if its a GSi there getting rare too. My dads was one of the late 2.5s too, but now its got a 3.0 in
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was tempted to have it myself, but insurance would still be about 2 grand so cba, plus they drink lol... Would be worth it for a 3 litre though was looking at the ex vectra challenge cars in TV and did make me think ! But tbh ill stick to the corsa for now, as i think ill end up moving onto something with a LET or an LEH next tbh... But yeah his is just a hatch, it seems to sit lower than standard though, and had some huge arse cone filter on it so someones had a mess around with it i think. But his daily runner is an omega 2.0 estate, damn is that thing slow lol
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was tempted to have it myself, but insurance would still be about 2 grand so cba, plus they drink lol... Would be worth it for a 3 litre though was looking at the ex vectra challenge cars in TV and did make me think ! But tbh ill stick to the corsa for now, as i think ill end up moving onto something with a LET or an LEH next tbh... But yeah his is just a hatch, it seems to sit lower than standard though, and had some huge arse cone filter on it so someones had a mess around with it i think. But his daily runner is an omega 2.0 estate, damn is that thing slow lol

Really? Only £2k? Mines been 1800 for the last two years How much is the sport if you dont mind my asking. And yeah I had a look at them. They look immense! And good shout on keeping the corsa
My dad put a cone filter on his, and it slowed it down hes now just sticking to the standard airbox. And atleast it will be OK on petrol being a 2.0 i guess
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah 2k, dont worry ive been in the same situ as you are, 1.0 mk4 polo £2300 for a years insurance, was crazy... But its only cause im becoming an old fart and my no claims is building up. Im paying £1100, if i was paying a year in one go i think it was £900. But you'll get there, think mine will shoot upto £16-1800 if i do the engine swap though, so it wont be that cheap for long God insurance is a rip off! Yeah we've got a standard airbox ready for when it goes back together, whenever that might be. Oh nah i think that omega uses more than mine does, and i hammer mine about abit lol, the omegas like a tank.
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lol yeah 2k, dont worry ive been in the same situ as you are, 1.0 mk4 polo £2300 for a years insurance, was crazy... But its only cause im becoming an old fart and my no claims is building up. Im paying £1100, if i was paying a year in one go i think it was £900. But you'll get there, think mine will shoot upto £16-1800 if i do the engine swap though, so it wont be that cheap for long God insurance is a rip off! Yeah we've got a standard airbox ready for when it goes back together, whenever that might be. Oh nah i think that omega uses more than mine does, and i hammer mine about abit lol, the omegas like a tank.

Ah i see I pay mine off in one go, because I probably would end up spending all my money if i did it monthly lol, hopefully mine isn't as much this June And 1.6 doesn't look much different to a 1.4 if you get what im saying
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hopefully yours comes down somewhat. Mine has and i had to accidents within 6 months of driving being a twat, which is all declared to my insurance. Plus LU4 crime rate is sky high, so cant see yours being that high for that long. I know its damned tempting to go down that route, but i did it to my mini and it was a constant worry, thinking i might get pulled over, but funnily enough i never even got pulled over in that. I have everything else though
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah me too, and I hope so mate. With the money I'm saving till June would be good to have some change Yeah LU altogether is high tbh, but was guessing yours was higher being in luton. Where abouts you from in luton then?
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 mins from the l&d i could walk to your house in 15 mins tbh. So im not far away! Im smack bang inbetween lewsey and marsh farm i spose. The poets estate, so i spose you'd say i live in lewsey lol! Yeah always been high, barneys 1600 was as cheap as mine to insure and he's a year younger, all cause he lives near the airport. Away from trouble hot spots lol! I love coming upto renewal time now though, as each time its up its cheaper
barney1.6sport

16th Jan 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post up a vid of the race tube
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
5 mins from the l&d i could walk to your house in 15 mins tbh. So im not far away! Im smack bang inbetween lewsey and marsh farm i spose. The poets estate, so i spose you'd say i live in lewsey lol! Yeah always been high, barneys 1600 was as cheap as mine to insure and he's a year younger, all cause he lives near the airport. Away from trouble hot spots lol! I love coming upto renewal time now though, as each time its up its cheaper

Lol ah not far at all then Yeah, I think my insurance stayed the same for two years because of the rise, hopefully it will go down enough this year with Churchill because I hate shopping around.
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
post up a vid of the race tube

Post a new project thread up
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah barney project thread ftw! Also what you doing with your standard wheels
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Lol ah not far at all then Yeah, I think my insurance stayed the same for two years because of the rise, hopefully it will go down enough this year with Churchill because I hate shopping around.

Yeah, only just down the road. Yeah i even noticed mine didnt take a huge tumble, hope it will next year . Im with Admiral, they seem pretty darn good, but i wont say too much until i declare the engine swap
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, only just down the road. Yeah i even noticed mine didnt take a huge tumble, hope it will next year . Im with Admiral, they seem pretty darn good, but i wont say too much until i declare the engine swap

I see Hope it goes well for ya
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy ! Well decided to get off my arse and do some more to the car. Was going to clean it out inside, but seeing as my tools were home with me from work i thought bugger it. Pulled some more bits off of the exhaust, man the salt attacks stuff. Plan to keep it off the road next winter because of this.

Still unsure whether to keep the racetube, or get something higher quality

Sean just for you lol, thats where i jack it up if im on the front end. Providing it wont get in the way.

Finally had a little poke around to see why the belt went slack, well it hadnt it snapped. Not good for 6 months old , can't understand why its let go. Water pump was set in the right place and tensioner and wheels seem fine, gotta get the outer crank pulley off and take the bottom cover off and have a proper look.

So this is how its stands at the moment Need to get it in the garage and get it stripped down properly.

SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the pics mate will have to see if I can get a jack to go under my front bumper haha, and about next winter I'm thinking about saving for a run around cheap Corsa for it keep mine in the garages round the corner so it's nice for summer shame to hear about your belt, did anything else get damaged?
12valver

16th Jan 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get it under if not, drive onto a couple wooden blocks and do it that way . Yeah im sure ill be able to sort a cheap run-around next winter as the girlfriend will want hers before then i imagine. Just far better than getting your pride and joy plastered in salt and prevents you worrying about slideing in the ice or someone slideing into you Usual valve damage no doubt, but ill end up probably nicking most of the needed parts and weighing in the engine with a tigra im breaking anyway, so no big deal. Hopefully i can find a smashed up Sport or Tigra with a low mileage engine in that i can use for mine, have to see once money has settled down abit.

[Edited on 16-01-2011 by 12valver]
SeanXE

16th Jan 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You should get it under if not, drive onto a couple wooden blocks and do it that way . Yeah im sure ill be able to sort a cheap run-around next winter as the girlfriend will want hers before then i imagine. Just far better than getting your pride and joy plastered in salt and prevents you worrying about slideing in the ice or someone slideing into you Usual valve damage no doubt, but ill end up probably nicking most of the needed parts and weighing in the engine with a tigra im breaking anyway, so no big deal. Hopefully i can find a smashed up Sport or Tigra with a low mileage engine in that i can use for mine, have to see once money has settled down abit.

[Edited on 16-01-2011 by 12valver]

Yeah thats what i'll be hoping to do aswell, and yeah need my money to be sorted so I know where I am with everything. Should be able to find one if you keep looking Might even be able to find one with no tax and mot going cheap sold my old sport for £300 because of that

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 24 database queries in 0.2075610 seconds