corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CV knocking gear linkage ???? help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CV knocking gear linkage ???? help
byrnie_2004

User status: Offline
   26th Jan 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I adjusted my gear linkage, as its never been right since i've put my engine back in (struggled to get into 2nd etc).
Now my gear selections are nice and everything is how it should be, BUT...
There is now serious knocking coming from what sounds like the drivers side inner cv joint. It's only noticable when off the accelerator or with the clutch pressed in whilst moving.
Any help would be much appreciated
Limecat
Banned

27th Jan 08 at 05:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inner CV cannot knock the linkage, it is impossible. Check that the nuts on the lower arm/tiebar/balljoint are tight!

Only round the corner from me, I am in the Grove!
byrnie_2004

27th Jan 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, can tell you now that one of the bolts isn't tight, lower ball joint bolt, it wont tighten or undo ill havta cut it off

New Poll