corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author i phone
Blade_sri
Member

Registered: 23rd Apr 03
Location: Pop
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the pro's and con's of these? im thinking of getting one. i had the se satio for a while but it kept on crashing!

whats the best deal out there or are there all the same?
Bart
Member

Registered: 19th Aug 02
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bristol Avon
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres likely to be a new one out in June/July, so you may want to wait?

Pros, the best phone out there
Cons, heavy usage will impact on battery life.

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 27th Mar 04
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Theres likely to be a new one out in June/July, so you may want to wait?

Pros, the best phone out there
Cons, heavy usage will impact on battery life.

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc


holy shit! im getting me an i phone!











J da Silva
Member

Registered: 10th Apr 03
Location: The FACTory
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm reading this on mine, how cool am I?
Nath
Member

Registered: 3rd Apr 02
Location: MK
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pro's - too much to list

Con's - Relatively poor battery life and heavy/big phone.

Get one.
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I'm reading this on mine, how cool am I?


My Cool-O-Meter is currently putting you at 3 out of 10 (and 2 of those points are because of your sisters).
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and

Pro - Great phone, loads of apps

Cons - Its not a Blackberry Storm
J da Silva
Member

Registered: 10th Apr 03
Location: The FACTory
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I'm reading this on mine, how cool am I?


My Cool-O-Meter is currently putting you at 3 out of 10 (and 2 of those points are because of your sisters).




Is the low score because of your dislike of the phone?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 27th Mar 04
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pro's - very smooth running with lots of aps

cons - its over marketed and loads of tossers bum them.

woah look at my i phone it can now copy and paste!

welcome to 1995
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
pro's - very smooth running with lots of aps

cons - its over marketed and loads of tossers bum them.

woah look at my i phone it can now copy and paste!

welcome to 1995


You didnt have a phone that could copy and paste in 1995.
John
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 03
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc


How many of them did you have to jailbreak it to do.

lmao at being able to use mp3's as tone, use bluetooth the way it was intended and using themes being good point of the phone

I had a nokia that could do that in 1978.
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Bart

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc


How many of them did you have to jailbreak it to do.

lmao at being able to use mp3's as tone, use bluetooth the way it was intended and using themes being good point of the phone

I had a nokia that could do that in 1978.


You didnt have a Nokia that could do that in 1978.
AlunJ
Member

Registered: 3rd Apr 07
Location: Newport
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
pro's - very smooth running with lots of aps

cons - its over marketed and loads of tossers bum them.

woah look at my i phone it can now copy and paste!

welcome to 1995


You didnt have a phone that could copy and paste in 1995.


I have a phone that dates back to 96 and that's a flaming brick lol let alone copy and paste
and the bluetooth specification didn't come out until 1994, I don't think it made it into phones until 2000ish?

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by AlunJ]
John
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 03
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Bart

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc


How many of them did you have to jailbreak it to do.

lmao at being able to use mp3's as tone, use bluetooth the way it was intended and using themes being good point of the phone

I had a nokia that could do that in 1978.


You didnt have a Nokia that could do that in 1978.


True story, only because I wasn't born though.
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always an excuse.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 27th Mar 04
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my phone can have mp3's as ringtones
use bluetooth
change themes
has loads of apps
very fast on the internet
trim mp3's
microsoft office
better camera than the i phone
bigger screen
higher amount of pixels

and it did all of that straight out of the box the day it was released
Cosmo
Member

Registered: 29th Mar 01
Location: Im the real one!
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
my phone can have mp3's as ringtones
use bluetooth
change themes
has loads of apps
very fast on the internet
trim mp3's
microsoft office
better camera than the i phone
bigger screen
higher amount of pixels

and it did all of that straight out of the box the day it was released


in 1995?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 27th Mar 04
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no 2008/2009
Bart
Member

Registered: 19th Aug 02
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bristol Avon
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Bart

I can do anything I like with mine, use mp3s as ringtones, bluetooth images/songs etc to any phone, use any themes etc etc


How many of them did you have to jailbreak it to do.

lmao at being able to use mp3's as tone, use bluetooth the way it was intended and using themes being good point of the phone

I had a nokia that could do that in 1978.


And so could I, but its not an Iphone, so unless youd still rather have the nokia then iphone shut up
John
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 03
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would still rather have the nokia, one of the ones from 1978, seriously.
XSIHardy
Member

Registered: 5th Feb 08
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

htc legend / desire for me next

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by XSIHardy]
LeeM
Member

Registered: 26th Sep 05
Location: Liverpool
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my storm did the odd thing better, like email and instant messaging. but as an all round package and the apps available the iphone wipes the floor with any blackberry or any other phone ive tried.
iphone is a sleek well built peice of kit which works flawlessly and quickly whenever i need it to. in my experience blackberrys nokias and winmo devices are slow and buggy, and have app stores which can only dream of comin close to that of the iphone, let alone a jailbroken iphone

 
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
FOR SALE!!! Nokia 7210 Noonster Classifieds 17 1655
21st Oct 03 at 21:08
by Noonster19
 
phone question kenny2many Geek Day 5 1211
21st Feb 04 at 00:12
by ed
 
What shall i do when the girlfriend has lost a phone. Dean_H Geek Day 10 1934
29th Feb 04 at 00:50
by Munchie
 
Sony Ericsson k800i dazavich Parts Offered 0 912
12th Sep 07 at 13:06
by dazavich
 
Cheap as chips phone... Pop Geek Day 22 4412
14th Jan 10 at 18:03
by Munchie
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone 28 database queries in 0.0133591 seconds