corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Ellis

User status: Offline
18th Jul 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me that's as clean as ever, sounds like you've got a little depressed with it lately, don't give up on it though
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Fuck me that's as clean as ever, sounds like you've got a little depressed with it lately, don't give up on it though

Yeah its been getting to me lately mate. I seem to have quite a lot of bad luck with the car lol. Just needed some motivation

[Edited on 18-07-2010 by shaunmods]
Graham88

18th Jul 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How could you even consider breaking it?

It's lovely mate.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car looks mint Shaun,really does look brill! Hate to see you get rid of it

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Sean-B

19th Jul 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vinyl up that recess whilst the airdam is off!

Pics look amazing. Was I nice location actually.
Matt L

19th Jul 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks amazing as always, dont give up on it
doobs

19th Jul 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read your whole thread, Car is looking amazing! cant beleive how much time you have put in to this, reading the thread i was interested in the subtle mods and couldnt beleive when i went through page after page. excellent work.
Mark.W

19th Jul 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have the patience of a saint Shaun i would have gave up ages ago

Car looks amazing
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheer all

Sean, im tempted to be honest! Still not 100% decided, but like you said yesterday I can always just pull it off it I dont like it.

doobs, thanks for taking the time to read it mate, must have taken you a while lol. Glad to hear you like it though

Wooly I think I must have lol. Hopefully once I've got the engine sorted I start to have some good luck

Also I found the perfect engine on ebay. It was basically the block, head and sump out of a Tigra which would have been perfect for me to rebuild as I've got everything else. I come back from work ready to buy it and some git has beaten me to it lol. The hunt continues!
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slight change of plan on the engine front guys. Me and my dad have know decided to rebuild my current engine instead I thought this would be a better option for me as I'd be saving myself around £200 straight away buy not having to buy another lump. It also meant we would be able to leave the engine in the car rather than going through the hassle of taking it all back out again. So the Corsa came off the road this week to be stripped down. During the week I took engine dressing off, along with the inlet and induction ready for us to crack on today.

So this morning set ourselves the task of getting the head off so that we could check the bores to make sure that the engine was actually salvageable. Firstly we carried on stripping down the engine. Within about an hour it looked like this

The next thing we did was to remove the cambelt. I had exactly the same problem I had last time I took it off to do the waterpump. The bloody tensioner bolt rounded off again Last time we just untensioned it and that was enough to get it off but this time the part you put the allen key into rounded off as well lol. so to get the cambelt off we took the cam pulleys off and did it that way. With that sorted we took the cams out

Time for the head to come off we kept finding earths etc still connected when we were trying to get it out the car but we got there in the end

The lifters were then stored in some oil to keep them protected

Next we wanted to get the sump off so off came the exhaust manifold

sump off

Then out came the pistons

Finally a quick pic of how it stands

There is some minor wear on the lower parts of the bores but this shouldn't be a problem to sort Its a lot better than we were expecting anyway. So now I need to get all my rebuild parts so we can crack on with it. Also while working underneath we found something a bit shocking. one of my gearbox bolts had fallen out and the other one wasn't tight That explains the juddering feeling I was getting anyway lol. Lucky we noticed it! I thought it was just the egr playing up or something lol.

Also something my asked me to check, can you remove the crank when the engine is in the car? The reason I ask is because we don't want it getting messed up when we hone the bores.

Plenty more updates coming soon

[Edited on 01-08-2010 by shaunmods]
philip2

1st Aug 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope gearbox has to come out to get clutch and flywheel off + oil pump needs removing too if havent already took it out.
jibjob

1st Aug 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate. Im glad you chose to refurb this engine as you will save yourself a lot of money plus you know it will be right!

To get the crank out it'll be a hassle as you will have to remove the gearbox, clutch, flywheel and oil pump first. Then its just a case of taking the caps off and it'll drop out. On the note of the tensioner bolt i had the same problem but i bought some spares from Vauxhall and ive got a few lying about if you want one? Instead of being a torx bit its a 12mm hex style head so it wont ever round off.

