corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Nov 09 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, still need the ash tray panel and some other bits of trim clip.

Might have found a passenger seat but could you get a price on that? This guy wants £75 for a swap with our bench.
Rich H

User status: Offline
25th Nov 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans look good chaps. Awning is a definite great idea after last years PVS! (As long as it can withstand that sort of weather?)

Going to attract so much attention at shows!

Sent some funds over yesterday btw after the group buy idea fell flat on its arse Will see what else I can arrange further down the line
Dazbo

25th Nov 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome lol good luck with ur project looking good so far
16vKarlos

26th Nov 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this thread.
Ian + the boys - Keep up the great work, it's coming along fast.

Karlos
16vKarlos

29th Nov 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update tonight ?

Looking forward to seeing progress

Karlos
scunnylad

29th Nov 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sound, still need the ash tray panel and some other bits of trim clip.

Might have found a passenger seat but could you get a price on that? This guy wants £75 for a swap with our bench.

if u can get the pics of the bits u need i can get prices and so u want just a single passenger seat instead of the twin seat/ storage compartment?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Nov 09 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get pics tonight of the ash tray panel but the cab interior is out so I'm not sure what we need from the trim in there.

Yeah, want a single passenger seat. Might still utilise the bench in the rear somewhere, not sure.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 09 at 02:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of progress, hopefully Ste will be along shortly with pics. It's nearly watertight now!!
Ste
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 04:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considerable progression this weekend. Now, it may look like a fairly quick thing to do but there is so much that goes into this frame and the associated woodwork.

This was last weekend, and starting the frame. It was tacked together until we confirmed it fitted together ok.

Then this weekend, I had all the main welds to do and the manufacture of some fiddly bits that take up so much time.

here you can see the cab side of the frame and the box side. these meet with a 6mm gap that is taken up by a neoprene seal.

The back of the cab was cut out, which was a major job, and one that had to be done right first time.

Then it was time to add fillets which join the cab to its side of the frame.

These were made from 2mm 318 stainless steel. Once folded they are very strong and help replace lost strength from the cut-out.

Then it was clad with 15mm exterior ply, sealed with Sika and riveted in with 4.8x40mm alu/steel pop rivets.

This thing is solid!

messy?

The same had to be done inside the rear of the pod to form it's water-proof seal

There has also been progress at the rear of the box with the studding going up. The walls will be insulated and clad with a decorative finish.

As soon as the paint is fully cured on the frames then the seals will be applied and the outside of the wood sealed in and painted.

I've got a few more pics on my phone but not got the lead so I'll do them another time

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking very good and professional.
coming along nicely

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

30th Nov 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mega
Adge

30th Nov 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking ace! wil see if i can get sum more sikA
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent work
pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo

30th Nov 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Proffesional looking atm. Great progress, will be amazing once finished
Dazbo

30th Nov 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont mind me asking what sorta price does a project like this cost?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 09 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent about 6500 so far, probably got the same again to still spend, trick is to do it well enough that the finished vehicle is worth more than it costs. Should be the right side of it when its done.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a lot of money, fair play to you both.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 09 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold a few things, got 1600 for the box trailer. Donations are up to 400 quid or so, which helps. Got the green Puma to strip and sell, was toying with the idea of selling the car trailer as well but it's useful for carrying big stuff. Still got loads of wood and more metal to buy so I don't really fancy trying to get 8x4 sheets in the Astra

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, think how much money you're saving by doing everything yourself
AK

30th Nov 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian....

Not sure if its been written on this thread before.... how much did this cost to buy, and was it in an OK enough (mechanical) condition when bought?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 09 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3k plus VAT so £3450 if you're quick.

Mecanically it has no faults, was ready to use.
Nick-S

30th Nov 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gosh shes comeing along now
Dazbo

1st Dec 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Spent about 6500 so far, probably got the same again to still spend, trick is to do it well enough that the finished vehicle is worth more than it costs. Should be the right side of it when its done.

12k aint bad... just looked at how much these things go for £££££ plannin 22" rims are we? haha
16vKarlos

1st Dec 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dudes...

You guys are swiftly in gear.

I love this thread. every sunday evening i flick back here to see the updates.

Ian - top marks to you matey. selling everything to get this build going more. top man.

Ste matey edit on all your hard work + effort dude

p.s. Makes me want to get a mint corsa now for shows, so that i can use this wagon

Karlos

[Edited on 01-12-2009 by 16vKarlos]

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.2289751 seconds