corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple Macbook AIR!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple Macbook AIR!!!
John

User status: Offline
16th Jan 08 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More reliable how?
antscorsa

16th Jan 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both of good similar spec both run same design programs and the mac is a lot faster and alot less prone to randomly shutting down or causing problems
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was reffering to software being incompatible and less software generally being available
Dom

16th Jan 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i was reffering to software being incompatible and less software generally being available

im confussed, what software is incompatible? And less software available. compared to what?

I agree that the macbook air seems to be a bit of a gimmick, a bit like the Asus Eee's - really don't see the point in them.
But im with ant that macs are a lot more reliable than pcs and like ant i use numerous windows systems and a number of macs, im sure you can guess which systems i have to constantly fanny around with
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barnes is always moaning that stuff doesnt work on his mac to me
John

16th Jan 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who complain about windows systems not being reliable either have dodgy systems or dodgy software.

Mac software may be slightly more stable as it is programmed for a very limited set of hardware and the developers know exactly what it will be running on.

I am not saying this is a downfall of the mac, if this makes it more stable that's a bonus.

Any system i've built though is perfectly stable, I have no crashes/reliability problems unless for instance there is a hardware fault.

This has held true since xp.

If you use some small piece of software in work that is specific to one function and was developed in house it's most likely that that crashes, nothing to do with windows.
Laney

16th Jan 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Mac software may be slightly more stable as it is programmed for a very limited set of hardware and the developers know exactly what it will be running on.

I am not saying this is a downfall of the mac, if this makes it more stable that's a bonus..

This sums it up for me
LeeM

17th Jan 08 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fucking hate macs but steve seems to be stuck in 1997, nowadays nearly eevrything works with a mac, and most of the stuff that doesnt has a better version that does
Nismo

17th Jan 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macs are better for design and music, Fact!

PC's are better for general office and home use.
Rob_Quads

17th Jan 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
People who complain about windows systems not being reliable either have dodgy systems or dodgy software.

Any system i've built though is perfectly stable, I have no crashes/reliability problems unless for instance there is a hardware fault.

This has held true since xp.

Agree - My works machine is often up for over a month and its run quite hard running another 2GB VM all the time and many application.

Its true that if you install loads of stuff on the machine then it can slow down but this is more often than not software that does not properly remove it self and thus not windows fault.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Macs are better for design and music, Fact!

PC's are better for everything else.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll