corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VAG TDi owners, limp mode help..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VAG TDi owners, limp mode help..
antnee

User status: Offline
24th Dec 09 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaproject2010
what is limp mode?

Its like a safe mode, the eml will come on and the ecu limits the engine power to around 25bhp and 40lb/ft.

Rob, if I was you find someone local with the proper verson with vag com, run a fault code check and then run some boost logs. It should peak around 1.2/3bar and settle at around 0.9bar

Edit, the tdi expert I said about earlier said he had I similar problem with one of his pd130 turbos, at 3k it would loose power, although if he pushed it over 3k (ie full throttle) it was fine, that was turbo vains gone.

With vagcom you can do a turbo vane cycle which goes through fully opening them and closing them

[Edited on 24-12-2009 by antnee]
Fro

User status: Offline
24th Dec 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee

John- software is free, but is activated with a genuine cable. Hence why I said you need a proper cable for VAG Com to work fully. Some of the ebay cables will let you read and clear codes but you cant run logs and do other stuff

You can use ebay cables to run logs and adaptations etc You just need to pay ross tech to activate the software

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll