corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Knocking when changing gear!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knocking when changing gear!!
MIKESRi

User status: Offline
   5th Nov 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly please can i have a huge welcome to this forum Currently own a Vectra GSi, but have just bought mysely a Corsa C SRi to add to my collection, great car Have encountered a small problem though, which is when i change from 1st to 2nd gear and then from 2nd to 3rd theirs a strange knocking sound from the engine bay. Was told it may be the front engine mount, which i changed today, but the problem still persists !!! If anyone could shed some light into this problem i would be extremely grateful!!
Joe

5th Nov 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the gearchange easy or quite hard to select gears?
MIKESRi

5th Nov 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything feels normal, i only noticed it the other morning when i had to pull away quick, when you ease the clutch up slowly theirs no knock!! Now i know its their i have to get it sorted.
konlabos

5th Nov 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol bit tricky that one... mayb a gearbox mount, u wouldn't notice it if ur gentle wae it, do u feel any pulling or knockin thru the steering wheel or is it just a loud bang when u let ur clutch out quick?
MIKESRi

5th Nov 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo when when you let the clutch out quick, no pulling or knocking through steering wheel, i wouldn't say it was a loud bang, it almost sounds like its a perished rubber or something. Got my mechanic mate to have a quick look over it but apart from the front engine mount he couldn't see anything wrong. It's a 54 plate and the 1.4 version if this helps further.
konlabos

5th Nov 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im lost lol if u've changed the engine mount then it cud be internals to ur gbox thats why ur tech dude cudn't see it...
MIKESRi

5th Nov 08 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God i hope not, only bought it a few weeks ago!!! Was kinda hoping someone on here had had this problem before. Vauxhall said they were happy to take the car in for a few hours for me whilst charging their ridiculous hourly rate!!
konlabos

5th Nov 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye sumit lyk £45 an hour!!!then overpriced bits lmao. finally found a decent loon on er u seem sound! u had alot o vauxhalls?
MIKESRi

5th Nov 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant get enough of them, ive had a carlton 2 litre cdx, 2 cavaliers, senator 3 litre, 2 litre omega, v6 vectra sri, and my current cars a vectra b gsi running just over 200 bhp and the corsa c sri. So ive had a few!!!
konlabos

5th Nov 08 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ive had3 corsa b's so far but i'm still young lol bit hard on apprentices wages!! so do u ever go to meets?
MIKESRi

5th Nov 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mainly veccy meets in my local area, first time ive tried a corsa, pretty happy with it apart from the above problem, lol!! Lucky im 27 now with a good job so not too fussed about cost of things as long as my motors run right!! Missus gives me grief all the time about spending too much time polishing my babies!!
konlabos

5th Nov 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao i aint made that mistake wit women... yet. so far bouts are u from?
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, got past my bed time last night lol!! I'm from carshalton in Surrey, but now live at Weymouth down in Dorset
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite lol i bide in the hills o scotland... i've got a post up askin bout inlet manifolds and how much wud i gain.. there's a guy with a 4-2-1 manifold full system and a inlet manifold from an aftermarket company and his 1.6 has only gained21bhp... i'd be pissed if i paid that much for21bhp!!
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me id personally start off by dumping a bigger lump in. You'll only get small gains otherwise for a lot of money spent. Just my opinion though
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 in the local DIY shop said the same just redtop is the way forward but by the time i rebuilt mine and forked out for the kit it wud be alot o money... but prob a fair huge gain... the bloke i have deals wit now and again wit corsa bits has just bought a rebuilt c16xe engine then new throttle bodies and cams got it fitted by local engineerin company which cost him1300quid.. 'attempted' to run it in and put the piston thru the side o the block lmfao!
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the trouble!! Could of bought a complete 2.0 redtop with box and wiring and have change left for a remap for that sort of money. BIG POWER
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly. just a numpty!!!!

so yi up tae much the nite?
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Babysitting my 6 year old while the missus is at work. just my luck really. Would rather be at work if the sun was still up
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol tell me bout it, bloody car runnin ruff as fuk so ordered a new dizzy cap leads and plugs.. aint got a clue when it was serviced
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't tell me about services, just spent close to £900 on getting my vectra serviced. Corsa just cost me £200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao bet ya wallet feels light now! puts ur mind to rest thou,
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly does, i do like to keep on top of everything though. Just cant believe my vectra is running so much better than the corsa and theirs 6 years difference between them. Pishing cars
konlabos

6th Nov 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao ken... just think if ya had an old viva u'd be cursin bout the rnnin o them 2!
MIKESRi

6th Nov 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Viva...........no chance, an old mark 11 cavalier sri is next on my wish list!!!!!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll