corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Buying a Macbook.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a Macbook.......
AdZ9

User status: Offline
30th Jun 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time has come in my career where I really need to get a macbook, I use macs all day at work and then PC in the evening, but lately doing freelance work i've been having difficulty interchanging files etc as the clients use macs and I use PC. So i've decided to get a macbook.

I don't want a macbook pro as we have one at work and i don't like it as its heavy and to big. I want the black macbook the 2.4 spec with 2gig ram, 250gb hdd etc. Its around £950 with the VAT added to it but I was wondering if anyone knows any ways/deals/tricks I can do to get the price down?

I was thinking about finding someone or use my sister to get it as a student as I heard they knock the VAT off if your a student?

Anyone got experience with getting it knocked down, or know any tips/tricks to get it done?
Cosmo

30th Jun 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie said a while back he can get money off Apple products via his work, not sure if this is still the case.

Failing that then get your sis to get it as she'll get the student prices. Or ask your employer to buy it through them and they can claim the VAT back.
Dom

30th Jun 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or become friends with an apple employee, as i think they get 40% off.
The student discount is only 10% so you're better off getting it VAT free through a company etc.
AdZ9

30th Jun 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might try and get it through my company, ask them if they can get it for me that way I can get it VAT free. Although not sure if they'll be able to as they are a massive company and don't think they'd do it for me.

40% off, jesus i need to find an apple employee!
Laney

30th Jun 08 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't ask for any details to prove you're a student apart from what Uni you're at

New Poll