corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 09 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much for the 16v engine Daz
ChrisBoom

24th Jun 09 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
How much for the 16v engine Daz

Yes, join 16v club

Just had a 3am thrash after work, first time ive driven it hard, bloody awesome
DAZ1985

24th Jun 09 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im open to offers

one engine need to be rebuilt (bottom end has gone), no sump, inlet, cams, hydros, basically a block and bare head

one engine will need all the sensors, as ill be transfering them onto my new engine, its done 107k, i wont lie to you its had some abuse but i cant kill it
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honesty is the best policy Daz
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fogs out, rallye inserts in. Makes a big difference, looks miles better.

ChrisBoom

24th Jun 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, did you take the bumper off to fit them?
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah didnt need to in the end, took the arch linings off and I could get to them easy enough
DAZ1985

24th Jun 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it's getting there, Daz...will an enclosed induction kit for a 16v be difficult to fit to the 8v? I know the cold air feed is shorter so it needs modifying, worth it? not keen on open filters.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got bored, had a few spare ££ in paypal so bought a new radiator cap

DAZ1985

25th Jun 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye it's getting there, Daz...will an enclosed induction kit for a 16v be difficult to fit to the 8v? I know the cold air feed is shorter so it needs modifying, worth it? not keen on open filters.

I'm not to genned up on 8v filters but if i had one id have the enclosed type one your on about and make it fit
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do that then, they look miles better aswell. Just been and plastic welded them rallye inserts into the bumper and also started prepping the strut brace, got 1 coat of black on 1 part aswell.

ChrisBoom

25th Jun 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, get some pics up once its fitted
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, will do. Need to buy tyres next I think
Rich H

25th Jun 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice progress Danny. Thought there was even more though by the amount of pages, but instead it appears this is the official 106 owners club chat room

Falkens - never used them myself, but couple of mates have. Are good in summer, shocking in winter and wear very quickly as they're pretty soft compound.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen some Avons I think I'll get, middle of the range trye but I'm pretty skint at the min only being on part time wages I've seen a few 106's with them on so they must be good. Yeah, this is where the outcast french owners come to display affection
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jun 09 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres ordered
Manifold next week
Radiator cap is here

Nic Barnes

28th Jun 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a waste of my life reading such a pointless thread about a car that should have been scrapped. its a wreck. scrap it before you kill some one.

106 forums might love a rusty dangerous tin can. try there?
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jun 09 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The inserts look ace Danny And yes, you certainly need a 16v engine. On song they fairly shift! That's mostly due to them weighing as much as a wet sandwhich!
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jun 09 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
what a waste of my life reading such a pointless thread about a car that should have been scrapped. its a wreck. scrap it before you kill some one.

It's far from a wreck, your corsa has had more problems in 1 week than this car has ever had. Rust? where did you get that from, the car doesn't have 1 patch of rust on it, your corsa WILL be rustier and it's far from dangerous, we all know 106's handle better than a corsa if you don't like the thread don't read it, simple.

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

29th Jun 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got that strut brace fitted yet? Just found out that the strut brace would of fitted fine over the engine, going to have to buy another one now
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It's far from a wreck, your corsa has had more problems in 1 week than this car has ever had. Rust? where did you get that from, the car doesn't have 1 patch of rust on it, your corsa WILL be rustier and it's far from dangerous, we all know 106's handle better than a corsa if you don't like the thread don't read it, simple.

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by DannyB]

wow so you can needlessly slag off someone elses car but cant stand criticism of yor own car?

funny that. ps, you dont know anything about my car.

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by Nic Barnes]
3i_gaz

29th Jun 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool rad cap.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 06:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wow so you can needlessly slag off someone elses car but cant stand criticism of yor own car?

funny that. ps, you dont know anything about my car.

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by Nic Barnes]

Wrong, you gave your opinion and I gave mine
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
Got that strut brace fitted yet? Just found out that the strut brace would of fitted fine over the engine, going to have to buy another one now

Not fitted yet, need to laquor it when I go up there, not been to the car for a few days, will be going tomorow.

Tyres came, well 3 anyway as there was no more in stock so another 1 will be arriving over the next few days, then I'll fit them all at once.

Went for 185/55's in the end.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.8741980 seconds