corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hit a problem (And another)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hit a problem (And another)
mikesc20let

User status: Offline
4th Mar 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
mikesc20let: Mobby says you told him his original ECU was Simens? I suspect its a Bosch Motronic M1.5.5 as thats the only reference I can find for the 1.2 16v, if it IS a 1.5.5 I have the pin outs:

http://www.dohc.co.uk/z20let/reference/Motronic.txt

Same colour codeing as the Simtec70.

But you are saying his Simtec70 loom (the 1.8 loom) doesnt have the same colours as mine? I've got THREE 1.8's and they all have the same loom colouring so either the scrappy has given you the wrong loom or its some how 'special'.

u see the reason i put what i said at first is because all mobby was getting was childish replys and i aint no failure but be my geust to say that to my face in person
i dont know what loom is on the 1.8 engine there just wires to me all i want to know is where they went from the wireing on the engine to the wireing on the car as it is a diff loom to any other normal corsa (on the car side) so i will get the ecu details off mobbys engine (1.2) as im not sure on them but i know the 1.8 has a simens ecu as labelled up on the part number stamp if this helps
DaveyLC

4th Mar 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikesc20leti dont know what loom is on the 1.8 engine there just wires to me all i want to know is where they went from the wireing on the engine to the wireing on the car

Can I just say I'm worried by your statement..

But anyway.. I've already listed what they do and its the same as 99% of non CANBUS vauxhalls:

Green: Revs
Blue: Coolant
Red: 12v+
Black: 12v Ignition
Brown: Earth
Brown/Red: Fuelpump signal
Blue/Red (Thick): Fuelpump feed
Blue/Red (thin): speedo
Brown/Yellow: Diagnostics
Brown/Violet: Immoboliser
Brown/White: Immoboliser/communications.

This is what the ref label on a M1.5.5 looks like:

quote:
Originally posted by mikesc20leti aint no failure but be my geust to say that to my face in person

If you havent finished it soon I'll be more than happy to
swill_omnibus

4th Mar 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think there should be an Official 1.8 Corsa Reigster.. I didnt realise so many people are doing it?

Yeah that be good, be interesting to know who on here altogether has one. Know theres 4 including myself being WIP
Warren G

5th Mar 09 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mikesc20let: Mobby says you told him his original ECU was Simens? I suspect its a Bosch Motronic M1.5.5 as thats the only reference I can find for the 1.2 16v, if it IS a 1.5.5 I have the pin outs:

http://www.dohc.co.uk/z20let/reference/Motronic.txt

Same colour codeing as the Simtec70.

But you are saying his Simtec70 loom (the 1.8 loom) doesnt have the same colours as mine? I've got THREE 1.8's and they all have the same loom colouring so either the scrappy has given you the wrong loom or its some how 'special'.

thats a z12xe ecu diagram, not x12xe

even though both motronic 1.5.5

but ecu has different codes -k61
DaveyLC

5th Mar 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a Z20LET diagram ha'ctually

If they are both M1.5.5 the basics should be the same and the basics are all we are interested in..
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Mar 09 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know if you have worked it out yet but we got our x16 xe in a 1.ol 12v running last night. once you have connected all the wires to the same colours from the 9 pin plug (the three pin is for air con) you need to connect the red wire with blue tracer (fuel relay) to the back of the fuse box not to the corresponding wire on the cars loom. the red and blue wire is on the purple relay in the back of the fuse box. pics wont upload will try later. hope this helps. Note the wires are only taped together to make sure they are in correct place.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
mikesc20let

7th Mar 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
dont know if you have worked it out yet but we got our x16 xe in a 1.ol 12v running last night. once you have connected all the wires to the same colours from the 9 pin plug (the three pin is for air con) you need to connect the red wire with blue tracer (fuel relay) to the back of the fuse box not to the corresponding wire on the cars loom. the red and blue wire is on the purple relay in the back of the fuse box. pics wont upload will try later. hope this helps. Note the wires are only taped together to make sure they are in correct place.

now thats abit more usefull thanks for the info as the blue/red under the bonnet which comes out of a black 5 pin plug on mobbys car was a feed to the injectors
DaveyLC

7th Mar 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what Mobby said to me earlier it sounds like its immobolised.. If you try and powerup the Simtec70 without the transponder it will run for 5 seconds then cut out (ECU light will flash).. Is that whats happening?
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im getting the wireing diagrams this week so shud be running at the weekend hopefully and for those interested no im not using the vectra fuel relay as there is already 1 on the car from the original engine
but for anyone thats wants to try n do it before heres a list of the wires

engine:
green
2x blacks
brown/green
brown/white
brown/purple
brown/blue
brown/yellow
blue/red
black/blue
black/brown
black/white
black/red
red
red/black
red/yellow

then a grey plug with
thick red/blue (for injectors)
blue (water temp gauge)
thick black

corsa SXI shell under the bonnet
2x red/blue
blue/red
green
brown
black
red
brown/white
brown/black
brown/blue
brown/red
black/blue
black/white
black/green

then a oblong black plug
thick red/blue
blue (for temp gauge thus is connected to blue on the engine)
blue (for oil light which is already connected)
thick black

so anyone with any info before i get chance to sort the wireing diagrams then your more than welcome to put up what wire goes to which
Nic Barnes

8th Mar 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id guess the brown and white goes to the brown and white.
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i thought colour to colour but others say not lol so i thought well every1 ccan have a go
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The grey plugs dont need touching, just leave the wiring as it is, the injectors are fed from the fuel pump relay..

Should stil be colour to colour.
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also those colours on the engine loom are IDENTCAL to mine, you told me a couple of days ago they were different?
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you remove the vectra fuel pump relay the 12v+ swticheed output should be 2x red/blue thick.. they need to go to the 2x red/blue on the corsa loom.. then match up green, blue, brown, black, red, brown/yellow.. The two brown/whites i believe should go to the single brown/white on the car loom.
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you remove the vectra fuel pump relay the 12v+ swticheed output should be 2x red/blue thick.. they need to go to the 2x red/blue on the corsa loom.. then match up green, blue, brown, black, red, brown/yellow.. The two brown/whites i believe should go to the single brown/white on the car loom.

well i now have 1 red blue on the loom cus i got rid of the relay so didnt need the joint and also there isn't a brown/yellow ont he car side so wheres that go to
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the fuse box out and look at what goes to PIN7.. that will be the diagnostics line.. Trace back the colour to the cut end of the car loom.
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so which wires are for the immobiliser then and comms
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what colours are on the fuel pump relay in the car?
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikesc20let
so which wires are for the immobiliser then and comms

Which ever wire goes to pin7 will replace the brown/yellow wire the brown/white and brown/blue are for immoboliser, brown/violet should be for the alarm system..
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok shall check it tomoz then on the fuel pump relay there is 2 red 1 think 1 thin in 1 terminal 12v + then red/blue in another then another red/blue then a brown and summit else in another pin (i cant remember the stripe of the brown wire)
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CAn you get the pin numbers from the Relay (87,86,85,30) and tell me which colours go to which pin
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shall get them tomoz i know what u mean i just cudnt find my relay wireing earlier so i bypassed the relay just to get the fuel pumping upto the engine but then couldn't get a spark or injectors to open but the ecu light was flashing on n off thus meaning i had a immo fault (if im right in thinking)
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah immobolised.. have you traced the wires using a circuit tester to make sure the colours are going to the right pins?
mikesc20let

8th Mar 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i didnt go into it too much as it was getting late and freezing my bollox off
Mobby

9th Mar 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bwaaaarrp

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll