corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Desire

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Desire
Doug

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am off to USA at the start of May so might have to wait till I get back for O2 to get it in stock.
Dom

23rd Apr 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by John
Vodafone are doing £150 cashback for all new contracts via quidco.

That would cover the remainder of my o2 contract, I can see me ending up with one of these at the weekend.

Any voda peeps know how long that offer will last for?

Is there any confirmation on the 500mb internet, that's a bit crap on a phone like that, would use it up no bother.

my understanding of the unlimited webs after speaking to several people at the weekend;
o2 (when they get it) 500mb - FUP
Orange - 500mb on Dolphin, 750mb on Panther FUP
Voda - 500mb FUP
Tmob - Through resellar 1gb (also on this Tmob throttle before the 1gb is hit), through tmob direct 3gb FUP.

Both people in orange and voda suggested there would be no charge if going past the 500mb but said after a few occasions they would look at the usage and charge if required.

I went to tmob direct, quite competitive but the 3gb is what i wanted as i would rather now where i stand than hammering the FUP everymonth

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Toby]

Anymore info on O2 limiting it to 500mb?
Currently, their T&Cs state that all Web Data Bolt-ons and iPhone contracts offer unlimited data with a fair usage policy. I've heard that they recommend that you keep it to around 500mb but it's never be forced (only heard a few reports of O2 sending snotty letters where people were using 2/3GB+ a month). Is a bit shit if they do make it a hard cap.

Btw, has anyone managed to sort out Skype (i know it's against most networks T&Cs) on the Desire? Look for apps to do free skype to skype calls, i know skype have an app but i don't think it currently supports the Desire. Nimbuzz is another app but i can work out (their website is a bit cack) if the Skype part of it allows for free skype to skype calls?
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by John
Vodafone are doing £150 cashback for all new contracts via quidco.

That would cover the remainder of my o2 contract, I can see me ending up with one of these at the weekend.

Any voda peeps know how long that offer will last for?

Is there any confirmation on the 500mb internet, that's a bit crap on a phone like that, would use it up no bother.

my understanding of the unlimited webs after speaking to several people at the weekend;
o2 (when they get it) 500mb - FUP
Orange - 500mb on Dolphin, 750mb on Panther FUP
Voda - 500mb FUP
Tmob - Through resellar 1gb (also on this Tmob throttle before the 1gb is hit), through tmob direct 3gb FUP.

Both people in orange and voda suggested there would be no charge if going past the 500mb but said after a few occasions they would look at the usage and charge if required.

I went to tmob direct, quite competitive but the 3gb is what i wanted as i would rather now where i stand than hammering the FUP everymonth

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Toby]

Anymore info on O2 limiting it to 500mb?
Currently, their T&Cs state that all Web Data Bolt-ons and iPhone contracts offer unlimited data with a fair usage policy. I've heard that they recommend that you keep it to around 500mb but it's never be forced (only heard a few reports of O2 sending snotty letters where people were using 2/3GB+ a month). Is a bit shit if they do make it a hard cap.

Btw, has anyone managed to sort out Skype (i know it's against most networks T&Cs) on the Desire? Look for apps to do free skype to skype calls, i know skype have an app but i don't think it currently supports the Desire. Nimbuzz is another app but i can work out (their website is a bit cack) if the Skype part of it allows for free skype to skype calls?

The guy in o2 last saturday backed up what i had read on the net. He hot a but shirty at first when i asked what the FUP was but when i talked to him a bit more he said nothing in the T&C's dictated what it was but he said as rule of thumb they work from 5oomb, he also gave me the impression they dont state it is so they can change as they please. To be honest, as i said already the consensus seems to be most operators send out a couple of letters etc after several times of exceeding the FUP before they start adding charges
oceansoul

24th Apr 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine today. Using it now. Impressed so far
Doug

24th Apr 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go onto the market place and get an app called 'Taskiller' and set it up so it keeps killing the apps you do not need running. Will speed up your phone and save battery life!
Edd

24th Apr 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore that task killer isnt needed, the desire deals with all apps itself and task killer fucks this up
Eck
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Edd said.
Doug

25th Apr 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
What Edd said.

Really?

I have seen first hand Taskiller work wonders on a handset. Any info about this?
jrsteeve

25th Apr 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
What Edd said.

Really?

I have seen first hand Taskiller work wonders on a handset. Any info about this?

Aye me too. Especially on start up there are loads that i never use but they're always running.
Doug

26th Apr 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any links yet guys?
_Allan_

27th Apr 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mobiles.co.uk is offering it on O2 and as an O2 upgrade. Tariffs are steep and you will have to add data. However looking at O2's prices and pushed back release date you might want to get now.

http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/04/o2-stocking-htc-desire-from-mid-may-on-tariffs-from-25/

Conway563

27th Apr 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Based on those contracts I think I may be switching to vodafone for the £150 cash back
morpheus22

28th Apr 10 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been on the blower to voda asking over my desire looking at next week now and when the stock does come in there is 1400 people that will get priority just hope im one of those 1400 lol
Carl

28th Apr 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what to do,i'm sat waiting on o2 has i'm on a rolling contract but i've got a feeling that i'll wait about and then get offered a shit deal when it is available! Might go on that t mobile 25 quid but the amount of texts and minutes could screw me over if not careful.
Half Pint

28th Apr 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i am holding off the purchase... tomorrow i take delivery of a HTC Touch Pro 2 from one of my supplier to play with free of charge...

Toby
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine will be here tomorrow, wnt be able to pick it up though until friday
morpheus22

1st May 10 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got mine yesterday, few questions for the htc boffins if there is any. when i go into settings applications, running services theres calandar connectivityservice then a timer of how long its been running and another that says touch input. do these apps eat away at my 500mg of net usage or are they just running free?. when i press stop it just re starts the counter. smart fone noob here lol the user guides about as much use a an ash tray on a motorbike tbh
Eck
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Download Smart Monitor Lite Jim. That tells you how much internet useage you've had for the month.
Toby
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my came and its goine, gone back to tmob, gutted for the time i used the phone at work it was cracking. i got it home, switched it on and my street is completey blacked out no singal what so ever, the rest of the village is ok, am stumped (and yes i did check the street coverage before hand and im even meant to get 3g so they are not sure either). Anyway re ordered this afternoon with o2 (through a resellar - they claim FUP is 500mb, i spoke to o2 they said its a smartphone plan so deffo no cap) get less minutes and less web if i listen to the resellar but at least the phone will be unbranded, was looking forward to my 3gb allowance with tmob ahwell

[Edited on 01-05-2010 by Toby]
morpheus22

1st May 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers alex
Matt H

2nd May 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone set their own pic as a wallpaper?

It's a tall screen but it makes you crop it down to a landscape view

WTF
Edd

2nd May 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wee green box is adjustable to make the pic fit the whole screen
Matt H

2nd May 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but it's still in landscape mode
dannymccann

3rd May 10 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else having the weird problem with the USB connection, where if you dont use the original USB you used to begin with on the computer it doesnt recognise it
_Allan_

10th May 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got mine delivered to work.
It has to be the smallest phone box I've ever had

Not opened it yet, might send it back after hearing about Voda and the FUP policy charges.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll