corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removing bumpers !*!*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removing bumpers !*!*
csmooth21

User status: Offline
   3rd Apr 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, ryt i have a 1996 corsa sport. first car. i wana remove the black archs and black bit on the back and front bumpers and colour code them. how do i remove them??
and are they connected to the actuall bumper or do the black bits themselfs cum of??

ive undon a few screws on the front black bit, bt still having no luck
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

4th Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just look around the bumpers and you will see the screws which will have to come off.

the black trim doesnt remove from the bumper itself, and the arches will come off, but is a right pain in the arse!
csmooth21

4th Apr 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the back bumper off now and back arches, but havning trouble with the front arches n bumper, do headlights have to cum out??
J200RSA

4th Apr 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head lights don't need to come out, to remove the arches its a 10mm spanner or rachet but the mud gaurds in the arch cover them so there a pain in the arse to get off. the front bumper has 2 on the slam panel and i think its 3 underneath
3lfz

4th Apr 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how to get the front arches of as I have no idewa how to get the arch liner out lol! But for the front bumper, there are 5 8mm bolts undernearth, 1 in the middle and 1 either side somewhere. There are also 2 bolts attaching the bumper to the wheel arch liners underneath. Theres 1 bolt each side in the wheelarch. And for the last ones there is a little plastic cover inside the arch liner each side. unclip this and you will be able to access a 10mm bolt which is attached to the wheel arch, but you needd to remove this as the bumper is also connected to it. Good luck, I broke 2 clips

New Poll