corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tightening up the gear linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tightening up the gear linkage
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
20th Mar 04 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spend today fitting a new gear stick, complete with the yellow plastic cage and linkage in to the bay.

I've also changed the pin that anchors the linkage to the box.

Both changes have made gear changes slightly tighter but its still not as sure as I'd like it. Does anyone have part numbers or a photo of the bits that make up the linkage to identify what may be worn. Pics of the linkage complete on a box outside of a car would probably be ideal if anyone fancies a search.

Its the standard F15 box in the GSi btw.

[Edited on 20-03-2004 by Ian]
Lisa

20th Mar 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give lisa a ring in the morning and she will give you fearlesses number and he will sort u out
Kris TD

20th Mar 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its anything like mine the bushes have wornout. they are situated on the linkage which is under the engine bay.
i buggered mine when changing the starter motor as i kept knocking it, doh.
Adam-D

20th Mar 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a black plastic bit with a rubber bit at each end this can give greif
im not sure mine is lined up straight yet thou
Lisa

20th Mar 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the rubber bushes are you can squeeze the metal plates together a little bit to tighten them up a bit .

New Poll