corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
19th Oct 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets see some pics lads, i will post some if others do
Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe after 30 days, although to be honest I don't think i'm doing the 'fat shredder' diet hard enough to loes the fat to expose the muscle, and not taking enough protein to gain muscle mass

I'll continue doing it, as it's getting me in better shape - but it won't make me transform like these vids.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally dont think the p90x is going to give the person much muscle anyway, its more low weight high reps for toning.
Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do kinda know what you mean...

They constantly tell you, pick a weight that you find really hard to do 7/8 of... then the guys doing the demo bust out like 15 reps.

I'm awaiting cosmo's results as he's doing it to the absolute T - so if anyone is gonna get good gains it'll be him.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you look at the vids with the people who get really good gains they are all mostly toned or have defined muscle before hand.
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, day 8 done!

Im not sure if its me getting stronger, or the no-explode working more, or something else, but managed to do more pull/push ups for each type in each round. Arms and shoulders feel pumped.

Ab ripper was a fucking killer as always.

Barn - it does build muscle, the 0-90 day pics all over the net show that it does. Some of the days do use free weights, so you can go heavy and do low reps (as he does suggest over and over!). Other use your body weight during push/pull ups which should be as heavy as doing free weights.
Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I noticed that Mike,

It's like they've got muscle under neathe a layer of fat. I do think some of the good ones are people who've purposely let themselves gain fat to make them look more unfit, knowing they can shed it easily and tone.

That said though, I've seen good gains from some people who look proper average joes / small from the start... just not as great as the crazy transformations.
Jamescorsa97

Just wondering what u guys thought of Yoga X, never did yoga before and i found this thing damn hard!
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
if you look at the vids with the people who get really good gains they are all mostly toned or have defined muscle before hand.

Nah, go on to the beachbody (company behind P90X) forums and see the 1000's of 0-90 day pics, some were already well built, others were porkers or skinny who beef up!
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i looked at alot of the transformations on youtube and i will say i am impressed. even the really overweight people lose alot of weight which is good anyhow, i am really quite keen to see how it works out for people on here, looks like you will get out as good as what you put in.
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I'm awaiting cosmo's results as he's doing it to the absolute T - so if anyone is gonna get good gains it'll be him.

Im not a skinny lad though, my years of rugby, football and athletics at a fairly high level built me up fairly well. So you could class me as slightly larger than your average joe already.
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To give you all some idea, this was one of my 0 day pics, ive cut the rest of me out as not posting all of me just yet - although Im no fatty

Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Im not a skinny lad though, my years of rugby, football and athletics at a fairly high level built me up fairly well. So you could class me as slightly larger than your average joe already.

that should be good then, as Barnshaw is saying the really impressive transformations are people who started fairly big to start with... and dizzy says its great for people who are beginners and not for people who are already a bit built...

So when you show results, you can potentially prove or disprove some of them.

I'm quite small / think my frame is fairly skinny, with a bit of fat round my mid riff (beer gut and love handles ), so will be good to see what happens with that... hopefully we can potentially prove that between us, p90x works for anyone
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking alright to start with cosmo, il post some pics up of last year and as of couple weeks ago.
Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
To give you all some idea, this was one of my 0 day pics, ive cut the rest of me out as not posting all of me just yet - although Im no fatty

HERE'S MINE TO CONTRAST

Day 0

complete opposite.
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW, Ive never stepped foot in a gym in my life.

Actually, thats a lie, Ive been in the past with ex-gf's and sat in the jacuzzi and steam rooms
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well here goes,

pretty much exactly one year ago, drinking, smoking and eating shit, no excercise or anything and skinny and unhealthy:

then this is a couple of weeks ago after 3/4 months of hard training and eating properly, no gym, just free weights at home

Plan is to continue bulking and around or after xmas start cutting (maybe try p90x). I will post more pics then after cutting. I must say its one of the best changes i have ever made, skin is much better, feel better and i am in much better moods eating and feeling healthy.
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The second two phases of P90X are far from cutting workouts, the diets increase and its more aimed at bulking up.
Paul_J

19th Oct 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is quite good barnshaw, I've never met you - but i remember you posting a pic before a long time ago and you looked like a skinny guy. Good results
BarnshaW

19th Oct 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think i would ever go back to being unhealthy, it really does all pay off when u see the results from what you once did look like. I would honestly hand on heart say half of it all is eating properly.
Dan
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say 75% is the diet barndoor

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
DizzyRebel

19th Oct 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha have you got stars tattooed on your fore arm cosmo?

You look pretty much the same build as me, chest hair and all. My strength and size cam e from boxing and motox though!
Dan
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My journal is found here, comparison pics from end of september are page 5,

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Xhale200739s-loose-some-weight-and-get-fit-journal-with-pics-m3575471-p5.aspx

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
DizzyRebel

19th Oct 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres me last week getting ready for the pleasuredome, dont i look cool

gone from 88kg to 80kg in about 8 weeks from going down to training twice a week and eating more than my fair share of junk lol

This is the reason im training up again as i used to look like this in the summer:

Most of it is down to food, so you see how important maintaining a good diet is. gone from about 100g of carbs a day and 300g of protein a day to around 300g of carbs and 100g of protein because i cant be arsed to cook and its fucked me over
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your arms are well bigger than mine there Dizzy, by a fair amount Id say - Im a good few inches taller than you though

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.3121991 seconds