corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Iphone Vs HD2 - anyone tried both?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Iphone Vs HD2 - anyone tried both?
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
25th Mar 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am about to change my phone and i'm pretty sure i'm sold on the iphone but don't want to be stuck with it if there'd be something better for me.

It'd be used for work - email, web browsing etc and occasionally for editing word and publisher documents if possible. So which is better for actually being used rather than just looked at?

Currently using a Nokia E71 so both will be new to me but which should i go for?
Bissmire

25th Mar 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from an iPhone 8gb 3g to a HTC HD2.

Lets just say that the HD2 was sent back two weeks later, and a new iPhone 3GS was bought.

The HTC was sluggish, kept freezing during normal tasks (email, internet etc.) texts took upto 8 hours to deliver, touch screen was very hit or miss, often didnt register me scrolling/selecting anything.

You get the picture, and to top it off, when i sent it back, i was informed there is a software issue, so extended warranty on all HD2's...
jrsteeve

25th Mar 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

Lets just say that the HD2 was sent back two weeks later, and a new iPhone 3GS was bought.

The HTC was sluggish, kept freezing during normal tasks (email, internet etc.) texts took upto 8 hours to deliver, touch screen was very hit or miss, often didnt register me scrolling/selecting anything.

You get the picture, and to top it off, when i sent it back, i was informed there is a software issue, so extended warranty on all HD2's...

lol that'll do
GF-91
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a 3gs
Tiesto

25th Mar 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd wait till the new range of HTC's come out which is middle of April. The Desire looks good
John

25th Mar 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that's the only 2 choices then iphone.
jrsteeve

25th Mar 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If that's the only 2 choices then iphone.

Open to suggestions. The whole apps thing appeals with the iphone but more business stuff really - banking, accounting etc. Would wait to see if there's a new iphone but know it'll be dam expensive so'll just get it on upgrade next year.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plenty of other phones with Apps stores, most apps from any of the phones, including iphones are pretty much useless though
John

25th Mar 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone have the new HTC's, I'd be having either them or an N900.
adiohead

25th Mar 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait 2-3 months and get the new iphone
jrsteeve

25th Mar 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Vodafone have the new HTC's, I'd be having either them or an N900.

Just had a look and the Desire and Legend look ok actually. Do prefer the short cut keys on the phone at the bottom, the iphone doesn't have any. Asked the people in o2 and they just love the iphone saying its just easier and smoother to use. Hmmmm
Richie

25th Mar 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they are like that because HTC don't subsidise the handsets as much as Apple do (inline with Apples strategy)

Apple recover alot of costs via app's store - their strategy was leaked somewhere and all the phone operators kept pushing for it.

I'm having a nightmare with Orange at the moment - they won't even let me have a HTC Touch Pro 2 however they will let me have an Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB!
Bissmire

25th Mar 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Yeah they are like that because HTC don't subsidise the handsets as much as Apple do (inline with Apples strategy)

Apple recover alot of costs via app's store - their strategy was leaked somewhere and all the phone operators kept pushing for it.

I'm having a nightmare with Orange at the moment - they won't even let me have a HTC Touch Pro 2 however they will let me have an Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB!

I genuinely agree with the iPhone being the easiest/smoothest to use. Every other handset i have tried just doesn't compare.
Richie

25th Mar 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not with standard bloated software - no.

Have you tried using the desire / legend? Those snapdragon CPU's are nippy fuckers
John

25th Mar 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve

Asked the people in o2 and they just love the iphone saying its just easier and smoother to use. Hmmmm

That's only because o2 don't seem to get any high end phones other than iphones, they'll all say whatever they carry is the best.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally im waiting for the htc obsession
Jambo

25th Mar 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have used a desire. Lacks finesse.

Htc have just basicly stayed the same since the shift from windows to Android. Its technicly better, completely open but put together in an unexciting package witha silly name.

geeks phone.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the obsession is going to be windows mobile 7

which has been totally changed from 6

all signs are looking good
James_DT

25th Mar 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

lol that'll do

My girlfriend has the HD2, and has had none of those problems. It works a treat.
I'll be getting one when my contract is up for renewal.
bigboykarl

26th Mar 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ordered a desire from t mobile ....could have a 3gs 16gb with 1200 min unlim texts for 45 a month...or desire with 1200 mns unlim texts for 17.50 a month
jrsteeve

26th Mar 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
just ordered a desire from t mobile ....could have a 3gs 16gb with 1200 min unlim texts for 45 a month...or desire with 1200 mns unlim texts for 17.50 a month

Let me know what its like will ya?
jrsteeve

26th Mar 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Desire's looking good actually, o2 aren't sure when they're getting it yet though

New Poll