corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa gear linkage or 2ltr gear linkage to modify?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gear linkage or 2ltr gear linkage to modify?
myke

User status: Offline
31st Aug 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a fair amount of play in the mounts as they are rubber.
just because the rear mount shifts 15mm to one side, doesn't mean the front mounts wont be right; however the diff will be positioned too far to one side and risk popping a shaft out or wearing the cv on the other side way too fast.

i may take the mount out and grind it for now untill i can be bothered to look into it further and stick the spacers back in.

although, i can get reverse first and third as it is, but the linkage fouls the bulkhead, which i don't see being fixable by extending the linkage sideways.

just gotta get hold of a 16v coil, sort the remaining wiring, get the hoses and rad back in. manifold, sort the exhaust...........................................
corsaandy

31st Aug 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which linkage are you using the corsa one or the calibra one you have to take the one off of the calibra gearbox and put the corsa one on then extend that 15mm if using the spacers
myke

31st Aug 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, the corsa linkage is on the f20.
the selector tube fits into the collar, and the bolt does up .
it's set up according to haynes, but can only get 1st, 3rd and reverse.
nothing is extended yet.

corsa one is plastic, so i'll probably grind the mount as a temporary measure untill i can get a metal linkage from a nova.
starkie

1st Sep 04 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
there is a fair amount of play in the mounts as they are rubber.
just because the rear mount shifts 15mm to one side, doesn't mean the front mounts wont be right; however the diff will be positioned too far to one side and risk popping a shaft out or wearing the cv on the other side way too fast.

well how about you bolt the fronts up first then you will see the shaved rear mount will fit in without moving anything

Siberia

1st Sep 04 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
yeah, the corsa linkage is on the f20.
the selector tube fits into the collar, and the bolt does up .
it's set up according to haynes, but can only get 1st, 3rd and reverse.
nothing is extended yet.

corsa one is plastic, so i'll probably grind the mount as a temporary measure untill i can get a metal linkage from a nova.

im getting confused here

the way see it is the bar that comes out of the bulhead i would class as being part of the corsa.

all the rest would be part of the gearbox and i would use the parts that came with that gearbox I.E the f20 bits.

is this right or wrong WAHH confusing
myke

1st Sep 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's no way the two will match up ( corsa selector tube and f20 linkage).
so the f15 linkage has to be swapped onto the f20.

f15 linkage meets the tube as a sleeve clamp, and the f20 is a rod which goes into a sleeve clamp on the calibra selector tube.

i'll try and find pics.
myke

1st Sep 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the calibra:

you can see at the top left that the clamp is on the tube and knurled rod is part of the linkage. the linkage is clearer on 1800ed's pic.

corsa:

not the best pic ever, but shows that the clamp sleeve is part of the linkage and the selector tube is just a rod.
Siberia

1st Sep 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read that--> http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=109916

he seemed to have the same problem...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll