corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Laser Eye Surgery update... (had it done - page 3)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laser Eye Surgery update... (had it done - page 3)
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Oct 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah I didn't feel any pressure to go with them.

I did make my mind up there and then though once I'd had my consultation just because I felt the staff were very good, took their time to go through and explained everything to me, answered any questions I had and the premises seemed very well kept, clean and tidy. They generally made a good impression and made me not feel worried about it and I felt exactly the same about my visit to the Maidstone clinic to have the surgery done.

Optical Express was a bit grotty in comparison and not as thorough in their tests.
M2RTY

8th Oct 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
was there any pressure on you going with the company after the consultation?

my girlfriend had a consultation on a boob job and now they keep pestering her with calls and letters to get her to go ahead with it which is one thing i do not want to happen to me really.

why are you going for a boob job? lol
jamied

8th Oct 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

8th Apr 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my 6 month final consultation coming up.

Hopefully get the all clear, everything has gone well so far

If I close my left eye I can tell my right eye isn't quite perfect but its 1000x improvement over what I was. With both eyes together I cant tell at all.
SetH

8th Apr 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had ultralase wavefront in 2007.

When I had a checkup after the surgery I could read the line below the 20/20 and hence had better then 20/20 vision.

I only had mild astigmatism which had to be corrected.

Over the last year my vision seems to have worsened slightly, noted when i was using 1440x900 resolution on my laptop.

As i was working in a hospital last month I blagged a free eye test and my vision has deterioated to 20/25.

Its meant to be lifetime after care so ive got an appointment to go and see them next week.

They said as your eye naturally ages everyone will one day need reading glasses but i didnt expect a drop in acuity after 2 years!
boylers11

8th Apr 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, it's very interesting to read all of the comments in this thread. Basically, because it's such a new technology, there's no investigation into what happens many years down the line. Yes, you'll need reading specs when you're older due to presbyopia etc, but I bet you've not been warned about all of the people whose prescriptions have crept back over a relatively short period of time? Some of my colleagues have had it done and think it's great, but I've seen the other end of the spectrum too...and it's not all rosey, thats for sure.
At a meeting, a consultant ophthalmologist was sitting in the audience while a well known laser company did their presentation...question time was rather 'interesting'. Basically, he tore their presentation to pieces within minutes, quoting ocular infections/inflammations as a result of laser eye surgery.
All this wavefront technology is making it much more accurate and the quality of vision much clearer than it used to be, but there's still no guarantee...if something went badly wrong, you're in trouble.
Fingers crossed that your prescription stays stable. Would be interesting to keep us all updated.

SetH

8th Apr 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fingers crossed that your prescription stays stable. Would be interesting to keep us all updated.

Ill post an update next week after my eyetest.

either I have a degenerative condition or my prescription is keeping back.
CORSA NUT

8th Apr 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny enough

I'm booked back in on the 21st for another consultation because the stigamatism is back in my left eye slightly best keep away after the next op!!
SetH

8th Apr 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

serious? how long ago did you have your op mate?

mine was almost 3 years ago. I dont know a great deal about the science but im sure they said you cant have repeat ops due to them removing too much tissue or something?
boylers11

8th Apr 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The science behind it is relatively simple mate.....basically (I won;t use all the technical terms), the cornea is made up of 5 layers. They score the most superficial layer in a C shape and peel is back, which exposes the layer underneath. They then use the laser to burn away some of this layer, then put the superficial flap back down....then hope! In order to be successful, there are loads of factors that need to go properly....the flap cutting and peeling has to work, the laser process needs to 'burn away' the right amount, the flap needs to be put back down and stick without lifting back up or distorting and following on from this, no infections or secondary inflammation etc, etc.
The superficial layer of the cornea is a living part of you and is capable or regenerating quickly, but the middle layer which is 'burnt away' does not regenerate itself.
Because of the processes mentioned above and the fact that everyone's corneas grow differently, it is very difficult to guestimate what will happen decades (or even months) in advance.
mwg

8th Apr 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know I cant have another operation because they have removed as much tissue as they'd like to already.
SetH

8th Apr 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I know I cant have another operation because they have removed as much tissue as they'd like to already.

Think its the same with me fella.

quote:
but the middle layer which is 'burnt away' does not regenerate itself

Also THIS
cjohnson

9th Apr 10 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love it done, but I don't think they can do it for my prescription. Contact lenses for me lol

[Edited on 09-04-2010 by cjohnson]
mwg

9th Apr 10 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your prescription?
BigSte

9th Apr 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine done about 8 weeks ago with Optimax in Leeds.

Perfect service, couldn't fault a thing.

I have Intralase Lasik with Wavefront, prescription was -3.25 in both eyes.

No pain at all, just found it uncomfortable as you can imagine.

100% perfect vision now, better than 20/20.

Best £1800 I will ever spend
SetH

9th Apr 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
100% perfect vision now, better than 20/20.

As was mine just after the surgery, see if you still have it in 3 years time as im convinced that i dont
Fro

9th Apr 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Funny enough

I'm booked back in on the 21st for another consultation because the stigamatism is back in my left eye slightly best keep away after the next op!!

I have this in my left eye also. Quite bad as cannot read font on a comp screen if i close my right.
CORSA NUT

9th Apr 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well even straight after the op my vision was a bit 'Off'

My vision after a day or so was crystal clear and still is for the most part....BUT my vision still wasn't perfect and with my right eye being perfect and my left eye being very slightly off (-1.00) it made it a bit wierd they just kept telling me that it would take up to 3 months to sort itself.

I just think it wasn't done right from the off not what you expect when you pay near £4000!
mwg

28th Apr 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for the final consultation today. My left eye is basically perfect and my right eye is actually ever so slightly long sighted now Think its about +0.5 which explains why when I close my left eye text is ever so slightly blurred.

With both eyes together I cant tell, they seem pretty much perfect to me Really happy

Going to get a full eye test booked at my opticians and see what prescription I am. Ultralase suggested that I do it and my company pay for all eye tests anyway so I may as well have it done.

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by mwg]
mwg

1st Nov 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an eye test now to find out prescription. Left has no prescription. Right eye a tiny bit but nothing that needs glasses. I could read the smallest line of text no bother, absolutely pissed it and the even smaller text on the piece of paper he gave me. Bit of a difference from when I used to go and couldn't even read the biggest line

Dead chuffed.
CORSA NUT

1st Nov 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I STILL need to go back and sort mine
mwg

1st Nov 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you've paid your money so they have to sort it out! Lifetime guarantee and all that! Let me know how you get on.
corsayoung

1st Nov 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reallly really really want this done, however with -2.75 and -5.25 with astigmitism what you think? doable?
mwg

1st Nov 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was mine before hand: -10.75 for my right eye and -10.25 for my left eye.

So yeah it's doable.
corsayoung

1st Nov 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
This was mine before hand: -10.75 for my right eye and -10.25 for my left eye.

So yeah it's doable.

wow! honestly didnt think mine was doable, you my friend, know how to make some guy very very happy! thanks!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Laser Eye Surgery update... (had it done - page 3) 22 database queries in 0.2201419 seconds