corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Macbook WiFi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Macbook WiFi
Laney

User status: Offline
7th Jan 07 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been attempting to get my MacBook working with my non-Airport wireless router and I've had zilch success. Well, I've had it working once and I have no idea how?

I know there's issues with WPA and Mac's but its not working even without encryption.

Any ideas?

[Edited on 07-01-2007 by Laney]
liamC

8th Jan 07 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try putting a $ at the start of your encription key.

I could never ever get connected to the net with a WPA, but managed (in the end) using WEP.

EDIT: On second glance, it looks like I've completely misread your problem; sorry!

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by liamC]
James_DT

8th Jan 07 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always used to have issues with WEP because it kept asking for a password when I needed to give it a key, but I got around that. No idea why it's not working without encryption, though. Will it work on any other wireless networks?
Laney

8th Jan 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Try putting a $ at the start of your encription key.

I could never ever get connected to the net with a WPA, but managed (in the end) using WEP.

I thought the $ was only for older versions of Airport/OSX?

I haven't had chance to see if it works with other networks yet. When I googled it other people had been having problems with my router too, so maybe its that

EDIT:

I thought I'd tried the millions of permitations, but actually using the Network Settings > Assist me worked I needed to use the $ infront of the 128-bit WEP password.

Lets see how long this lasts

[Edited on 08-01-2007 by Laney]

New Poll