corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Desire

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Desire
Dom

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i right in thinking it's only T-Mobile (+Virgin) and Voda that have the Desire at the moment? Get f'all T-mobile coverage round here, likewise with Voda and the O2 site just says "coming april"

Edit - Have also read that there is something up with the T-Mobile version of the phone, can't remember off the top of my head but it was being mentioned over on xda-developers.com

Edit 2 - There's also some great mods on xda-developers.com for the Desire, like Voice to Text etc

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by Dom]
John

21st Apr 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange have it.
Dom

21st Apr 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Orange have it.

Will have a look, anyone know what their data usage is? I'm guessing it's something piss poor like 500mb?

And does anyone know the situ with using Google Docs on Android?
Toby
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tmob give 3gb fair usage dom
Dom

21st Apr 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
tmob give 3gb fair usage dom

Yeah, i would get one on T-mobile but i can't get a signal for love or money in my village and as said, Voda is a bit iffy. Orange's data usage is set to 750mb, not sure what the Desire is like with data but i could easily do 600mb+ with an iPhone and that wasn't really hammering it.
morpheus22

22nd Apr 10 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the contract i have atm on my lg is the same but only 600mins, as for mobile broadband it says unlimted and 500mb, i have never been charged extra for mobile net, im certain 500mb is your download allowance in that month

[Edited on 22-04-2010 by morpheus22]
John

22nd Apr 10 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean download allowance?

Using the internet is downloading.
oceansoul

22nd Apr 10 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Am i right in thinking it's only T-Mobile (+Virgin) and Voda that have the Desire at the moment? Get f'all T-mobile coverage round here, likewise with Voda and the O2 site just says "coming april"

Edit - Have also read that there is something up with the T-Mobile version of the phone, can't remember off the top of my head but it was being mentioned over on xda-developers.com

Edit 2 - There's also some great mods on xda-developers.com for the Desire, like Voice to Text etc

Three have it.
Ive been waiting for my local store to have it in stock for about 2 weeks. They keep "not getting delivered"
morpheus22

22nd Apr 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i ment downloading songs,wall papers,apps etc??. im not up on this mobile net stuff lol. but i was told last year it was unlimited mobile net. then i heard under fair usage. but like i said i have never been charged any extra on my monthly bill. probably differs if people leave there net on. i just went with what i went with before as i never went over the £35
Carl

22nd Apr 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got news on o2 realise date?
jrsteeve

22nd Apr 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Any idea what the voice to text mod is called? Their search thing isn't very good and have trawled through but nothing
_Allan_

22nd Apr 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
Any idea what the voice to text mod is called? Their search thing isn't very good and have trawled through but nothing

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-full-voice-to-text-to-htc-desire/
John

22nd Apr 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
quote:

i ment downloading songs,wall papers,apps etc??. im not up on this mobile net stuff lol. but i was told last year it was unlimited mobile net. then i heard under fair usage. but like i said i have never been charged any extra on my monthly bill. probably differs if people leave there net on. i just went with what i went with before as i never went over the £35

It's all just network traffic to them though, I'm not sure what it is.
Dom

22nd Apr 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Links -
>Desire Section<
>Voice to Text<
>Desire Flaws/Annoyances<

Also note, anyone looking to get it on Orange, the Desire doesn't include Google Talk as it's apparently against Orange's T&C's
John

22nd Apr 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry about things like that, the developer community is really good, always new roms out.
jrsteeve

22nd Apr 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-full-voice-to-text-to-htc-desire/

Awesome it works
Dom

22nd Apr 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wouldn't worry about things like that, the developer community is really good, always new roms out.

Yeah been reading around and it seems that Orange have screwed around with the firmware a fair bit (addings apps that you can't remove or kill) and a lot of people are flashing to the generic rom. T-Mobile's firmware seems to be pretty standard apart from them adding T-Mobile logos.
jrsteeve

22nd Apr 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Yeah been reading around and it seems that Orange have screwed around with the firmware a fair bit (addings apps that you can't remove or kill) and a lot of people are flashing to the generic rom. T-Mobile's firmware seems to be pretty standard apart from them adding T-Mobile logos.

Got mine from carphone warehouse on T-mobile, but the phone was an unlocked version so no crappy logos etc!
morpheus22

22nd Apr 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still waiting for mine to be disptched
Edd

22nd Apr 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye orange are a bit annoying with their shit apps i dont want, doesnt bother me greatly though
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
still waiting for mine to be disptched

Me too, wont be until next week though i feel
John

23rd Apr 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone are doing £150 cashback for all new contracts via quidco.

That would cover the remainder of my o2 contract, I can see me ending up with one of these at the weekend.

Any voda peeps know how long that offer will last for?

Is there any confirmation on the 500mb internet, that's a bit crap on a phone like that, would use it up no bother.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Vodafone are doing £150 cashback for all new contracts via quidco.

That would cover the remainder of my o2 contract, I can see me ending up with one of these at the weekend.

Any voda peeps know how long that offer will last for?

Is there any confirmation on the 500mb internet, that's a bit crap on a phone like that, would use it up no bother.

my understanding of the unlimited webs after speaking to several people at the weekend;
o2 (when they get it) 500mb - FUP
Orange - 500mb on Dolphin, 750mb on Panther FUP
Voda - 500mb FUP
Tmob - Through resellar 1gb (also on this Tmob throttle before the 1gb is hit), through tmob direct 3gb FUP.

Both people in orange and voda suggested there would be no charge if going past the 500mb but said after a few occasions they would look at the usage and charge if required.

I went to tmob direct, quite competitive but the 3gb is what i wanted as i would rather now where i stand than hammering the FUP everymonth

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Toby]
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just download the SmartMonitor. It tells you how much you have used in that month! It keeps WiFi and 3G seperate too.
Edd

23rd Apr 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3g watchdog is better

i have true unlimited on orange, still nice to know how much you are using though

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll