corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flippin hell pal

Hope you get everything sorted quick

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
12valver

23rd Aug 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah shit happens... But with any luck a good mates gunna help me out with getting a manifold, just gotta look at getting a cat, but im thinking decat until mot ... Gotta then sort a sump, gasket and all clamps, the fire ring, nuts and bolts and clips for fitting the exhaust up! But hopefully Tesco will give me a nice lump of cash to pay for it all lol...
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 05:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully dude,need to get this thread back on track lol

12valver

25th Aug 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah, would be nice to get back on track... Got a quote from Vauxhall this morning, they wanted to charge me £30 at first... But eventually got it figured, the resulting bill was a rather excessive £995.34 including £20 surcharge on the cat. Which im more than happy with , just a more realistic quote from where i work and then send in a complaints letter, to see what they come up with. Getting back to what ive bought for the car, just sent a payment to jibjob for a 4 branch manifold. Recieved the tigra scuttle, well annoyed bloody royal mail, broke the centre screw lug off, gunna have a go at glueing it together. Its covered up once its screwed together, so should be ok. Just abit disappointed
12valver

6th Sep 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another little update, well ive managed to get the manifold off of Jibjob. After the royal mail took the absolute piss... And also managed to get an Irmscher splitter and swap wheels with Belton, for some Corsa GSi wheels, so running around with some crummy black sport wheels on it at the moment.

Little mock up of the splitter on, obviously wrong colour at the moment...

The nasty wheels, will run on these throughout the winter

The GSi wheels, going anthracite when ive got the money and can afford a set of Toyos

The manifold, which should be on soon

Thanks Jibjob and Belton... Hopefully will get pics up when ive got a cat sorted and the exhaust is on. Hopefully the scuttle panel will be on in the next couple of weeks and the depos will be split and resealed too...

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by 12valver]
SeanXE

6th Sep 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint that splitter pal,get it sprayed

barney1.6sport

7th Sep 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooo nice update indeed/
those gsi wheels should smashing 8-)
should keep it nice and low aswel, what arte they 13's ?
have u managed 2 get a decat yet 4 ur nice shiney manifold ?
12valver

7th Sep 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks people, hope to get the splitter done at some point. But tempted to get the whole front end done, cause a dumb pratts keyed the bonnet before i owned it. And the bumpers stone chipped and theres a couple scuffs so we'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
ooooo nice update indeed/
those gsi wheels should smashing 8-)
should keep it nice and low aswel, what arte they 13's ?
have u managed 2 get a decat yet 4 ur nice shiney manifold ?

Cheers mate, nah they're 14's like the Sport wheels, cant go lower than 14's with Sports anyhow cause the brakes are too big. Found this out when i scrapped the black one. Nah not yet not too sure what im doing atm, money going here there and everywhere. But ill get it figured soon hopefully...
SRI-LEE

7th Sep 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate will be looking sweet when its all done! unlicky about tesco hopfully they will pay out!
12valver

7th Sep 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, yeah hopefully that would be a big bonus. Should get alot more done to it, if that happens....
12valver

26th Oct 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nuffin heard from tesco, arseholes ! Not even a letter to say they couldnt pay out! But on the plus side the exhaust and sump is off and looking to put it back together tommorow fingers crossed! So will hopefully have some sort of update then...
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you get it back together ok mate

12valver

7th Nov 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well never got a chance to update! The only pic ive got its dirty and the quality is naff...

It goes really well, but a decat aswell as a race tube, seems to be a little too noisey! But we'll see how it goes for now, might get a sportex centre with a box when i get a new cat sorted for the mot. The rear lights are growing on me, they dont look too good in the pic. But look far better up close. Had hassle trien to get the indicators to flash orange, but green bulbs did the trick. Only problem ive got now is a warning to change my front plate, so gunna sort out some pressed steel ones next week.
barney1.6sport

7th Nov 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i bet that stupidly loud with a decat aswell ? sound nice ? or raspy ?
12valver

7th Nov 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just abit, depends on the revs tbh, either way atm im thinking tone it down a little. As i have enough police attention as it is lol...
barney1.6sport

7th Nov 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha ! what back box u got on it ? i had a sportex 1 on my old corsa, thought that sounded quite nice.
i didnt think a decat made any difference to how loud it is ?? or does it :S
Piér

7th Nov 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cat is a huge restriction on noise and airflow so yeah it does get a fair bit louder and raspier iirc? lol!

And 12valver mate, its going to look the balls with that splitter on I would love one of those or just a airdam tbh!
And the sport wheels don't look that bad!
Car is nice and tidy mate
12valver

8th Nov 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah tis a sportex backbox stephen, and as Pier says makes a massive difference! If i accelerate hard down a road with buildings, the noise bounces back lmao... Everything vibrates inside and you can feel it coming through the floor pan lol!

quote:
Originally posted by Piér
The cat is a huge restriction on noise and airflow so yeah it does get a fair bit louder and raspier iirc? lol!

And 12valver mate, its going to look the balls with that splitter on I would love one of those or just a airdam tbh!
And the sport wheels don't look that bad!
Car is nice and tidy mate

Cheers mate, i hope the splitter finishes the front off when its on. Yeah spose theyre ok, but up close theyre marked beyond belief, the original wheels looked far better.
Piér

8th Nov 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates car sets car alarms off and that doesn't even have a de-cat!
I think the splitter will finish it off, are you going to smooth it in? I always feel they look better smoothed in as part of the bumper upto you and your funds though mate!
you think your wheels are bad, I took my alloys off and put white steelies on mine for winter and the paint is flaking from rust! Looks shit but It will make me appreciate it more once the alloys are back on next year
SeanXE

10th Dec 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good in the flesh mate, first time ive seen it looks really clean Sounds amazing too, what exhaust system you got? Only realised it was you when we were leaving woodside
12valver

10th Dec 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol cheers, looks better in the dark ! Spose it aint too bad though... Yeah sounds nice, but a tad too loud for me, its just a 4-2-1, decat, sportex race tube and backbox. Itll all be going soon if your interested lol... Yeah i hadnt realised until i see the skirts and wheels on yours, either mines bloody slow or yours is flippin rapid for a 1.2, ive driven loads of 1.2 16v's and they aint been a patch on mine, but yours is spot on!
SeanXE

10th Dec 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, the car will be going ? or just exhaust, i thought it sounded well nice lol, and quite a few people have said its fast for a 1.2 must be because its from a Corsa C Newer and lower mileage haha
12valver

10th Dec 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah thats why they've got more power than the original x12xe's had. Made me realise just how much i need a small block 1800 lol! Nah cars staying exhaust is going lol...
SeanXE

10th Dec 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, i want either a x18xe or redtop But that wont be till late next year And good to hear

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 24 database queries in 0.0961151 seconds