corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mazda 3 MPS Aero

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Mazda 3 MPS Aero
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 11 at 05:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drool
JamesMc

2nd Jun 11 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks great! always liked these

Just wondering do you live in Medway im sure iv seen your car going through Rainham a couple of times :/
Piér

2nd Jun 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks awesome man, no wonder you won a prize
How about doing the wheels anthracite instead of black?
Ben J

2nd Jun 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great.
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good as ever, let us know what you think of the tyres

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Graham88

3rd Jun 11 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads. Will do Gav!

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Some money been spent there Nice one, looks great. That gauge pod looks so much better than a pillar ones imo.

Id be tempted to refurb the wheels black though, couldnt handle cleaning them every 5 mins lol

Could say that! All been well spent so far though every mod has made the car better! Definetly, plus you can't have A pillar ones on these as it's an air bag so you'd get a boost gauge in your face if they came out

It's the only thing making me want to do them black, has been winding me up but where the wheels are only rattle canned at the moment it's harder than normal so I'm hoping once they're refurbed white they'll be ok and the dirt will fall off with the amount of wheel sealant I'd be putting on when they came back freshly painted!
quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
Car looks great! always liked these

Just wondering do you live in Medway im sure iv seen your car going through Rainham a couple of times :/

Ta mate! Yeah that would be me I only live down the road from Rainham but got loads of mates who live down there so am usually in the area
quote:
Originally posted by Piér
Car looks awesome man, no wonder you won a prize
How about doing the wheels anthracite instead of black?

Doesn't really match anything though, and still hides the wheels alot!

Got the downpipe fitted today...

Got these tonight too

[Edited on 03-06-2011 by Graham88]
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking Awesome on the MOs
3i_gaz

5th Jun 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them old school MO's look mega what stud pattern are they dude?
Graham88

5th Jun 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads. They are 114.3 mate, Jap fitment
N7 THD

10th Jun 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this car is so frickin cool!

is that just a new panel to remove the fornt number plate? how much better does that look!
Graham88

10th Jun 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta mate!

It's just the numberplate mount but the big bit of plastic has holes in it I have tried getting hold of one from Mazda without holes in it but they won't do it :-/
Phil W

10th Jun 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Ta mate!

It's just the numberplate mount but the big bit of plastic has holes in it I have tried getting hold of one from Mazda without holes in it but they won't do it :-/

Why don't you wrap it in Vinyl?
3i_gaz

10th Jun 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

such a mega choice in wheel, wish they were easy to find in 5x100 i'd give my left tessy for a nice set
Graham88

12th Jun 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vinyl won't look right. I'm going to try and message someone on an American forum to see if they'll go and get one from Mazda and ship it to me, gotta find someone I can trust though :s

Cheers Gaz I'm lucky with this as it's jap fitment so loads of choice!

[Edited on 12-06-2011 by Graham88]
mwg

12th Jun 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very cool. You just don't see them about and certainly not looking as nice as yours!
Dale

12th Jun 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been busy man then G
Graham88

13th Jun 11 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Matt!

Yeah been busy Dale, trying to get rid of those annoying niggly jobs that I never get around too before I go to Ring again next month. Put a new driveshaft in to replace the CV joint that was gone and had a nightmare with the circlip that holds the shaft in so it popped straight out....then the pinch bolt for the lowe balljoint stripped the thread off so gotta go get a replacement tomorrow. Times like this I wish I just paid people to do stuff for me but I prefer doing it myself! Shame you're so far away

Need to get my Powerflex bushes on now, the people I've asked have given the "that's gonna be expensive look"....then tracking re-done to the settings I had done on my fast road setup, wheels refurbed, track tyres put onto my white wheels, oil change and wire in my oil pressure/temp gauges at the same time, brake fluid flush and new 5.1 fluid. Then just general check over of the car.

I put Mintex 1144's in the other day to give them a try as they are half the price of the DS2500's but supposed to be compareable, but so far I'm unimpressed, but only driven the car once so far and I need new brake fluid to see if that improves them.
N7 THD

17th Jun 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an idea... that you would have to make worth my while....

I'll be in the US in a month, i can try to sort you one if you can get part numbers, pre order etc?!
Graham88

20th Jun 11 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be handy, but that's cool it's massive mate it'd be a serious handicap lol. I found someone that can ship it for £50 including the price of the part, then import tax which shouldn't be much if anything.

In other news, my nice new recon'd driveshaft blew itself to pieces tonight at 'speed'. Seriously big set back considering I'm going to Nurburgring in 2 weeks
N7 THD

21st Jun 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear bad news about the driveshaft!

ok mate, thats a good price, im out there for work so wont have too much spare time.... thanks!
Graham88

7th Jul 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not alot of progress really, feel like I've spent loads but not much to show for it

I've got my gauges wired in properly now, feel much better knowing I can monitor what my oil is doing now! Did a full service on the car aswell using Millers:

Also put ITV22's in, no noticeable difference from them so far but haven't really driven the car properly for a very long time. I tried Mintex 1144 pads but they really didn't inspire me so I went back to a fresh set of DS2500's with new 5.1 fluid as it's been a year since I last put it in, the fluid still looked like brand new but it's recommended to do anyway and it's not expensive.

Got my wheels refurbed by Lepsons in Medway, very pleased with how they've come out, also fitted with my AD08's in preperation for going Nurburgring again tomorrow

Building up my stock of Paradas pretty well

Got the fuel pump internals still on it's way and I had to cancel the map due to unforseen circumstances, which I wasn't too fussed about as I was very nervous of something going wrong so close to my holiday. That will be getting done once I get back and get the internals fitted.

Roll on tomorrow, I've got to go and pack now
3i_gaz

14th Jul 11 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.tourifotos.de/displayimage.php?album=23&pid=16728#top_display_media
Graham88

18th Jul 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
http://www.tourifotos.de/displayimage.php?album=23&pid=16728#top_display_media

Dead link?

Well, I had an amazing week, was such a laugh going out with so many friends this time, can't wait to go back.

Car performed pretty well, had 2 issues, blew a boost hose off due to it getting so hot as it's the one that comes off the turbo. Will need to look into a permanent fix to ensure it can't happen again but it's just a case of tightening it back up but just annoying. Also blew my 2'nd recon'd driveshaft, so not very happy with that service. Will be taking the obliterated driveshaft down there and see what they say. It shouldn't matter how the car is being used as my genuine one is still taking the abuse despite having a knocking CV joint for months. I'm going to try and get my money back and just bite the bullet and get a new genuine one, stupid Mazda design not being able to buy CV joints seperately.

Here's a few pictures from the holiday...

John G

18th Jul 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How come you went for white again? id love to see these in black against the red

Absolutely love the car, youv most certainly improved a "very good as standard" car
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you find the AD08s?

I'm likely ordering a set for my Corsa at the end of the week...

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mazda 3 MPS Aero 24 database queries in 0.1045718 seconds