corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  64    65    66    67    68    69    70  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
AlexW

User status: Offline
15th Aug 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DUDE, should of replaced the ball socket bushs too, there like £8 from vaux!
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
DUDE, should of replaced the ball socket bushs too, there like £8 from vaux!

Ah feck, you never told me that before Too late now lol. Not trying that get that bugger off again!

[Edited on 15-08-2010 by shaunmods]
AlexW

15th Aug 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did tell you
j87tbh

15th Aug 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awseome progress thread mate. hope i don't have to go down the route of re building my engine, looking that way atm though lol

mtech short shifter ftw, took me a couple of weeks to get used to
SeanXE

15th Aug 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope everythings going good with the re-build mate, look forward to seeing it again some time
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex you probably did tbf my memory isnt the best lol

j87tbh, having problems with yours then? The quick shift is amazing though. I keep going outside to try it love it! Can't wait to try it on the road.

Cheers Sean, its getting there yeah! Hopefully it will be back on the road in the next week or so ready for Trax. you going this year mate btw?

SeanXE

15th Aug 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Alex you probably did tbf my memory isnt the best lol

j87tbh, having problems with yours then? The quick shift is amazing though. I keep going outside to try it love it! Can't wait to try it on the road.

Cheers Sean, its getting there yeah! Hopefully it will be back on the road in the next week or so ready for Trax. you going this year mate btw?

Ahh good not sure mate, kinda spending all my money on my car atm to make it mint and looking nice its a maybe, but definitely VBOA, and PVS next year
Anthony

16th Aug 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good shaun, ill be using you procject build information when mine needs a rebuild. How much did the quickshift and bushes set you back and where from mate?
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy_sri
Looking good shaun, ill be using you procject build information when mine needs a rebuild. How much did the quickshift and bushes set you back and where from mate?

Cheers Hope its of some help to you mate. Any questions feel free to ask! The quick shift was £45 posted from Rally Design and the Bushes were £12 posted from LMF.

Also I've got my new collets from Vauxhall Just need to put the last valve in now and the heads ready to go back on woop!
MarkSport

16th Aug 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just need to put the last valve in now and the heads ready to go back on woop!

Magnetic Screwdriver
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
quote:
Just need to put the last valve in now and the heads ready to go back on woop!

Magnetic Screwdriver

So much easier lol. We were rapid at getting them in after using that! Just one more to go and they are done
MarkSport

20th Aug 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all this again mate (an hour to read) .cant believe how far it has come.its ace
m-shahin

21st Aug 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like your car and i hope my corsa 1.0 will be like your car

i made a little modification for yours

i hope you like it

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by m-shahin]
MarkSport

22nd Aug 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a good suprise it was to look up whilst doing my seats and seeing you drive down my road

glad its back mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps. Cheers for the photoshop mate. Quite like the bumper actually! Only thing that puts me off is having no where for the plate to go

Well its finished wooo!

During the week me and my dad got the last valve in the head so its was ready to go back on. Before fitting it we put the lower inlet back on first

New headgasket on!

One thing thats never worked on the car is the speedo. So I bought a speed sensor off AW06 off here to try and get it sorted. My gearbox has a manual drive in it so my electronic clocks never worked. So I took the electric sensor out after lots of swearing and set about fitting a manual one with the speed sensor to convert it for my electric clocks.

It hasn't worked though which is a pain in the arse God knows why lol. So that needs checking at some point.

We were on such a roll with it I forgot to take pics though from here onwards damn it. Basically we got the cams back in, timed it all back up and got the rocker cover back on yesterday. Then today we refitted the exhaust and new decat pipe, along with the inlet etc and re connected all of the wiring

We then fitted a new oil filter, gave it some new mineral oil and water + coolant ready to turn it over It started first time but was making one hell of a screeching noise! Turned it straight off and tried to think wtf it was! We then started it back up and found that it was coming from the cambelt area. When fitting the tensioner we used a different bolt as the crapping torx one rounded off. The bolt had a washer on it though which made it sit out too far and it was fouling on the crankshaft pulley. So off came cambelt again and we took the washer off and it was all hunky dory after that The exhaust was blowing a bit so we refitted the gasket on the cat and sorted that.

Just got back from a little drive its 100% better No smoke, no engine rocking etc. To say im a happy chappy is an understatement! Also loving the quick shift linkage as well, so much nicer! feel ace

Finally a couple of pics of it all done back on the drive. It needs a damn a clean and the engine bay needs some attention now, mainly a good clean and a couple of bits need respraying again due to them getting marked when working on it. No biggy though.

Roll on Trax!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great shaun!! loved this car since i first read this thread and it just seems to get better!! keep it up.

Daz.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
cayenne15
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking the sex now shaun! cant wait to see it and have a passanger drive in it!! glad you kept your pateince mate! looking lovely, need a video of the noise now
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys

Luke its painful having to drive it like a nun! So tempting to give it some beans but I've got to do a bit of running in first. Hopefully I've got some decent mileage on it by trax The exhaust is a little bit louder now yeah! Can't wait to hear it on full chat! Might pop down to see you before trax btw mate if thats ok? Good excuse to do some miles in the car lol and would be good to catch up
jibjob

22nd Aug 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i made more work for you mate Thats what happens when you believe Vauxhall about anything They must have realised that it would foul! I never noticed as i never had a washer on mine.

Good to hear its up and running though
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Sorry i made more work for you mate Thats what happens when you believe Vauxhall about anything They must have realised that it would foul! I never noticed as i never had a washer on mine.

Good to hear its up and running though

lol dont worry mate. It was worth it just to not have one of those crappy torx bolts on it again Thanks again bud
jibjob

22nd Aug 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem mate

Just need to get mine done now as im letting the white-on-white side down!
cayenne15
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cheers guys

Luke its painful having to drive it like a nun! So tempting to give it some beans but I've got to do a bit of running in first. Hopefully I've got some decent mileage on it by trax The exhaust is a little bit louder now yeah! Can't wait to hear it on full chat! Might pop down to see you before trax btw mate if thats ok? Good excuse to do some miles in the car lol and would be good to catch up

Yes mate that would be great , i aint got much free time as of tomorrow, as im working full time for my step dad now, but any saturday would be great . I still havent got the damage on my car sorted it wont be done for trax either . But yeah any saturday would be great mate!!
Liam

22nd Aug 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is awesome, definatly one of my favs on the site, just perfect.
skankaman

23rd Aug 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this yesterday when you was at marks m8. It looks the sex
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work, glad to see its looking good again

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

<<  64    65    66    67    68    69    70  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2103460 seconds