corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 09 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
Ste matey edit on all your hard work + effort dude

Cheers fella. The hard work will pay off in the end.

What would be a really big help would be someone good at body repairs to do a few repairs on the GRP body. We have a few areas that require filling with a flexible filler. like these areas here:

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ant B

2nd Dec 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work guys,this is comming on very well and you both have done a great job
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still able to fly up with ed when its close to completion to do the final finishing and paint it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Dec 09 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is, we're after putting the internal walls up fairly soon and I would guess it would be easier to rectify that damage like the burst-through on the second picture with access to both sides?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill talk you through it step by step if you want mate

[Edited on 02-12-2009 by Tomnova16]

Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Dec 09 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be great. Need a list of the stuff we need first, I'll sort that, then you can knock me up some instructions
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries

Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 09 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you help us out with the list of stuff?
Rick Draper

3rd Dec 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Spent about 6500 so far, probably got the same again to still spend, trick is to do it well enough that the finished vehicle is worth more than it costs. Should be the right side of it when its done.

Just get Storey to splash some donga over your way. I recon Dave@BAT could spare some of Ians Storage monies.......
Rick Draper

3rd Dec 09 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom where is gerrards cross? Is it within anfield...

No really tell me where it is if its within heathrow i can see what i can do regards tickets.
Adge

3rd Dec 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can you help us out with the list of stuff?

hey mate, i work at a GRP fibreglass manufactor, i cud sort u all the stuff to do the repair apart from the actual Bodyfiller for the Top layer? cud also help with them if required?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

No really tell me where it is if its within heathrow i can see what i can do regards tickets.

South buckinghamshire, about 25 mins from heathrow, cheers for the offer but ed has his pilots license so he'll be flying, means i can bring my equipment too as dont think you can take spray guns on a plane
if they are cheaper than the cost to fly a plane up then may think about it.

Ian let me know what you need and ill get it sent up to you

is it ok to paint Lemass down the side

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by Tomnova16]

Cole

3rd Dec 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian/ste i do repairs on lorries like that all day long mainly insulated bodys but still same principle. thats an easy repair grind out split (dish it out) fibreglass matt and resin dont use p40 as it will crack and fall out in the split/hole let it dry grind off excess fibreglass then normal body filler over the top sand down prime paint repeat process on inside or put skin patch over hole on inside if thats the corner where kitchen etc is going to be and that will be fine i will take some pics of the process if you want its dead easy though

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by Cole]
Fad

3rd Dec 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

ed has his pilots license so he'll be flying, means i can bring my equipment too as dont think you can take spray guns on a plane

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by Tomnova16]

Wtf can I come
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS's first airbourne mission

Looks like its coming along

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 09 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought having a lorry was flash but flying someone in to repair it is bordering on ridiculous

Shall I get some proper pics of the areas which need repair or is it the same stuff wherever they are? The one on the end is the only one which has gone right through, the others are only a few mm deep and have wet the wood but not broken through it.
Adge

3rd Dec 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I thought having a lorry was flash but flying someone in to repair it is bordering on ridiculous

Shall I get some proper pics of the areas which need repair or is it the same stuff wherever they are? The one on the end is the only one which has gone right through, the others are only a few mm deep and have wet the wood but not broken through it.

i can sort that no problem mate! if u let me knw wen ure ready ill nip down and do the repairs
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 09 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you about this weekend?
ed

3rd Dec 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(I think we will probably drive up, unless it's the height of summer when we do it, or it's only a couple of hours work )
Adge

3rd Dec 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Are you about this weekend?

i cud do sunday possibly! ow far are you tho? depends ow much petrol i will need to get there and back haha! is lunch provided ?
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian will reimburse your fuel mate and lunch will be included of course.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Adge

3rd Dec 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds a plan then, i cud bring the sikaflex aswell, got 3 tubes here and will try get sum more! ill txt ian let him now! coz ill need the address and arrange times etc!!
Ste
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 06:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ian will give you the address and sort the times with you.

Ste
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 06:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pics for this update yet.

We stuck the neoprene seal to the box>cab joint.

Fitted most of the ties that hold the box to the chassis.

Siliconed up the joints arount where the cab was cut.

Leighton

4th Dec 09 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was fooking cold last night doing that
Think we need one or two or these bad boys : Here

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.1919138 seconds