corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 09 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might have a go myself, the mechanic at work has told me what to do, it doesn't sound too hard just can't be arsed fucking it up
ChrisBoom

16th Jun 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its pretty easy tbh, theres loads of guides around the internet on it too if you want to read up on it.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guna have a bid on a new gti gear knob, the leather surround has started peeling on mine. I'll probly take that manifold off you this week aswell.
ChrisBoom

16th Jun 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Guna have a bid on a new gti gear knob, the leather surround has started peeling on mine. I'll probly take that manifold off you this week aswell.

Ill sell you a nice shiney metal one thats in the saxo

No probs, still havent wrapped it right enough, sitting in the 106 making my seats dirty

Oh, and we should just make one big dedicated XSI thread, no-one else seems to care about out french carness
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, people need to show the 106 some love mine will get interesting soon, as soon as the exterior is finished anyway aye mate just let me know when you've wrapped it up, might even send you the money anyway so I'm not tempted to spend it
ChrisBoom

16th Jun 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know, people need to show the 106 some love mine will get interesting soon, as soon as the exterior is finished anyway aye mate just let me know when you've wrapped it up, might even send you the money anyway so I'm not tempted to spend it

Well ill be busybusy tomorrow, but off work on thursday and friday so will wrap it up on thursday
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool mate cheers, you still got the pulley and strut brace?
ChrisBoom

16th Jun 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cool mate cheers, you still got the pulley and strut brace?

Yup, sure do.

Which reminds me, i got a load of voicemails while I was at rockness, must check to see if theres anyone wanting any saxo parts, put it in the scotads last week.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much for them both (seperately) as if you still have them soon no doubt I'll take them off you aswell.
ChrisBoom

16th Jun 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How much for them both (seperately) as if you still have them soon no doubt I'll take them off you aswell.

Well id say £40 posted for the strut brace, and £120 posted for the cam and pulley, as I would want to sell them together.

Or you can have the strut brace, manifold, and the whole engine for £250 if you come and collect it
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could get up there to collect it I would, I'll just take the manifold and if you still have the strutbrace that too, if you don't manage to wrap the maifold up I can take the strutbrace as soon as tomorow if you like, just U2U me your address and I'll get the cheque posted.
Mobby

17th Jun 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the project

My brother is going down the track look, wants it to look something like this.

[Edited on 17-06-2009 by mobby]
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Jun 09 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still have yours then Mobby? you done anything to it since you got it?
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Jun 09 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few things coming over the next week...

Wheels
Strut brace
Rallye inserts
Springs
grommet for window
New GTI gearknob

Will update with pics as and when

[Edited on 17-06-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooh, I wonder what these could be

mmm

No point taking a pic of all 4 so here's 2

These also came...

My Rallye bumper inserts from DAZ1985 also came but I wasnt in to sign for them so have to pick them up tommorow

[Edited on 18-06-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had another delivery...

Bearing in mind these are only temporary until I buy coilovers
ChrisBoom

18th Jun 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the hell are those springs doing on a bed? Get them fitted man!

Its going to look sweet once those wheels are springs are on. -30mm drop?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is at a mates and I'm only going there this weekend. I don't have a spring compressor so I'm taking the struts into work. The springs ar 55 mate, wheels are 14'' so should be about right.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XSi dedicated thread
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck where have you been it's took you 3 pages to comment
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rallye inserts to replace my fogs, will be getting sprayed over the next few days depending on when I can get to halfrauds.

Corsa_Scotty

19th Jun 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress danny
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's getting there. Still got a few things to turn up over the next week aswell, need to get these springs changed first.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Jun 09 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few pics from today, grommet fits snug in the back window, struts are off but my phone died so couldnt get a pic. I sprayed the rallye inserts and decided to spray my wing mirror covers.

My makeshift stand comprising of 2 speaker stands, curtains rail hoops and a piece of wood

Poor quality pics from phone make them look shit but I assure you they're not

[Edited on 20-06-2009 by DannyB]
Mobby

20th Jun 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You still have yours then Mobby? you done anything to it since you got it?

Yeah we still got it, i really want to track it, but he wants it as his first car

Since i last made a thread it still needs a new clutch and all thats been done is a new headlight, painted alloys white, bonnet raisers and masking tape on the fog lights

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.1621799 seconds