Mines back in pieces again after rebuilding the new block. It ran fine but there was no oil getting to the inlet cam so ive taken the head off again. Its going to Philip2 to be ported and polished though whilst its off. I think the oil problem was due to the headgasket. Some of the holes from the block to the head were blocked by the headgasket for some reason so i think i was sent the wrong one
philip2

1st Aug 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

text me again, lost your number, bout 2moz
taylor2008

1st Aug 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, nice to see it finally complete but ashame to see it back in piece's tho :-(, at least you will noe it will be a good engine once its complete tho. keep it up
MarkSport

1st Aug 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimey you work fast in 4 hours.when i came you only just got the head off
Corsa_Scotty

1st Aug 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Work Shaun. This thread is not helping my craving for an engine conversion
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye nice work Shaun,hope it goes well once done

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right cheers for letting me know lads. I'm sure i'll be able to find some way of keeping it clean. Those tensioners are a pain in the arse though arent they Jon. This is the second time its happened now lol. How much you after for a Hex style one bud? Gutted to hear you're your having more problems though. Hope you get is sorted soon. You at Trax this year btw?

Cheers Taylor. Its been off the road more than its been on it lately lol. Like you say fingers crossed I'll have a good reliable engine at the end of it.

Mark we don't hang about lol. We didn't plan to have the pistons out today but we had plenty of time left so thought why not!

Scott I'm surprised its not put you off instead

Cheers Dan
jibjob

1st Aug 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll post you one for free if i can find them mate. When i bought them from Vauxhall they wouldnt let me just buy one i had to buy 10 so ive got loads spare! Just u2u me if you want one mate.

Im not too sure about Trax yet. Ive got to get it up and running and then ive got to sort the interior as its getting a mess. The rooflinings come unstuck so sags down and i tried painting a few interior parts anthracite but i hate it so ive got to do it all again. I will get there one day though! Ive got far too many plans for it already though Im hopefully having the BBS wheels off Aron and then i want to change the engine over next year to something with a bit of boost

[Edited on 01-08-2010 by jibjob]

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by jibjob]
Piér

1st Aug 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck on the re-build shaun, I hope the engine is better after! Everything is still so shiney in the engine its a shame your having to do it all again
You do work bloody quick though! Well done
You've got such a nice car
AlexW

2nd Aug 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful with those injectors, dont want any shit in the ends of them!

Good to see your getting on with it. If it was me id leave the crank in and just do the shells and rings.

Also those lifters, before you put them back in it would be a good idea to drain the oil out of them, if you catch me online sometime il explain how.
JaffaTB

2nd Aug 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate those torx bolts, every time i find one on my car i change it for a proper nut head if i have one that will fit

car looks mint mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well over the last few days I've been having some very nice packages arriving for the Corsa

- Head set inc bolts
- Piston Rings
- Sump Gasket
- x2 GM oil filters
- ARP con rod bolts

I also found that I didn't have half the tools I needed for the job we got those ordered as well

- Valve spring compressor
- Piston ring compressor
- De glazer
- Grinding paste

Can't wait to crack on with it now at the weekend One thing I've noticed with the ARP bolts is that they use a different head to the standard ones and I don't think ive got the right socket to do them up. Anyone know where I can get one for them? Would halfords do one do you reckon?

I've still got to a few more bits for the rebuild along with a couple of extra tuning goodies to do while its off the road

I'll post some updates at the weekend!

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by shaunmods]
AlexW

6th Aug 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC, ARP's need multi-sided socket, may be wrong though.

Shoulda said you was gona buy some grinding paste, ive got 5 brand new pots here lol

Anyway, get it done mofo

[Edited on 06-08-2010 by AW06]
Sean-B

6th Aug 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard the conrods have to be counterbored for the ARPs to fit. The heads are only multipoint. Most sockets are multipoint anyway.

<<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2121999 seconds