corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Pensions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pensions
Robbo

User status: Offline
18th Aug 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep anyone can get a stakeholder pension up to a max of £3,600 a year and I guess the govt put in 22% of that
Cosmo

18th Aug 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've the free cash that you can afford to not have easy (any?) access to then it isnt a bad idea.
Nath

18th Aug 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one, don't know the ins and outs, but started it when I was 18 (7 years ago). It's a good one though from what I remember because my Dad advised me to go into it.
Tom

18th Aug 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a pension for 6/7 years which was pretty good, don't know details though. It was non contributary for 4 years iirc and then 5% which was matched for 2 of the years. I am just about to start paying into a HSBC managed one through my new job though, it's the only thing I really have done right so far with regards to finance so want to continue it.
Becky1989

24th Aug 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started when i was 17.

I put £95.00 a month and my employer matches that
jr

24th Aug 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never really sorted a pension as allways moved round companies too quickly (motortrade)

whats peoples thoughts on just puting a direct debit into another bank account every month, or any other options i should look at ? other than a company pension
Colin

24th Aug 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to DD into another account, you wont get much interest & will be taxed on the little interest you do get!!
Colin

24th Aug 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to sack off any pension, unless its free, im going to stick my money into property I think....2nd mortgage, get someone living in it to pay its keep, hopefully in 30yrs when I retire it will be worth lots!!
Robbo

25th Aug 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
never really sorted a pension as allways moved round companies too quickly (motortrade)

whats peoples thoughts on just puting a direct debit into another bank account every month, or any other options i should look at ? other than a company pension
If its an ISA then yes, that can be a good way of doign things, you wont get taxed and if you look around you shoudl find one with a good int rate, anything above 5% is comparative to pension fund growth atm (try moneysupermarket.com)

In theory any form of saving is better than nothing but your avg bank account wont pay a high enough rate of interest and as col said, you ll get taxed as well

[Edited on 25-08-2008 by Robbo]
jr

25th Aug 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers colin and robbo, will sort that out asap then

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll