corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mac's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mac's
hugefoot

User status: Offline
14th Jun 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have a pc laptop for uni, but am moving out of halls into a house next year and think i want a desktop.

Basically, what are your views on a mac? I have used my friends mac book before and loved it, really easy to use, and looks good.

I believe they are totally compatible with PCs, is this right?

I was thinking of the iMac, over the miniMac, as you get a large screen with built in camera and looks good!

opinions?
Cosmo

14th Jun 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a different operating system that does take some getting used to, but it doesnt take long as is really easy to use once you are familiar with it.

You cant just load up Windows apps onto it though, but their are a few ways to do so if you need to, but you can get Mac versions of Microsoft Office so 905 of the time it wouldnt be a problem.
Dom

14th Jun 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macs are brilliant, they usually just work and the new intels are pretty good. Also, it means you can install windows along side OSX so best of both worlds!

Like cosmo said though, windows apps won't work on OSX, there are ways of doing it but it isn't 100% guaranteed that they'll work! But most of the time there are ports of apps to OSX (and visa versa) - so microsoft office etc Theres also plenty of alternatives as well......

If you're not a gamer then i say it's worth getting a mac

Joe

15th Jun 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Imac, I love it. Set up is so easy, the OS is pretty easy when your used to it. I only use it to surf the web and music etc which it is perfect for.

Also it looks ace and is pretty well built, saying that though the CD drive is playing up. Other than that no complaints, apart from maybe a little expensive but you get what you pay for I suppose.
James_DT

15th Jun 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Mac laptop and desktop (both PowerPC), and a Windows laptop and desktop. I'm still not sure either way on the desktops, but I'd not bother buying another Mac laptop. Can get better from Dell for the same money.
Cosmo

15th Jun 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reason being?

As Im going to be buying a laptop next month and as I have a Mac was considering a MacBook.
James_DT

15th Jun 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically because I've got less spare cash than I used to, and I don't think that OSX is better than Windows enough to warrant spending the extra money on the Apple when I only use it for the internet and playing music.
My sister's got a Macbook and my Mum has a Macbook Pro, and they're brilliant computers, but they're not brilliant enough IMO.
Cosmo

15th Jun 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking money out of it though - which would you say is the best computer?
James_DT

15th Jun 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mac.

New Poll