corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably unless we can use that space in some way. Not sure there's enough room to spin the seats but we'll check it out.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. Same with the sleeper pod on top.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, some of them curtains you find on coaches with beds would work a treat for that pod.
DaveyLC

23rd Nov 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be interesting to make the front 1/5 of the box a seperate compartment all together with a door seperating the two? Be a good place to hide crap when its "open to the public"..
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 09 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front half is public area. The kitchen and toilet are behind that which is semi-public. Behind that is the shower and beds and then the back of the box.

The crap will be in cupboards. Anyone who has seen me in a mood at shows will know I like it tidy!
DaveyLC

23rd Nov 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just thinking the rear end of the box might be the most asthetic end

You got any floor plans for the finished article? This project is really interesting
DaveyLC

23rd Nov 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This site might interest you.. Some really impressive custom hospitality vehicles: http://www.torton.com/products.php?sec=Products&type=motorised
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 09 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Resize makes it look a bit dodgy but this is the latest -

Need some seats up front for travel which need belts, plus some stools or something around the kitchen corner thing.

That floor area will also project out, empty wall closest to the pic is getting the double slide patio doors and if we can engineer it I'm thinking about a little stage thing to go underneath the fold up bit.

Either that or an awning although that's probably a future purchase. It's a cost-effective way of increasing the undercover space though -

Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 09 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
This site might interest you.. Some really impressive custom hospitality vehicles:
Yeah, seen it. Been spending far too much time here as well - http://www.vipex.co.uk/
Adam-D

23rd Nov 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanna cut the cab.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 09 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come up this weekend if you're about. I'll text you the address nearer the time.
DaveyLC

24th Nov 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Resize makes it look a bit dodgy but this is the latest -

Nice probably wise to keep the weight over the driving wheels too

You could probably 'recycle' a secondhand commercial gazebo/hospitality tent to make the awning.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Nov 09 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah although the frame is just alu extrusions and the sheet is similar to wagon curtainside or perhaps a little lighter. Sure we could knock something up.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did well to reply the ame thing 5 times Ian, guessing you're on your phone?
Leighton

24th Nov 09 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian in Spam shocker
jibjob

24th Nov 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Will the height of the double doors not be a problem with the awning though? The awning would have to come out quite far to clear the doors opening underneath it or would the doors be to the side of it?
Paul

24th Nov 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Looking good Will the height of the double doors not be a problem with the awning though? The awning would have to come out quite far to clear the doors opening underneath it or would the doors be to the side of it?

I am guessing it won't be a problem:

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
....Ideally I would like sliding patio-style doors on there but cost and weight is also an issue. Need to find something suitable and buy it before we start cutting......

jibjob

24th Nov 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad must have missed that bit
Leighton

24th Nov 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will be sliding doors so no problems there
jibjob

24th Nov 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was meant to say about the height at which the canopy would be, would it not cover the doors? As with the previous canopy pic it only comes half way up the side making having a door there impossible but if you put the canopy any higher then surely it would be at too steep a gradient and would look daft?

[Edited on 24-11-2009 by jibjob]
Leighton

24th Nov 09 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Canopy is going to be a self build as well so we can build it to spec
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Nov 09 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Did well to reply the ame thing 5 times Ian, guessing you're on your phone?
Yeah no idea wtf happened there. Pesky mobile internetz.
Ste
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a bit more welding done today. The cab side of the frame is almost complete. the side I can get to is welded and just needs the rear doing when we tilt it at the weekend. All I need to do now is push the box to the right distance from the cab, spacer it and bolt them together for final welding

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Nov 09 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scunnylad

25th Nov 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive found a scrap yard with a 52 plate lf in if you need any bits

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.0194590 seconds