corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
12valver

User status: Offline
27th Jun 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well due to killing my Ginger 1.2 8 valve, and it literally being on its last legs, it was time for a change.

Initially i bought a black 1.6 16v, which ended up being a money pit. I believe im swapping it with a Vectra GSi that needs abit of work doing but thats a different story. So i ended up buying a 59k S reg 98 Corsa 1.4 16v, when i went to view it looked like it needed a good clean and some tidying up. But when i started it i was having a nose around and spotted a fairly large oil leak which looked to be coming from the crank oil seal on the belt end. So had abit of a barter and got £150 knocked off. So since then i've managed to get it back home and start doing a couple of bits.

So far i've managed to clean up a couple of marks. Debadge the bootlid, fit some Corsa C door pins, fit some chrome vectra interior door handles, fit a small front plate, fit a debadge grill, fit smoked side repeaters and lower it 60mm all round.

Ill get pics of it lowered when its up and running again as its in bits whilst i do the crank oil seal cause i stopped to watch england when i may aswell have carried on ...

Plans are;
Bilstein shocks and springs and take it upto 40mm rather than 60mm
Whiteline rear ARB
Drilled and grooved front disks and decent pads
Braided brake flexis all round
Paint calipers and drums black
Set of Corsa GSi wheels sprayed in anthracite with decent tyres
Pair of Depo headlights
Irmscher splitter
Steinmitz grille
Sportex 3'' rolled tip back box with a racetube
4-2-1 Exhaust manifold
VX performance inlet manifold
Clean engine bay and remove secondary air pump
Roose hoses
Ands more than likely lots more...

[Edited on 27-06-2010 by 12valver]

[Edited on 26-12-2010 by 12valver]

[Edited on 27-12-2010 by 12valver]

[Edited on 29-01-2011 by 12valver]
Mark B

27th Jun 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate
barney1.6sport

28th Jun 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheyyyyy u finally started a project thread at last lol. looking clean ! i noticed in ur 'plans' that ur gonna fit a 3" sportex rear back box
*Cough* buy mine *cough*
12valver

28th Jun 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments. Ive got a backbox mate, off the black 1600 i broke up for spares. And in reply to that u2u you can buy the black plastic trim if you want, cause i dont need the bump strips for now, and i did have a 1600 bottom end you could have had but i weighed it in with the one i broke for spares. Shame really cause it seemed to run a treat and didnt smoke...
barney1.6sport

28th Jun 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
Cheers for the comments. Ive got a backbox mate, off the black 1600 i broke up for spares. And in reply to that u2u you can buy the black plastic trim if you want, cause i dont need the bump strips for now, and i did have a 1600 bottom end you could have had but i weighed it in with the one i broke for spares. Shame really cause it seemed to run a treat and didnt smoke...

ah no worries.
damn it !! no worries mate, ask ur uncle if hes got any wen u get a chance.
12valver

28th Jun 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah he aint mate he's got the other black sport now too, swapped him for a vectra gsi... Update on the car im half way through doing the crank oil seal, changing cambelt and water pump at the same time. Found out the old belt was set two teeth out, no wonder it had a slight flat spot on acceleration .

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by 12valver]
12valver

3rd Jul 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All done, bar a couple of covers, airbox and some cleaning. Should be on the road mid week... Took it for a quick spin earlier, bit nippier now the timings right. Also had to fit a new oil pressure switch, as that was also leaking, so got a genuine GM one. So all is well, so on with a full service and some undersealing in preperation for the winter taking its toll... Shall get some pics up monday!
12valver

7th Jul 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well so much for monday, its now Wednesday. But the cars virtually ready to hit the road, forgot to mention the water pump was also positioned wrong and since its been changed i think its also helped break down the flat spot. The car just needs a real good clean now, but this is as it stands at the moment.

More pics soon, when its finally on the road and its had a good clean...
12valver

13th Jul 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few pics of it cleaned with x14xe sticker, fitted with new debadged grill and irmy silouette badge i got saturday at VBOA...

[Edited on 13-07-2010 by 12valver]
barney1.6sport

13th Jul 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the irmy badge sets it off nicely. how was vboa? really wanted 2 go but no monies btw i sorted that head bolt out on the rover, was just a bit of dirt in the thread, managed 2 blow it out. bit weird how it didnt even start 2 catch the thread though :S
12valver

17th Jul 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, i think i still want a steinmitz grill though. Yeah VBOA was alright, was still getting used to the car at that point so i used quite abit of fuel getting there and back lol. But the show itself i felt needed more trade stands, club stands didnt look too bad though. Definately think Sunday is the day to go cause it seemed like everything was going up for sunday but owell. Managed to get a titanium gearknob insert too, which looks abit different. Ah right glad to hear you got the bolt in i thought that was a tad weird, you got it running yet crappy K series lol...
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really tidy pal,good start

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
barney1.6sport

18th Jul 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the steinmitz grill lol, but its up 2 u mate! hmm we'l have to bare that in mind next year then. and yeah its all up and running sweet now. cheers 4 the help
12valver

3rd Aug 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Really tidy pal,good start

Cheers mate ...

Good to hear the cars running ok stevo. Yeah im swinging round to keeping the debadge and the irmy badge so its staying for now, glad to hear the rovers ok lol...

Little update bought a set of Depos off of SRI-LEE. So will get pics of them fitted when they arrive...

I've also got an exhaust blow from the backbox which is knackered. So shall be getting my Sportex backbox and a racetube fitted once ive got the money. Also the sump has a hairline crack that is misting oil and stinks of burning oil at speed so will need a new sump at some point, which is when ill be fitting a new 4-1 manifold and probably a new cat cause that looks past its best...

[Edited on 03-08-2010 by 12valver]
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok plans sound good

12valver

7th Aug 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Depos arrived, many thanks to SRI-LEE! Top bloke and condition just as described . So i got on and got them fitted, gave the recess a quick wipe down both sides. Surprisingly they were fairly clean anyhow. Shame about the rest of the car, please ignore the fly splattered bumper ...

Unfortunately the pic doesnt do it justice, but they look spot on ...
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Aug 10 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint pal,I love the Depo's,really finishes the front end off

What's next?

barney1.6sport

8th Aug 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow ! so much better !
12valver

9th Aug 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Looks mint pal,I love the Depo's,really finishes the front end off

What's next?

Cheers pal, well atm with the exhaust blow, the exhaust is on the horizon. But soon after a set of toyos and wheels refurbed in anthracite or rover smoke grey with pre facelift centre caps, or a set of cesaros in either of the above colours. Just depends on what comes up, and what takes my fancy... Want an irmy splitter but that might have to wait until i have some of the paintwork sorted.

Cheers stevo, im rather impressed with the depos but gotta get them off come the winter, cause ones been resealed and dirts behind the lense and other is leaking and getting condensation building up inside when it gets damp.
12valver

11th Aug 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change of plan, due to yesterdays weather being on the wet side and having to use the motorway with road spray. The depos have started turning into gold fish bowls so think they'll end up coming off in the next couple of weeks to irradicate the leaking problem...
SRI-LEE

11th Aug 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem mate look awesome on the car! tidy motor
12valver

11th Aug 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta mate! Yeah they look far better than the old valeos. Ill just have to try and seal them up, atleast before the winter sets in...
12valver

11th Aug 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pic of the car i was trying to get up earlier, its making me determined to get the depos repaired... Might have a crack at it this weekend, providing i dont get caught up doing other things!

SeanXE

16th Aug 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate, looks clean want yoour headlights
12valver

23rd Aug 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pal, well a little update. Recieved my Sportex race tube, got a Tigra scuttle panel on the way off of phil_fcuk, so will get that fitted asap... Also went and picked up a Post 97 Irmscher Splitter, in rattle can arden blue off of belton this morning , so will be getting that resprayed at some point soon hopefully! But also, last night managed to clout a diamond shape thing that the local tesco have started putting around the carpark to put trees in, as they're extending the place and have changed the layout of the carpark completely. May sound stupid, but there was absolutely no lighting around that part of the carpark atll and no cones placed round it so you couldnt see where it was, until you hit it. Luckily i was doing about 15mph, and it just left a battle scar on the sump, which needed replacing anyhow. But its also knackered up my cat and down pipe. So now im looking for a 4 branch manifold and a new cat pretty urgently ... But hopefully, sorting out a couple quotes and im going to write a complaints letter, as apparently a beemer hit it this morning too! Will get some pics up of everything pretty soon...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 24 database queries in 0.0996499 seconds